Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2013, 02:13 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,794,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
(Reuters) - The Roman Catholic Church has effectively buried the concept of limbo, the place where centuries of tradition and teaching held that babies who die without baptism went.
Catholic Church buries limbo after centuries | Reuters
Well, there ya go! No worries. All the baby souls will frolic with Baby Jesus.
Yep, and so will the soul of that infant who was killed who is mentioned at the beginning of this thread. What's your point here? Your argument about limbo/Heaven could also make things such as infanticide morally justifiable.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:14 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
Put holy water in all the toilets in case this happens again.
LOL

Old 09-06-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
No. I think only KUchif's God could determine who is a good person. "We are all born in sin". It's right there in the Book. Seems like not being born is a Get Out Of Jail Free Card.
Oh, OK, but this would justify extremely late elective abortions (such as at 36 weeks gestation) as well.

Also, despite not being a Christian or a theist, I thought that Jesus allegedly died for every single one of our sins during the past, present, and in the future?

Old 09-06-2013, 02:15 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,670,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
The overwhelming majority of anti-abortion people do not support such atrocities at all.
Oh I'll bet you wept for George Tiller.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:17 PM

147 posts, read 164,718 times
Quote:
No. I think only KUchif's God could determine who is a good person. "We are all born in sin". It's right there in the Book. Seems like not being born is a Get Out Of Jail Free Card.
How about if someone just received Absolution?

Old 09-06-2013, 02:24 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ3791 View Post
Choosing to have sex is assumption of the risk of pregnancy.

BTW, a fetus does not occupy the same space as its mother. It's attached to her, but otherwise occupies a space enclosed by its mother.

You may not be able to eliminate abortion, but if Roe and its progeny are overturned, some states might deter it by fining doctors for performing unlawful abortions and enforcing laws against unlicensed practice of abortion.
LEGALLY. I'm talking legal space. You can't have two conflicting legal entities in one body even if you argue they are separate because the woman is the only one who can exercise legal rights. There is no other way. Tell me how something can when YOU don't even know it's there. Bottom line, you want to know it's there and what to be it's voice. Nope, sorry.

Oh and everyone needs to get over the "when should it be covered by insurance" "who's paying for it" issues. It's a red herring and looks stupid when used in debates.

Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 PM

147 posts, read 164,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
LEGALLY. I'm talking legal space. You can't have two conflicting legal entities in one body even if you argue they are separate because the woman is the only one who can exercise legal rights. There is no other way. Tell me how something can when YOU don't even know it's there. Bottom line, you want to know it's there and what to be it's voice. Nope, sorry.

Oh and everyone needs to get over the "when should it be covered by insurance" "who's paying for it" issues. It's a red herring and looks stupid when used in debates.

"Legal space," huh? I must of been sick the day they taught about that in law school. Good thing it wasn't on the bar exam!

I'm really not sure what the rest of your post is saying. Would you care to re-phrase?

Old 09-06-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Oh I'll bet you wept for George Tiller.
Nope, I didn't weep for him, but then again, I didn't weep for individuals such as Margaret Thatcher either when they died. Just because someone did not bother weeping for someone does not mean that someone supports his/her death, especially when he/she was killed.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:47 PM

Oh, and just as a side note, anti-abortion violence also backfires on anti-abortion people politically, since it makes them look like extremists and since it makes the people which were killed in this violence martyrs to the pro-abortion choice side.

Old 09-06-2013, 03:50 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
The overwhelming majority of anti-abortion people do not support such atrocities at all.
The overwhelming majority of anti-choice people do not commit such atrocities, but they create the climate of holier-than-thou moral panic which inflames violent anti-choice groups and individuals. The non-violent, anti-choice majority may not be guilty in a criminal sense, but they are certainly responsible to a great degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies