Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the words "Under God" be removed from Pledge of Allegiance?
Yes, remove it 42 53.16%
No, keep it 30 37.97%
No opinion/don't care 7 8.86%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 04:08 PM

219 posts, read 285,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What a Christian sentiment.
I didn't know that American religion was a Canadian issue..... hmmm..

Guess the next time I am up in Montreal I will have to look for something to be outraged over in a foreign country that doesnt effect me at all

Maybe at your Mcdonalds job you can write a complaint so that they can extend your offended nature to American Mcdonalds and stop this world shaking outrage

Old 09-04-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Period? Case closed? Your big book of fairy tales has the last word?
I once read a fairy tale about a province in canada so confused they weren't sure what country they wanted to be part of..... or how to keep trains on their tracks

It was a cute fairy tale dude

Old 09-04-2013, 04:12 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,320,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Nope..I was referring to the religious aspect of it.
Are you religious ?

Any woman can go out and buy contraceptives and pay with her own money.
What we have now though is the expectation that someone else will pay for them.
And that someone else objects on religious grounds and they are taken to court.

That's exactly what happened with contraceptives.
No one tried to prevent that woman from getting them whatsoever.
Why should insurance cover boner pills and not contraceptives? Nobody is asking for free birth control. They just want it covered by insurance.
It's like saying if you want hypertension meds, you should pay for them yourself. Insulin? Pay for in yourself.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
I didn't know that American religion was a Canadian issue..... hmmm..

Guess the next time I am up in Montreal I will have to look for something to be outraged over in a foreign country that doesnt effect me at all

Maybe at your Mcdonalds job you can write a complaint so that they can extend your offended nature to American Mcdonalds and stop this world shaking outrage
Cute.
Don't like my opinions because I'm Canadian? Put me on ignore. I have no problem with that.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Cute.
Don't like my opinions because I'm Canadian? Put me on ignore. I have no problem with that.
Atually, I was sticking up for Canada on another thread..... however, you are a little out of your league here..... when someone tries to put "under God" in Canada public places, then you can be outraged

Old 09-04-2013, 04:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Why should insurance cover boner pills and not contraceptives? Nobody is asking for free birth control. They just want it covered by insurance.
It's like saying if you want hypertension meds, you should pay for them yourself. Insulin? Pay for in yourself.
And up until 2010 people were fine with paying their own way.
As it was the administration did cave and extended the exemption to religious groups that were not churches.
Even Obama conceded that everyone has a right to practice their religion.

Obama Birth Control: Religious Groups Exempted From Contraception Rule
The revised approach effectively removes all faith-based organizations -- not just houses of worship but also hospitals and universities -- from covering employees' contraception costs.
"Now, as we move to implement this rule, however, we've been mindful that there's another principle at stake here -- and that's the principle of religious liberty, an inalienable right that is enshrined in our Constitution," Obama said. "As a citizen and as a Christian, I cherish this right."

Old 09-04-2013, 04:18 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,880,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
Atually, I was sticking up for Canada on another thread..... however, you are a little out of your league here..... when someone tries to put "under God" in Canada public places, then you can be outraged
Canada has more religion is public (allowed) than in the U.S., specifically Christian God.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:19 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,880,873 times
Quote:
Cute.
I like your city and country, but dislike your nonbelief. I know one day you will convert.

Old 09-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And up until 2010 people were fine with paying their own way.
As it was the administration did cave and extended the exemption to religious groups that were not churches.
Even Obama conceded that everyone has a right to practice their religion.

Obama Birth Control: Religious Groups Exempted From Contraception Rule
The revised approach effectively removes all faith-based organizations -- not just houses of worship but also hospitals and universities -- from covering employees' contraception costs.
"Now, as we move to implement this rule, however, we've been mindful that there's another principle at stake here -- and that's the principle of religious liberty, an inalienable right that is enshrined in our Constitution," Obama said. "As a citizen and as a Christian, I cherish this right."
You know what's funny? It's the Catholics who were howling about insurance covering contraception, yet something like 91% of Catholics USE contraception. At least the religious right is consistent in it's hypocricy. Well done!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
I like your city and country, but dislike your nonbelief. I know one day you will convert.
You mean convert BACK? Not a chance in your proverbial hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies