Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,908,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Kudos to those of you making it clear that you really mean the indefensible things you wrote. You may not be able to claim the moral high ground but you can at least say that you're doggedly determined. My post was moral repudiation of rationalization of bigotry and hate, and of offensively discriminatory and disparaging characterizations. Clearly folks who find themselves supporting such disreputable perspectives are going to not be happy with their perspectives being exposed in that light. That's very predictable reaction to such exposure. The best way of not being exposed as supporting indefensibly offensive perspectives is your avoid advocating indefensibly offensive perspectives.
Pointing out facts are not bigotry or racism. It's just being observant. Sounds like you need to get a better grasp on the terms "bigotry". Your wormhole of sophistry is amusing but very ineffective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 01:50 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think if OP looks blacks picked a side long ago. Contrast that with other minorties that have come thru any prejudice. Black's have made it racist to offer any opinion that conflict with theirs;plain and simple. So people have moved on and its not just whites.
A long time ago, they were forced to pick a side. White Americans picked their side generally speaking, and there wasn't much of a choice for anyone else. You should check out Canadian Indian comedian Russell Peters when he talks about how whites screwed over AAs. We laugh but everyone knows it. Others don't have anything to move on from, but rather want no part in it.

AAs had to lead the "moving on" movement and the majority of whites wanted no part in that.

If you're a generational American, read your history. I'm not and even I know that.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
A long time ago, they were forced to pick a side. White Americans picked their side generally speaking, and there wasn't much of a choice for anyone else. You should check out Canadian Indian comedian Russell Peters when he talks about how whites screwed over AAs. We laugh but everyone knows it. Others don't have anything to move on from, but rather want no part in it.

AAs had to lead the "moving on" movement and the majority of whites wanted no part in that.

If you're a generational American, read your history. I'm not and even I know that.
Of course, just focus on "whites" and not the state...if whites DIDN'T choose white, they were killed. So if you are aware of this fact..why are you being pretentious in saying that whites should have taken the so-called "moral high ground" when you never took a breath in that era? It's easy to tell other people what decisions to make when you are totally liberated from either side of that coin. Hindsight is 20/20.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:25 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
[]And here I thought we were going to missing out on race-baiting threads on the P&OC forums today...[/b]

Question for you, OP, why do you make statements like this:

While knowing that they are fundamentally untrue? The majority of people I know, both black and white, look at the problems with society as problems with society, not as solely a black problem or a white problem.
race baiting threads are a dime a dozen now since Stormfront discovered City-Data.

Old 09-11-2013, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Of course, just focus on "whites" and not the state...if whites DIDN'T choose white, they were killed. So if you are aware of this fact..why are you being pretentious in saying that whites should have taken the so-called "moral high ground" when you never took a breath in that era? It's easy to tell other people what decisions to make when you are totally liberated from either side of that coin. Hindsight is 20/20.
Not necessarily @ the bold. Further, my post said "generally speaking," but either way, that doesn't change the right and wrong in the matter. Interesting that post is the issue for you, but it's fine in your eyes for someone to state that "blacks" picked a side way back when it was by force. Like it or not, it is the truth.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Not necessarily @ the bold. Further, my post said "generally speaking," but either way, that doesn't change the right and wrong in the matter. Interesting that post is the issue for you, but it's fine in your eyes for someone to state that "blacks" picked a side way back when it was by force. Like it or not, it is the truth.
Which shows that racism has always been a political tool that is very effective for the state to keep control. When settlers came to America they didn't say "yessss now we can abuse black folks"...They were just copying what was going on over the pond for thousands of years. Concerning the issue of whats "right" and "wrong"...the enslavement of people was not considered something morally bankrupt during specific times and within specific cultures.

Since then we've adapted the value as a society that racism is not an acceptable practice. We embrace usury of all, and even indentured servitude, but not slavery. We've LEARNED that this is just "what it is".

Speaking of the "post" of things....why would so many people be obsessed that everybody else will "unlearn" these norms? There is no need for the perpetual propaganda. People are quite resilient and they adapt and learn!

Again, whites were coerced to pick sides too....it's easy for you to dismiss this fact because it just does not fit your narrative. What did you expect some/many white people, who were scared for their life, to do during the slavery era? That being said, many white people did stick there neck out and die. Surely, you won't dispute this. You don't have to go back more than 30-40 years or so, white people were still getting maimed in the deep south for "going there".

It's easy to prescribe whatever treatment that may make you sicker when you don't have to take it. And that works from both sides of the fence.

And at the end of the day...."post" matters more because that is what I'm living in.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
race baiting threads are a dime a dozen now since Stormfront discovered City-Data.
It's very old, very tired. Put the rhetoric to rest.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:15 AM

577 posts, read 512,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I thought it was odd how many race threats are on this forum, and how many bigots making postings. I suppose Stormfront would explain that. I get confused sometimes between white supremists and die hard tea baggers since many make the same hateful posts.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:19 AM

Yes, everybody that has an opinion on racism is from stormfront. And everybody from stormfront wants to put black people in shackles again. Water tight CD logic for you.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Which shows that racism has always been a political tool that is very effective for the state to keep control. When settlers came to America they didn't say "yessss now we can abuse black folks"...They were just copying what was going on over the pond for thousands of years. Concerning the issue of whats "right" and "wrong"...the enslavement of people was not considered something morally bankrupt during specific times and within specific cultures.

Since then we've adapted the value as a society that racism is not an acceptable practice. We embrace usury of all, and even indentured servitude, but not slavery. We've LEARNED that this is just "what it is".

Speaking of the "post" of things....why would so many people be obsessed that everybody else will "unlearn" these norms? There is no need for the perpetual propaganda. People are quite resilient and they adapt and learn!

Again, whites were coerced to pick sides too....it's easy for you to dismiss this fact because it just does not fit your narrative. What did you expect some/many white people, who were scared for their life, to do during the slavery era? That being said, many white people did stick there neck out and die. Surely, you won't dispute this. You don't have to go back more than 30-40 years or so, white people were still getting maimed in the deep south for "going there".

It's easy to prescribe whatever treatment that may make you sicker when you don't have to take it. And that works from both sides of the fence.

And at the end of the day...."post" matters more because that is what I'm living in.
Nothing you said contradicts my post. It just upsets you that I responded truthfully to the post I quoted which, of course, was not a problem for you. It became problematic when it was corrected/clarified. My response to the post that stated "a long time ago AAs picked sides" was simply that back then were forced to do it. White Americans picked sides first, generally speaking. The situation for non-whites was much different in terms of choice.

If you feel to explain the different reasons why many white americans made the choices they did...do continue. No one is dismissing it. It just bothers you know that the situations were generally different for the different groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies