Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 05:59 PM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolb View Post
Are you familiar with this newfangled invention called "google"??

Despite rumors circulated on right-wing talk radio that it's a communist-atheist-lesbian-muslim plot to take your guns away in the middle of the night, in reality it's SIMPLY what is known around the computer world as a "search engine."

Example:
If you "google search" the phrase "79% of republicans expressed explicit racial prejudice" there are approx. 67,000 sources from which to pick from to view the study results. That way, if you pick your own, you can't gripe about the source posted by somebody else.

But they all show the same result: {+/-4%} 79% of republicans express explicit racial prejudice

It is up to the person who made the claims to provide a source for them not for me or anyone else to "google" it.

67,000 sources? Get real, will you? I am sure all of the sources are some left wing, conservate hate groups. Again, post a link to the poll itself or consider yourself not credible.

I see, so the cartoons you posted represent the views of 79% of the GOP? I am sure you have a link to that also, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 06:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times
Give me a fudgin break. Like the Democrat Party, is that of compassion for the individual person.

Is that of integrity, truth, forthcoming with factual facts. Don't play footsie rootisie under tables with interns. Don't cheat on a dying wife.
Never lies or wavers at the peoples expense.

They are none of that either is the other side, but please humor us, we are not stupid and can see that both sides have major major issues, both sides.

However your side if the D is your side, are full of bad liars, and deceit, have a lapse in memory. Don't remember from one month to the next, what they say.

And Obama needs to get his fudgin lines straight. He did not mention no gosh damn RED-LINE everyone in creation but Obama, who in the hell does he think most of us are. We are not all ignorant lame kool-aid drinking sheep. Such a liar but a bad one at that. I recall him last year talking about a red-line, my memory still serves me right. Obama however, is losing his memory.

Pelosi is a piece of work, that needs to go, the women is nuts. The biggest thing your party is good at
is that of hypocrites, and it is do as we say, definitely not as we do.

Stop playing games please, it is not becoming it is belittling. Democrats in the last couple of years have gone to shi-!

How dare yo usay, that most of the people i know who lost HOMES AND JOBS under Obama, is what this Country needs. Welfare and Food Stamps and the many useless programs, are sending us broke.

Middle class your Man is a enemy of middle class lets not even go there. Already people i know have lost jobs, and full timers have been put down to part time work. They don't want assistance, they want their jobs back at full time. I know two men whose companies have taken the wives off of the health insurance.

I know a medical clinic and hospital where recently 30 Doctors quite at one time. Don't dare tell me this did not happen, it sure as hell did. We know why, save your nonesense for some kool-aid drinking ignorant sheep. Plenty of them around.

Democrats need to get their lying act together, and for once in their gosh damn life, be trutful and honest with the people, oh but that is something they are not use to doing. I know right? They love to attack and go after anyone person or entity, that demands truth of a situation or of a negative circumstance.
They are liars, and bad ones, and everyone in the damn adminsitration are a bunch of freaking fools. Every last one of them. When they decide to stop playing games, be trutful, stop playing the blame games, be forthright with a situation, stop their attacks on anyone who does not agree wit the King, we may listen, until then, they can go joe blow.

Obama do yourself a favor and shut up. He did not set no RED-LINE THE WORLD DID, CONGRESS DID, what the hell is up with that crap.

I do remember my memory serves me well, him last year talking about a red-line and he talked about a red-line for days. He was going to draw a red-line. I remember and so do other friends of mine.

There he freaking goes, always bucking the blalme on anyone but himself.

Last edited by california-jewel; 09-05-2013 at 07:30 PM..

Old 09-05-2013, 09:48 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,745,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I say this because of what has gone on in Syria. Some of you are divided over Syria and yet your Speaker is forced to side with Obama about a military strike. I am sure the left is laughing all the way to the voting both in the next election when many of your own voters won't come and vote for another republican.
as i have said many times before, dont count the republican party out just yet. they are going through a tough time right now, but remember that the political pendulum keeps swinging, and it is getting ready to swing back to the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
How exactly was Boehner forced to side with Obama in your opinion? I don't like the idea of involvement in Syria myself and my take on this one is that Boehner may be giving Obama just enough rope to hang himself.
that may or may not be rick. i think boehner is going to use his support for action in syria to force obamas hand in the upcoming budget battle that is shaping up. kind of a "i will support you on syria, but you have to give A LOT on the budget" deal. or perhaps boehner is that stupid and is willing to support action in syria. we shall see.

Old 09-05-2013, 10:01 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times
OP obviously did not watch the senate committee hearing where the only no vote on Syria was a democrat. Democrats were taking away so much presidential power in amendments from Obama time after time until McCain reminds them who was president and of the separation of power and danger in going too far. I mean Berranke leading on domestic front and now congress making presidential decisions ;what is left for Obama to do; take another vacation?

Old 09-05-2013, 10:25 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,453,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where is the link to this poll and why didn't you post it?
He possibly didn't post it because of the other numbers it showed. The 79% is overt racism as compared to 32% of Democrats. That's where they actually give you a list of words to describe the race.

However, they then did an implicit test. This is where they show you a series of pictures and have you rate every other picture. The pictures that people had to rate had no meaning or value. Without anything implicit in the picture a person is rating, they will tend to rate according their previous state of mind. In other words if you show them a picture of a cute kitten and then show a picture of a square and ask them if the square is good or bad, they will tend to say good. If you show them a picture of a starving child and then show them the square they will tend to say the square is bad.

So to get the implicit numbers they showed racially charged pictures, but instead of asking people to rate them, they asked them to rate other pictures that were completely neutral (in this case, random characters from the Chinese alphabet). And surprise surprise, 55% of the tolerant open minded Democrats showed themselves to be every bit as racist as the evil Republicans.

Yep, over half. Whereas in the case of the Republicans, their implicit racism was 15% lower than explicit.

I'm guessing that's why the original poster didn't post links, because the full story does not show Democrats in a very good light. It shows over half of them to be racist, and in addition also shows them to be dishonest about it.

Additionally, their method of showing people are racist is pathetic in general. If you see a picture of a black person and choose to say the picture is probably of an unfriendly person, that marks you as a racist. Does that mean you feel the person shouldn't get the same rights and privileges that other people get? Who knows, because the survey didn't test for that. It was a survey designed to produce racism. Sorta like the 1-in-4 sexual assault stats that were generated by asking women if they ever had sex and regretted it. Not whether they ever had sexual contact they did not consent to, just whether they ever regretted later any sexual contact they'd had. Designed from the start to produce high numbers.

Old 09-06-2013, 01:05 AM

7,448 posts, read 5,714,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I say this because of what has gone on in Syria. Some of you are divided over Syria and yet your Speaker is forced to side with Obama about a military strike. I am sure the left is laughing all the way to the voting both in the next election when many of your own voters won't come and vote for another republican.
I just wasted 23 seconds of my life...But, in the effort to understand I will ask..

Spoiler
What???

Old 09-06-2013, 01:10 AM

2,158 posts, read 1,990,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
We do not vote for left and right in America we vote for Democrats and Republicans.

WE need more representatives who are like Bernie Sanders, Dennis Kuchinich, Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, Ralph Nader. Left and right is irrelevant.
Stupid Thread.
So very true. It makes me shake my head when people go and vote for one of the two mainline parties. It's sort of like a choice between voting for the prison guard from cellblock A or the one from cellblock B.

Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,433,328 times
Quote:
(re: AP study concludes 79% of republicans are racists)

Respondents were randomly selected from a nationally representative panel maintained by GfK Custom Research. Overall results from the survey have a margin of sampling error of approximately plus or minus 4 percentage points. The poll measuring anti-black views, was conducted Aug. 30 to Sept. 11. 2012

That's quite a bit more accurate than far-flung conspiracy theories and anecdotal whines about "it's all going to he!! in a hand-basket" by people who get their "news" from glenn beck, hannity, and limbaugh.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal... JULY 4th 1776
Randomly or not, the poll is a phony as anything can be. Now, if you want to say, most blacks are racists, I might buy that one. Of course I men are created equal. May I ask, "where do you get your news" I huge number of Republicans I happen to know get theirs from a variety of sources, but many Democrats I know depend on MSNBC and the Huffington Post for starters or what they hear from someone else, cause they don't really spend a lot of time researching anything.
Your take on the poll, pretty much based on nothing shows why people who like to use their heads do not take any polls seriously. They are flawed and make to serve someone's agenda. This one certainly was.

Old 09-06-2013, 05:37 AM

62,726 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
He possibly didn't post it because of the other numbers it showed. The 79% is overt racism as compared to 32% of Democrats. That's where they actually give you a list of words to describe the race.

However, they then did an implicit test. This is where they show you a series of pictures and have you rate every other picture. The pictures that people had to rate had no meaning or value. Without anything implicit in the picture a person is rating, they will tend to rate according their previous state of mind. In other words if you show them a picture of a cute kitten and then show a picture of a square and ask them if the square is good or bad, they will tend to say good. If you show them a picture of a starving child and then show them the square they will tend to say the square is bad.

So to get the implicit numbers they showed racially charged pictures, but instead of asking people to rate them, they asked them to rate other pictures that were completely neutral (in this case, random characters from the Chinese alphabet). And surprise surprise, 55% of the tolerant open minded Democrats showed themselves to be every bit as racist as the evil Republicans.

Yep, over half. Whereas in the case of the Republicans, their implicit racism was 15% lower than explicit.

I'm guessing that's why the original poster didn't post links, because the full story does not show Democrats in a very good light. It shows over half of them to be racist, and in addition also shows them to be dishonest about it.

Additionally, their method of showing people are racist is pathetic in general. If you see a picture of a black person and choose to say the picture is probably of an unfriendly person, that marks you as a racist. Does that mean you feel the person shouldn't get the same rights and privileges that other people get? Who knows, because the survey didn't test for that. It was a survey designed to produce racism. Sorta like the 1-in-4 sexual assault stats that were generated by asking women if they ever had sex and regretted it. Not whether they ever had sexual contact they did not consent to, just whether they ever regretted later any sexual contact they'd had. Designed from the start to produce high numbers.
That's exactly what I figured. No wonder he didn't post a link to the poll.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:01 AM

6,175 posts, read 12,915,122 times
Quote:
(re: AP study concludes 79% of republicans are racists)

Respondents were randomly selected from a nationally representative panel maintained by GfK Custom Research. Overall results from the survey have a margin of sampling error of approximately plus or minus 4 percentage points. The poll measuring anti-black views, was conducted Aug. 30 to Sept. 11. 2012

That's quite a bit more accurate than far-flung conspiracy theories and anecdotal whines about "it's all going to he!! in a hand-basket" by people who get their "news" from glenn beck, hannity, and limbaugh.
If I remember it correctly, this study included as racists anyone who believes that racism isn't a significant obstacle to blacks in America. So I'm not sure I'd give much credibility to their conclusion. But please post the study, so we can actually become familiar with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies