Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 02:10 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Hagel and Kerry started rattling off all the nations on earth this situation could impact.

Kind of shocked they didn't say Prussia and The Ottoman Empire.

There's always tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 02:14 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Kerry is talking about escalation and bragging about our capacity if we encounter any blow back.. not good!
What people are missing is that when 0bama and Kerry keep saying no boots on the ground, they mean in this instance. Now that Kerry is talking about blow back, did he happen to mention that it will be necessary to put boots on the ground, or is it going to be handled by putting boots on the sea and boots in the air???

Old 09-03-2013, 02:18 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
A "moron" who has Congressional leadership backing him now on Syria, despite all the ranting, raving and mouth foaming of the last two weeks by the teavangelicals.
When will people understand it's not left and right. It's politician and citizen.

If these morons vote yes, I never want to hear about how much money it costs, lives lost, etc. This isn't about being attacked on our own soil. This is saving face, on the part of Obama. And the warmongers in congress are in lockstep right behind him.

We don't know who is on what side. Our SoS loved Assad before he hated him. We don't know who did what.

But we're going in, because it's been awhile since Obama was able to strut about, acting like he's a "man", because he did something tough. No strategy. No objective. Disgusting....

Old 09-03-2013, 02:19 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,972,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Kerry is talking about escalation and bragging about our capacity if we encounter any blow back.. not good!
I thought he hated the Vietnam war? And here we are, entering into a conflict that doesn't impact our safety at all.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:24 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Uh....ummm.....ahhhh.....it's ah.....um.....very ah....ummm...annoying.

It ahh...um....also ahhh.....seems very uh....ummm.....contrived.

The ahhh.....great um.....ah....communicator...um...sounds a little uh....um....unsure without an....um....teleprompter.
It's your choice to allow your hate to consume you.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
I thought he hated the Vietnam war? And here we are, entering into a conflict that doesn't impact our safety at all.
You obviously do not know what we are planning, it is not like Vietnam.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:42 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You obviously do not know what we are planning, it is not like Vietnam.
Vietnam wasn't like Vietnam until it became like Vietnam.

Same goes for Iraq.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:43 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It's your choice to allow your hate to consume you.
I'm hateful for speaking like Obama?

I guess no one made fun of Bush's language, did they?

Old 09-03-2013, 03:28 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Kerry is a nut.

it's a different world.. more high power nuclear weapons in more countries. We depend more on middle east oil than in the 70's. Our power grid is vulnerable. Our communications are vulnerable. We are more global today. We have become the world police and the American people have to foot the bill.

Old 09-03-2013, 03:29 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,926,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You really do not know what is being discussed being done do you, we are not talking about another Iraqw or Afganistan, get educated on the topic then come back and post.
I do know the topic, just because I'm not a blind supporter of Obama doesn't mean I'm uneducated. I don't support us going there. Sorry.

Also, I do think this will be another Iraq or Afghanistan. No, this will not just be a quick missile and get out. Obama has managed to screw just about everything up that he's done and this will be another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies