U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 07:34 PM

229 posts, read 177,976 times

Advertisements

Is it just me, or do any of you other folks seem to notice this? Lot's of defective or flawed goods slipping through. I've done a lot of recent ordering of various items and have never gotten so many defective, damaged or flawed items in such a short time.

One such item was an airbrush compressor. The first one was not even operable and wouldn't hold air because of a check valve that was missing parts. Clearly no one even bothered to test run this air compressor before it left the factory. A new replacement was sent, but it also had a defect. The pressure regulator was stuck (the needle jammed) and had to be repaired also for it to work by myself. Are you guys serious?? Kidding me?? Get outta here. This wasn't some Wally World $70 piece of crap either....it was a famous maker (I'll leave it out to avoid slander) and costs nearly $300. Um yeah, what's up with that?

Fast forward a bit further.....several broken other items that either did not work and had to be sent back or had a big flaw, scratch or dent in them upon opening the package. Also high dollar knives and other sporting goods items.

The way it's been going lately, I would be half afraid to buy a new vehicle right now. Obviously people just don't give a damn.

What say you?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 07:37 PM

86,068 posts, read 76,221,417 times
I agree. I always cross my fingers now when opening a box or put something together.
And the stuff is so flimsy now you wonder just how long it will last for the money spent to purchase.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I agree. I always cross my fingers now when opening a box or put something together.
And the stuff is so flimsy now you wonder just how long it will last for the money spent to purchase.
Well, when you purchase China INC. crap, you take your chances I guess and this sort of thing is to be expected.

This is starting to happen with high dollar quality goods as well.

I wonder if Government "problems" breed this type of thing?

No one cares anymore or takes pride in their work?

I would and do... don't want some guy ten States away cussing me and thrashing his fist about in anger rage. I just spent $500 on this turd??

Should have just bought the $60 Wal-mart piece of crap..........

Old 09-01-2013, 07:43 PM

11,770 posts, read 9,114,892 times
Planned obsolescence and mfg's cutting corners...

Old 09-01-2013, 07:45 PM

11,770 posts, read 9,114,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV BODYGUARD #1 View Post
Well, when you purchase China INC. crap, you take your chances I guess and this sort of thing is to be expected.

This is starting to happen with high dollar quality goods as well.

I wonder if Government "problems" breed this type of thing?

No one cares anymore or takes pride in their work?

I would and do... don't want some guy ten States away cussing me and thrashing his fist about in anger rage. I just spent $500 on this turd??

Should have just bought the $60 Wal-mart piece of crap..........
It's mostly due to mfg design. Apple and Dell manufacture in China and don't have problems with making quality products.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 PM

20,301 posts, read 20,244,314 times
For knives I buy german steel.
I seldom buy anything on line. If I can't see it first, touch it, inspect it then I don't want it.
Wal mart? Never. I'll drive the 40 miles to a store that has quality.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:54 PM

We're even talking Sears Craftsman tools here. Tools with rust on them. Great big scratches and dents in brand new tool chests.

Knives?

Yeah, Microtech and Benchmade are just two I'll rub some salt in.

Defects guys are unacceptable at that price point.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:06 PM

I've also got a EMT/Fireman friend who has a Gerber USA Guardian sheath crack the first day while carrying it on duty. The "Kydex" or plastic was not cured properly.

Not only is quality suffering, the warranty departments give you the run around as well making good on your claims.

It took him nearly a month and a half to get it fixed.

They even hang up on you now and don't return your emails.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:11 PM

8,010 posts, read 8,498,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
It's mostly due to mfg design. Apple and Dell manufacture in China and don't have problems with making quality products.
Actually, they do. Certain models of Dell laptops have serious issues with the GPU solder breaking free. It's a known issue among computer techs, even to the point that there are youtube videos on how to "fix" the problem by reflowing with a heat gun. HP laptops, also made in China, have the same issue. As for Apple, they just spent over $1 Billion replacing faulty iPhones.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:18 PM

Two year old refrigerators springing a leak and losing all their 134A freon as well.

Leak couldn't be found......JUNK IT!

Can you believe that?

John Deere tractors with transmission problems under 1 year......

Ooh.....I'm just getting started fellas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies