Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 09:56 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,976,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxondale351 View Post
LOL like anyone of those actors or music executives would give you the sweat off of their B#$% if your kid was dying but you fight to hand them your next dollar. Well your a chump.
I wonder what you magine the median income for an SAG actor is... Pirates aren't modern Robin Hoods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 09:58 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Aren't you a Christian? Ever heard of "Thou shalt not steal."
What does being Christian have to do with it, they are the biggest thieves around. They tell you if you don't give to the church you will go to hell or pressure you into giving hard earned money so the priests can do nothing and then molest your kids. Rip offs of the first class.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,974,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I wonder what you magine the median income for an SAG actor is... Pirates aren't modern Robin Hoods.
To quote the actor Clark Gable frankely I don't give a damn.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
When people want something for nothing, they will think up arguments no matter their declared political stance. The lefties will b.tch about the evil studios and recording companies having too much money, the righties will argue that copyright is government intervention, the libertarians will be incomprehensible as ever, the anarchists do sorta live by their ethos here and Kim Dotcom is laughing all the way to the bank.
You see all you folks missed my entire point of the argument earlier. Many do it and DON'T KNOW THEY ARE VIOLATING ANYTHING. That is the point I'm making. You holier than thou who will never watch a vid or listen to a tune of a song you never paid for and read every contract ever put in front of you know it all but the other 99% of America don't and these companies use that to promote themselves. Hulu started from nothing bootleggers running vids and now they are big time. You think netflix cares if some clown shares their login in info? Hell no they want em to so some other guy says hey this is good I'll start paying the 7 bucks a month now on my own. Unreal how clueless people are. Up and coming artists WANT folks to steal their music and pass it around the net to get it heard. I just shake my head at how lost the world is.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Macy's and Target do not put armed guards at the doors and frisk their customers. They accept shrinkage due to theft and they don't cry about it all the time like the entertainment business does.

They design their stores to maximize their profits while making a nice place for their customer to shop. Just like the recording and movie business put their products on digital format. They opened the door to shrinkage and now we get to hear them cry about it.

They should really suck it up. Either lock down their product or shut up already.

Yes it's stealing. Quit crying about it.
Both the businesses and pirates have contributed to making "stealing" easier but only the pirates are the law-breaking scum. The businesses have the right to be protected by copyright law without needing copyright protection. Pirates do not have the right to pirate.

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
They tried to "lock down" their product, but consumers complained about it. Consumers complained about the DRM on video games. Consumers complained about DRM on music on CD's they bought. So to "placate" the consumer, companies/owners did away with DRM in some instances.

So what is a company to do to PROTECT their property? They want ot use DRM but consumers don't want it, or try ways to get around it.

Thanks for making my point.

So, we should stop crying when bank robbers rob a bank?
we should stop crying when a person is murdered?
we should stop crying when an arsonists burns down a house?
Yeah you're right. Those crimes are exactly like a kid watching a movie online for free

29,407 posts, read 22,000,074 times
Quote:
What does being Christian have to do with it, they are the biggest thieves around. They tell you if you don't give to the church you will go to hell or pressure you into giving hard earned money so the priests can do nothing and then molest your kids. Rip offs of the first class.
Hell man if your a christian go to confession and start over.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,270,071 times
Quote:
Who needs to hack into anything. I know of many sites that have links to anything you can imagine. Want to watch Wilfred, its out in HD within an hour after its aired. Want to watch HBO Boardwalk empire, same thing. I know of people who watch movies that will not show here in the states for several months and watch them now. Why would anyone need to hack anything? Its all on the net and its free baby. As I said I would not do it but I admire those who do. It amazes me how people will act like its money out of their pocket, LOL like anyone of those actors or music executives would give you the sweat off of their B#$% if your kid was dying but you fight to hand them your next dollar. Well your a chump.
'

and to this i say a big F*)&* You!

Do you know why?

The money earned off of one project is used to FUND the next project. When idiots like you go out and pirate or get something for free without compensation to the owners, you are depriving them of paying those actors/ those bands, those engineers, those producers, those make up artists, those foley artists, those SFX artists, those CGI artists, those set designers, those costumers, those audio engineers, those construction and set builders, those WALA groups, those background actors, those animators, and EVERYONE else that goes into making ath TV episode/show, that movie, that music cd, the art on that CD case, that art on those movie posters, and so forth.

There were countless projects that were "canned" because the earnings from one of our titles didn't make as much as we hoped (due to various reasons, and that also includes piracy). Yes, we account for a percentage of our "earnings" will be lost to piracy, but if the REAL sales do not make up for what is lost to piracy, the next project may not get funded. That means we have to layoff programmers and artists that would have worked on that project; that we may lose that group of QA testers that would have been spending the next 6-9 months testing code.

You may think that its just a movie. But there were over a thousand of people, with countless hours involved, that worked to make that movie possible.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:02 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times
Quote:
What does being a Christian have to do with it? Um, I was pointing out his personal hypocrisy, just as you were attempting to point out the supposed hypocrisy of Christians, generally.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:03 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,132,345 times
Quote:
Christians are hardly thieves. The ones who believe the church are fools, not thieves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies