Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 07:25 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,001 times

Advertisements

Its a media led distortion of the facts to create a crisis where there is none. The liberals can then step in and sieze power. No one was dying in the streets anymore than other developed counties and you can spare me the half baked studies declaring otherwise.

The sky is falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Believe what you want. It doesn't matter to me..I am happy with the health care in BC and so is everyone else I know...You in the US will have to deal with your own healthcare issues...If it was as good as so many say it is, then why is there so much controversy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 07:27 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'll have my favourite.

At 9% alcohol, I can only have one. I'm a lightweight.
I had no idea that there was still 9% beer....I remember Uncle Ben's which was 10%.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:29 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,777,001 times
Not at all. Im suggesting that Obamascare wasnt necessary because we already had the social safety net in place. It had issues that needed to be addressed but most folk were able to access some of the best health care in the world.

Lord knows if you were here illegal you had access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
You sure have me confused here!
You're deriding liberal HC policies because they were twice successful for you?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:29 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
same can be said about your health care - why so much controversy and so many unhappy with MEDACL CARE in Canada and UK are coming for MEDICAL CARE to the US?
Once again. You folks keep repeating the sound bites from the Koch Brothers like the lemmings you are.

That was dealt with way back there a piece. See posts this thread #'s 210 & 213

Using those who are willing to travel for their convenience anywhere else for healthcare as an indictment on a system would then lead one to the logical conclusion that your system sucks the big one by comparison to ANY others.

There are MILLIONS of you travelling to places like India, Costa Rica, Mexico and even Cuba fer chrissake for healthcare. It's one of the single biggest growth industries out there, catering to the disaffected American medical tourist.

So if yours is so stellar; to quote your own question, why are so fugging many of you LEAVING the U.S. to get better.

I posted links in this very thread you obviously ignored but others are not so google averse.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:38 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I had no idea that there was still 9% beer....I remember Uncle Ben's which was 10%.
Can I join you guys if I bring along some Alexander Keiths Premium I.P.A.

I cannot get the beer I like up here in Canada or even Michigan and have to hold my breath till I get back to Florida in the fall to get my Yeungling fix.

I'm also tired of repeating myself over and over for the benefit of those who keep spouting the same old bumph.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:51 PM

808 posts, read 662,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
blah-blah-blha

read the posts, then you might try to think over them, then, maybe, just maybe you will understand, that unlike you, who repeat talking points from mother jones or media matters, others just deal with those "happy Canadian patients" in person. Providing medical care for them.

When they come to get their medical care in the US. Because they are unable to get it in Canada.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:50 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
read the posts, then you might try to think over them, then, maybe, just maybe you will understand, that unlike you, who repeat talking points from mother jones or media matters, others just deal with those "happy Canadian patients" in person. Providing medical care for them.

When they come to get their medical care in the US. Because they are unable to get it in Canada.
This was already addressed a few pages back. Why are you asking the same question again? Is it because you got an answer you didn't like? Hmm, seems like it

Old 09-04-2013, 01:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
When none of them have had any experience with such a system? There's dozens of Canadian and British posters on here who can easily refute just about any ridiculous claim made by reactionaries against both systems. So:

1. How many people die as a result of a waiting list in Canada and the UK, compared to how many people die in the US because they can't pay for a procedure for whatever reason (which amounts to a defacto waiting list of sorts)?

2. I also constantly read just how superior US healthcare is. Sure, healthcare is superior in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh or Cleveland, but what about those people, of which a plurality, if not most, Americans live in such settings; namely being those that live in a no-name city like Altoona, PA or Somerset, PA or some other small, rusted out town in eastern Kentucky, etc.? Not every geographical area in the US has a Cleveland Clinic, a Philadelphia Children's Hospital, or some other respectable Level I trauma center. The Level II and III trauma centers are not centers of innovation and world class healthcare, everybody seems to forget those in their rants.
Why not simply move to Canada?

Old 09-04-2013, 02:00 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why not simply move to Canada?
Nothing "simple" about it. It's quite difficult to get in.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:03 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Can I join you guys if I bring along some Alexander Keiths Premium I.P.A.

I cannot get the beer I like up here in Canada or even Michigan and have to hold my breath till I get back to Florida in the fall to get my Yeungling fix.

I'm also tired of repeating myself over and over for the benefit of those who keep spouting the same old bumph.
Sure thing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies