Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:12 AM
bUU

12,077 posts, read 10,679,221 times

Advertisements

Except, of course, that isn't what President Obama's objective is. The photo just presents inane right-wing propaganda, without any concern about whether it accurately reflects the President's intentions.

However, it raises an interesting - but by contrast, a relevant - point: After seeing the pictures of the effects of chemical weapons recently presented, who would object to taking whatever action possible to get those weapons out of the hands of those who might use them?

Old 09-10-2013, 11:52 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,907,447 times
Apparently most Americans, as well as most of the world, that's who.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:56 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,990,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Except, of course, that isn't what President Obama's objective is. The photo just presents inane right-wing propaganda, without any concern about whether it accurately reflects the President's intentions.

However, it raises an interesting - but by contrast, a relevant - point: After seeing the pictures of the effects of chemical weapons recently presented, who would object to taking whatever action possible to get those weapons out of the hands of those who might use them?
How do you know the West is telling the truth on this? How do you know that the opposition rebels are not the ones who launched this attack?
It always stuns me how people here in the West call politicians liars and incompetent, yet do a staggering 180 degree turn when it comes to them asserting something around international policy.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:45 AM
bUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
How do you know the West is telling the truth on this?
How do you know they're not? You have to go with the best information available, which means in this case top secret information, in the hands of the people who we've designated to have access to such data.

Quote:
It always stuns me how people here in the West call politicians liars and incompetent
When did I do that? It seems like you're having some argument with someone else, but directing the replies to me. Find the people who you're really upset with and leave me out of it.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,990,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
How do you know they're not? You have to go with the best information available, which means in this case top secret information, in the hands of the people who we've designated to have access to such data.

When did I do that? It seems like you're having some argument with someone else, but directing the replies to me. Find the people who you're really upset with and leave me out of it.
If you want out, then by all means go.
The track record of the U.S. government is terrible when it comes to truth telling. Go ahead and naively believe them now.
P.S. - Odd that Al-Qaeda was the enemy for so long, yet now Obama supports them as Syria's opposition.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:30 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,400,833 times
Quote:
P.S. - Odd that Al-Qaeda was the enemy for so long, yet now Obama supports them as Syria's opposition.
Not so odd actually. We have known since 2008 that Obama likes to "pal around with terrorists." He made that very evident when he negotiated our surrender to the Taliban in Afghanistan, his involvement in aiding al Qaeda in Libya, supporting the murderer of Ambassador Stevens, his staunch support of the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist organization in Egypt, and now his support of al Qaeda in Syria.

In absolutely every case Obama has been on the wrong side, and we knew that would be the case before he was ever elected to office.

Old 09-13-2013, 02:55 AM
bUU

Quote:
Quote:
Find the people who you're really upset with and leave me out of it.
If you want out, then by all means go.
Third base.

Ice cream has no bones.

The quick brown foxes jumped over the lazy dogs.

Quote:
The track record of the U.S. government is terrible when it comes to truth telling.
The track record of random posters online when it comes to truth telling is far worse.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,154,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoD Guy View Post
I'm sure the dim warmongers will shortly chime in with their logic...
Its not so much about Syria as it is about the world wide proliferation of Chemical weapons,Seems the USA is the only country with the strength of moral conviction to stand up to this heinous form of warfare and do something about halting Chemical weapons becoming the norm in global conflict.

Old 09-13-2013, 03:30 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,400,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its not so much about Syria as it is about the world wide proliferation of Chemical weapons,Seems the USA is the only country with the strength of moral conviction to stand up to this heinous form of warfare and do something about halting Chemical weapons becoming the norm in global conflict.
Today chemical weapons can be manufactured by just about anyone. It is no longer the exclusive realm of governments to wage chemical weapon attacks. The 1995 Sarin gas attacks in Japan demonstrated that much.

Sarin gas attack on the Tokyo subway - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It would be wise to first determine who is responsible for the gas attacks in Syria before imposing our "moral conviction to stand up to this heinous form of warfare". Thus far all the evidence is pointing at the side Obama wants to support as being the culprit of these attacks. What does that say about our "moral conviction" when we support the wrong side?

Old 09-13-2013, 03:37 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Default Syria represents Russia

Syria is but one means that Russia has of testing the boundaries of American foreign policy (in this case as it pertains to the use of chemical weapons), gauging American resolve, evaluating the willingness of America to use military force, and determining under what circumstances that force will be used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.