Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 07:03 PM

87 posts, read 78,299 times

Advertisements

Its your favorite troll poster!

Starting a new feed to address a question from my last feed..

No need for introductions..many of you have/or are going to look at prior post of mine..

One particular thing that struck me was all of you believe people are born gay..
Even after some posters admitting to having heterosexual relationships prior to getting involved with a same sex partner.

One poster, and I quote..
"I was faking being straight."

Whatever that means..

Would any of you like to enlighten me with your "born" gay hypothesis?

After researching the question, I have found studies to suggest, but no hard factual information..

My opinion in this matter is irrelevant. We have spent time addressing the fact that you all feel I am narrow minded and shallow..Point taken..lol..

The floor is yours!

Old 09-02-2013, 07:05 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
This one has been addressed even more often. 868,754 times.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:08 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
The search function is your friend.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:10 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
Many people have claimed to have known they were "different" from a young and pre-sexual age. I've personally known people from childhood who I pretty much assumed were going to come out later in life and I was right. These are not people that leaned to be gay...they had the same life growing up as straight siblings. And wasn't there a study done that indicated a difference in the brain of homosexual men vs heterosexual men? All that point to yes, it's probably something that's determined somehow in utero, meaning they are "born that way". People are born lots of ways so I don't know why this would be anything to argue about.

You claim to have become a butch lesbian because of "personal sob story here". And because of a VERY PERSONAL experience and transformation assume to know what makes everyone else tick. I find that fascinating.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:17 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
There has been several stories as of late where troubled teens having problems dealing with their sexuality and being gay and committing suicide, which is just completely unacceptable to me........ sad sad waste of a life...

I just don't think with all of the societal pressure to "be straight and fit in" that someone is going to choose being gay.

I mean it's possible of course, but for me, IDK, I have always thought and will continue to do so, that gay people are born that way...... I don't have any fancy science to back up my claim, other than to me it just seem like common sense.....

Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,559 times
I can understand why people who are same-sex attracted try to hide that fact or become involved in an opposite sex relationship. The negativity, insults, bullying, judgement, etc. that homosexuals are faced with on a daily basis make it, in my opinion, easy to see why they may pretend to be someone they are not. Given that heterosexuality is the norm, I can completely understand the desire to "fit in."

I cannot understand why anyone would decide to be gay. Why would someone make a conscious choice to subject himself to the hatred that some people have toward homosexuals?

Old 09-02-2013, 07:20 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,098,699 times
Is one's sexuality set at birth? Perhaps, perhaps not.

Does one consciously choose his or her sexuality? No. It's a completely unchosen, innate, biological characteristic (somewhat similar to one's handedness).

Old 09-02-2013, 07:23 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernesther View Post
Its your favorite troll poster!

Starting a new feed to address a question from my last feed..

No need for introductions..many of you have/or are going to look at prior post of mine..

One particular thing that struck me was all of you believe people are born gay..
Even after some posters admitting to having heterosexual relationships prior to getting involved with a same sex partner.

One poster, and I quote..
"I was faking being straight."

Whatever that means..

Would any of you like to enlighten me with your "born" gay hypothesis?

After researching the question, I have found studies to suggest, but no hard factual information..

My opinion in this matter is irrelevant. We have spent time addressing the fact that you all feel I am narrow minded and shallow..Point taken..lol..

The floor is yours!
Yes, people are born gay. The gay brain is physically wired differently. How on earth can you voluntarily control who you find attractive? Nobody sits there analyzing every person they see walk by, debating about whether they are attractive or not.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:26 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,771,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Many people have claimed to have known they were "different" from a young and pre-sexual age. I've personally known people from childhood who I pretty much assumed were going to come out later in life and I was right. These are not people that leaned to be gay...they had the same life growing up as straight siblings. And wasn't there a study done that indicated a difference in the brain of homosexual men vs heterosexual men? All that point to yes, it's probably something that's determined somehow in utero, meaning they are "born that way". People are born lots of ways so I don't know why this would be anything to argue about.

You claim to have become a butch lesbian because of "personal sob story here". And because of a VERY PERSONAL experience and transformation assume to know what makes everyone else tick. I find that fascinating.
Gay Brains Are Wired Differently Say Scientists

The authors concluded that the brains of homosexual subjects demonstrated "sex-atypical cerebral asymmetry and functional connections". These differences could not be explained simply by "learned effects", and they suggested a "linkage to neurobiological entities".

A cognitive biology expert told BBC News that he believed these brain differences were decided early in the development of the fetus. There was no longer any argument, "if you are gay, you are born gay," he said.

Old 09-02-2013, 07:29 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,332,162 times
Gay,gay,gay,gay,gay. Is there anything else important besides ones sexuality? *-*-*-* about it already!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies