Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 02:23 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I guess Pearl Harbor wasnt an act of war then.

Just a precision air strike with no boots on the ground. Thats all.
I was about to post something on that.

Isn't it funny when we want to do it then we redefine it so it doesn't sound so bad.
This is PC at work folks.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:24 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,140,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well we will have to check with Kerry/Obama first it seems nowdays. Just like bubba didn't know the definition of sex and needed it clarified.
Give bubba a break, he just forgot the best way to deal with the self-Righteous is to simply say: "Well, I don't remember"

Old 09-05-2013, 02:25 PM

17,348 posts, read 9,176,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.smith904 View Post
I guess Pearl Harbor wasnt an act of war then.

Just a precision air strike with no boots on the ground. Thats all.
Exactly what I was thinking of. Why didn't any of the CongressCritters think to get John to clarify.

Secretary Kerry, are you just talking about strike from the air on ground targets? Military targets like runways, planes, military equipment?
(John say absolutely correct)

Secretary Kerry - Would you say that the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor against planes, ships & military equipment ..... was NOT an act of war?
(John says you are a meanie, we are not talking about Pearl Harbor AND it was so long ago.)

Old 09-05-2013, 02:26 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,783,029 times
We didn't go to war with Libya, we just through bombs in there... what we did was mercy, not war... I have a hard time understanding why other countries don't want our mercy... I mean mercy is good, right?

Old 09-05-2013, 02:27 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,448,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
SEC. KERRY: “Senator . . . The president is not asking you to go to war . . . He’s simply saying we need to take an action that can degrade the capacity of a man who’s been willing to kill his own people . . . That’s not — I don’t — you know, I just don’t consider that going to war in the classic sense of coming to Congress and asking for a declaration of war and training troops and sending people abroad and putting young Americans in harm’s way. That’s not what the president is asking for here.”

Ummmm ok John. The question still remains will you try and defund they young American's in harms way before or after you send them there?
Then I guess Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor wasn't an act of war either. They were just trying to degrade our naval capacity.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:30 PM

702 posts, read 724,629 times
I used to think of Obama as a man of peace. An honest man with a true heart and a fear of God. That went away the day he flew to Lybia and shot those poor Americans in cold blood. When I heard about Benghazi on the news I couldn't stop shaking. How could something like that happen in the world? How could the President of the United States mercilessly murder those four innocent people? It broke me down to the core of my being.

Ever since Benghazi I haven't been able to sleep or eat. I take 5 perscription medications daily to calm my shattered nerves. I haven't told my children about Benghazi yet. I don't know how. How do you tell teenagers that there is such cruelty in the world? I would rather them be happy like I was before Benghazi.

Will the world ever be the same after Benghazi? I really don't think it will. One day once all of us who have lived through the horror of Benghazi have come and gone maybe the world can begin to heal. Maybe then will we, as human beings in this global society, be able to create new memories. Postitive memories. Memories that will help us move past the Obama Benghazi Massacre.

Time will tell.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:34 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,810,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Barack left over 40 Americans in Bengazi to die. It is a relevant point to ask if he plans to do the same in Syria.
Wait a second what do you even mean? Republicans were hell bent on leading the libyan invasion and picking up the pieces when ghadaffi was gone. Also republicans along with democrats wanted to arm the rebels who were without question al qaeda and or aligned with al qaeda.

The rebels in Libya were terrorist, the rebels in Syria ARE Terrorist. obviously who has the backing of al qaeda and the muslim brotherhood/ arab league. The rebels know that the US will side with rebel activity in disguise as a democracy uprising

Libya Was ran by a secular government
Syria is ran by a secular government John Kerry claims rebels are secular, but that doesnt make sense they are fighting christians in Syria and are backed by al qaeda who are sunni muslims

Al-Qaeda-linked Syrian rebels fight army near Christian village | Fox News

Last edited by city414; 09-05-2013 at 02:54 PM..

Old 09-05-2013, 02:38 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,756,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
I'm not sure, but I remember reading a while back that the Heinz Corp. supplies the Army with Meals Ready to Eat ...MRE's...
Also known within the ranks as "three lies for the price of one".

Old 09-05-2013, 02:52 PM

893 posts, read 1,203,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Then I guess Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor wasn't an act of war either. They were just trying to degrade our naval capacity.
I'm just going to post this in as many Syria threads as possible until everyone understands it's the same thing.

Old 09-05-2013, 02:58 PM

10,582 posts, read 9,756,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
I'm just going to post this in as many Syria threads as possible until everyone understands it's the same thing.
Just get the artist to spell "Harbor" correctly.

For the few of us who are not British subjects.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies