Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 09:49 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times

Advertisements

All the usual partisan bickering set aside....

This is an odd thread considering the consensus in political circles is that the dems are poised to lose a number of Senate seats in 2014, but probably not control of the Senate.

However, there is enough concern over the volume of seats that they backed off gun control (in particular) out of fear of losing several "rural" state senate seats that are up for grabs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 09:57 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I say this because of what has gone on in Syria. Some of you are divided over Syria and yet your Speaker is forced to side with Obama about a military strike. I am sure the left is laughing all the way to the voting both in the next election when many of your own voters won't come and vote for another republican.
Pffffft...don't waste your time. Republicans are like Radical Muslims...they have a natural affinity for martyrdom. They can't help it.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:34 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I want Congress to oppose ALL of Obama's policies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Whether or not it is good for our country? Good call.
It's just more of Mitt's tactic: Disagree with Obama no matter what. Even if he agrees with you. Lol

Old 09-05-2013, 10:36 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
I say this because of what has gone on in Syria. Some of you are divided over Syria and yet your Speaker is forced to side with Obama about a military strike. I am sure the left is laughing all the way to the voting both in the next election when many of your own voters won't come and vote for another republican.
If we could only vote the Democrats out of existence at the same time we'd have something.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Of course they are laughing. They know they are winning. Doing whatever it takes to win is a winning strategy.

When your base goes insane over a war in the Middle East based on WMD's when Bush is in office and then can care less when Obama is planning the same, you know you won't lose them.

When you continue to promise free stuff to everyone who votes for you, you'll get all of those people.

Your strategy works to keep power; too bad it's destroying the US.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:39 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
If Obama ever comes up with something that's good for the country maybe it won't be opposed.
He already has, he kept a coupla RW political hacks and a ditz away from the White House.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:42 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
All the usual partisan bickering set aside....

This is an odd thread considering the consensus in political circles is that the dems are poised to lose a number of Senate seats in 2014, but probably not control of the Senate.

However, there is enough concern over the volume of seats that they backed off gun control (in particular) out of fear of losing several "rural" state senate seats that are up for grabs.
Partially true but their stance on immigration reform, women's rights, voting reform and other issues don't help their case. They lost seats in 2012 even though the economy hadn't recovered, much can happen in the next year to change voters minds.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:43 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
What miltary strikes are you talking about? Not every liberal is for war, niether is every liberal against it.

Im glad were are out of Iraq and leaving Afghanistan. I think the majority of the American people are.

One's mind should be made on a case by case basis. The call for inaction in every case is every bit as dangerous as the call to war in every situation.

We as informed Americans should be able to debate and react [to true and accurate information]and ask our leaders to act accordinly.
I am talking about the majority of the left. Every time we have been involved in a conflict under a GOP president the screams of "war mongers" from the left start. Now that we may get involved in one under a Democrat president the silence from them is deafening.

I am opposed to getting involved militarily in foreign countries in most cases. It is useless and costs us billions in tax dollars. Yet we leave our own borders wide open for every Tom, Amad, Jose, etc. to enter at will.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:45 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,563 times
Quote:
Are you not being a little hard on the R's? They're doing the best they can!

They have to eat their own once in a while.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Partially true but their stance on immigration reform, women's rights, voting reform and other issues don't help their case. They lost seats in 2012 even though the economy hadn't recovered, much can happen in the next year to change voters minds.
It is in the nation's best interest to oppose amnesty and no it isn't "reform". Women's rights? What about the rights of the unborn? What is wrong with making sure every one who votes has the right to? If the GOP is losing seats due to the above then there is something gone amok with the American mindset, not with those policies. Progressive brainwashing at its finest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies