Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 02:17 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times

Advertisements

Buckle up....we're in for a bumpy ride.

Syria strike: Senate panel votes to authorize military action - chicagotribune.com

Old 09-04-2013, 02:18 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Off to war we go !

Old 09-04-2013, 02:23 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
I'm sure there is no way that this can quickly escalate beyond planned scope and spiral out of control. Inconceivable!

Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,199,846 times
They need to hit ASSWAD for using chemicals very very hard. He has to go the same way as Hitler and Saddam because he is just as cruel and dangerous to the world at large. He cant hide for long and the second he pops his head up a dozen cruise missiles need to be there.It will take more than a few days but he will have to come out at some point. We can wait as long as he gets it. We dont need troops to do it. We just need some spies to give out the GPS location ..

Old 09-04-2013, 02:30 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Senator Rand Paul, a Kentucky Republican and a fierce opponent of military action in Syria, will filibuster any effort to bring an authorization of military force to a quick vote in the Senate, a Paul aide confirmed Wednesday.

Updates on Syria - NYTimes.com

Old 09-04-2013, 02:32 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,571,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Off to war we go !
I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT VERY MUCH.

That's not to say I support the US in getting involved at all. This problem is right in so many country's back yards. They should be the ones doing something if something is to be done. Those freakin Saudis for example. The US has been arming them for decades and they support the rebels. Why can't they do anything? The major European countries are very close to the action, let them look after their own interests for once.

I really believe the US gets sucked into these situations and no matter how often they turn out bad the American political and military leaders just don't seem to learn anything. I'm thinking this action will be similar to what was done in Libya. JUST ENOUGH ACTION TO TRY TO TIP THE BALANCE AGAINST THE REGIME. What I don't understand is how it is determined who the bad guys really are. IMO they are all bad and we hear in the west should just allow them to settle it out among themselves.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:34 PM

808 posts, read 662,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crestliner View Post
They need to hit ASSWAD for using chemicals very very hard. He has to go the same way as Hitler and Saddam because he is just as cruel and dangerous to the world at large. He cant hide for long and the second he pops his head up a dozen cruise missiles need to be there.It will take more than a few days but he will have to come out at some point. We can wait as long as he gets it. We dont need troops to do it. We just need some spies to give out the GPS location ..
No, they do not.

It is not the first and not the last time it was used.

It's a pretext to get involved into this war.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:36 PM

The only problem with this is that the US is not waiting on the UN.
The UN said it would take a few weeks for the chemicals to be analyzed.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT VERY MUCH.

That's not to say I support the US in getting involved at all. This problem is right in so many country's back yards. They should be the ones doing something if something is to be done. Those freakin Saudis for example. The US has been arming them for decades and they support the rebels. Why can't they do anything? The major European countries are very close to the action, let them look after their own interests for once.

I really believe the US gets sucked into these situations and no matter how often they turn out bad the American political and military leaders just don't seem to learn anything. I'm thinking this action will be similar to what was done in Libya. JUST ENOUGH ACTION TO TRY TO TIP THE BALANCE AGAINST THE REGIME. What I don't understand is how it is determined who the bad guys really are. IMO they are all bad and we hear in the west should just allow them to settle it out among themselves.
Our CIA has been in Syria doing covert operations since 2011 to destabilize the country.
We're not "getting sucked" into anything we have not already planned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies