Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 11:09 PM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times

Advertisements

I guess it is kind of petty of me to find this oddly satisfying.

Nidal Hasan's beard shaved off by force | World news | theguardian.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post

Forcing someone to shave isn't really justice. That's not going to come when he serves out his sentence...

Old 09-04-2013, 01:04 AM

20,123 posts, read 16,142,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Forcing someone to shave isn't really justice. That's not going to come when he serves out his sentence...
True, but at least they aren't kowtowing to him anymore.
Quote:
Army rules say prisoners who refuse to shave “may be restrained with the reasonable force necessary” to apply electric hair clippers and a restraint chair may be used. All uses of force must be videotaped and officials must produce a “detailed written report” afterward.
I still maintain it would have bothered him more to have a life of this, full of daily little indignities, with no chance of parole instead of letting him be a martyr like he wanted.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:23 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,364,800 times
I hope he put up a good fight

Old 09-04-2013, 06:17 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,474 times
Quote:

Prison rules are somewhat different than real society. Glad this dirtbag is finally realizing that fact.

Shave him,...head and all,...and then remove the wheels from his wheelchair.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:42 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,459 times
He never should have been allowed to keep the beard. I blame the initial presiding judge in his Court Martial. To her credit, the replacement judge opted to not make the beard an issue to keep delaying the process. In accordance with Army Regulation 670-1, Wear and Appearance of Army Uniforms and Insignia, beards are not permitted. Period. End of chat. Should have been a non-issue. The man is a coward. Plain and simple. He was fine with the Army footing the bill for his Health Professions Scholarship Program, he only developed objections to where the Army was, and what the Army was doing when it was time for him to hold up his end of the bargain in the form of his seven year service obligation. We were involved in Afghanistan and Iraq when he began the program, so it was a given that his service would involve deployment. Instead of just balking on his obligation, this clown felt compelled to gun down 13 innocent, unarmed Soldiers in the medical wing of the Soldier Readiness Processing Center at Ft. Hood. He has now been tried and convicted. He has been reduced to the lowest enlisted grade, and will forfeit all pay and allowances, and will be addressed simply as "prisoner" for the rest of his miserable existence.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:08 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Quote:

What? I think every dish he eats should contain pork.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
The beard did nothing wrong, the beard are good people, my beard tells me so, and I look good with my beard. It is sad when someone does something horrible and it is the beard that suffers.

Old 09-04-2013, 07:48 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,436,896 times
Quote:

It was bound to end that way.
They should have done that instead of spending a year in court asking him to do that.

Old 09-04-2013, 08:33 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Should not have had the beard in the fist place. As a member of the U.S. military, a 100% volunteer force, you are required to abide by the rules and regulations, you VOLUNTEERED to obey. That includes, NO BEARD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies