Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 10:28 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,520,074 times

Advertisements

The country elected an inexperienced narcissist as president because of the color of his skin (not the content of his mind). Why would anyone expect anything other than amateur hour from these clowns?

Old 09-02-2013, 10:41 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,132,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Now this is a norm among politicians especially the left leaners. Ignore the Military experts and just do what we say to do.
LBJ "We don't bomb an outhouse lesson I say so."
Go ahead and name one sitting general that is on the record saying we shouldn't take action! Just one! Military service people have always had opinions on how the US should use force but what it comes down to is it isn't really their choice. Don't like being ordered around don't join...

Old 09-02-2013, 10:43 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times
You may not be aware of this, but in the United States the military is required to follow the decisions of the civilian government, not the other way around. Consequently, the opinions of a small sliver of the military are not what control our military or foreign policy decisions.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
The country elected an inexperienced narcissist as president because of the color of his skin (not the content of his mind). Why would anyone expect anything other than amateur hour from these clowns?
The people spoke and you're in the political minority. No one wanted McCain and his clown of a running mate and no one wanted the flip flopper/47 % nonsense Romney was spewing. Instead of making crap up like voting on race how about nominate a candidate that has a plan and can connect with the American people... It's a reason the Republican party is shrinking. They [Republicans] blame their short comings on others and they make up lies to stroke their egos...

Old 09-02-2013, 10:48 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Go ahead and name one sitting general that is on the record saying we shouldn't take action! Just one! Military service people have always had opinions on how the US should use force but what it comes down to is it isn't really their choice. Don't like being ordered around don't join...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
You may not be aware of this, but in the United States the military is required to follow the decisions of the civilian government, not the other way around. Consequently, the opinions of a small sliver of the military are not what control our military or foreign policy decisions.
Exactly, people seem to forget that to refuse an order by the President will get you court martialed quickly. As said before, you don't like the President and his policies, don't serve.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
At least Bush had the justification of the 9-11 attack on Americans on US soil.

There is nothing remotely close to a justification for this one.

Why can't Obama use diplomacy?
Bush was justified going into Afghanistan not Iraq.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:49 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Go ahead and show me a post where I claimed our Generals said we shouldn't take action. Just one post.!
I said that it is common for political leaders to ignore the Military experts including generals. my example was LBJ. He asked for list of priority targets. He got his list. He then in spite of what his generals recommended worked up from the least important. This is historic fact.
In this case. What general would advise the President to advertise the targets, list the restrictions and then allow the enemy time to reposition the assets?
I agree the military has always had opinions and no it isn't their choice which explains the goat screws like Vietnam, Somalia and Afghanistan to name a few.
They are subject to civilian poor decision making and then enjoy the blame when it doesn't work out.
Syria is none of our business and we should be treating it as such.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
The people spoke and you're in the political minority. No one wanted McCain and his clown of a running mate and no one wanted the flip flopper/47 % nonsense Romney was spewing. Instead of making crap up like voting on race how about nominate a candidate that has a plan and can connect with the American people... It's a reason the Republican party is shrinking. They [Republicans] plan their short comings on others and they make up lies to stroke their egos...
If Obama gets us into another useless war in the Middle East while bringing in the cowards of Syria as refugees for us to support because they're too fearful to fight for their own cause but prefer to let young Americans do their dying for them, you might see fewer voters for the war mongering democrats in the next election.

Your Obama has not yet explained why we should send young Americans to die for his Syrian cause. There is no goal there, not even some vague silly nation building goal. Bombing for bombing's sake is idiotic.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Go ahead and show me a post where I claimed our Generals said we shouldn't take action. Just one post.!
I said that it is common for political leaders to ignore the Military experts including generals. my example was LBJ. He asked for list of priority targets. He got his list. He then in spite of what his generals recommended worked up from the least important. This is historic fact.
In this case. What general would advise the President to advertise the targets, list the restrictions and then allow the enemy time to reposition the assets?
I agree the military has always had opinions and no it isn't their choice which explains the goat screws like Vietnam, Somalia and Afghanistan to name a few.
They are subject to civilian poor decision making and then enjoy the blame when it doesn't work out.
Syria is none of our business and we should be treating it as such.
You mentioned "Ignoring the Military experts" my question was who is being ignored? I was referring to this situation not Vietnam. I'm curious what expert is being ignored in your opinion. I haven't seen a military expert on the record speak out against the current plan...

You are correct about LBJ though...

Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If Obama gets us into another useless war in the Middle East while bringing in the cowards of Syria as refugees for us to support because they're too fearful to fight for their own cause but prefer to let young Americans do their dying for them, you might see fewer voters for the war mongering democrats in the next election.

Your Obama has not yet explained why we should send young Americans to die for his Syrian cause. There is no goal there, not even some vague silly nation building goal. Bombing for bombing's sake is idiotic.
For the record I'm against going into Syria or conducting strikes. My statement was in response to misinformation "The country elected an inexperienced narcissist as president because of the color of his skin"! The kind of lies neocons proliferate to stroke their little egos...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies