Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 04:25 AM

577 posts, read 512,390 times

Advertisements

Interesting how much division there is on the issue over Syria. Was suprised to see O'Reilly back Obama.

Bill O'Reilly Urges Left and Right to Back Syria Strike | Mediaite
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 04:39 AM

545 posts, read 451,774 times
don't care for that show.

Last edited by macpherson; 09-06-2013 at 05:04 AM..

Old 09-06-2013, 06:23 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macpherson View Post
don't care for that show.
what does that have to do with his views? I don't think the OP is interested in who does and doesn't like a show, more on the surprise about who is and isn't supporting Obama.

OP, I think this just shows how split the country is on this. No matter what happens it is a lose, lose situation in my opinion. I can see supporting our Pres to show we are united behind him: I understand the humanitarian side of the issue, but I also think we need to start staying out of the civil wars and conflicts in the mid east unless they directly affect us and this does not. Add to this, first the President isn't going to get involved, then he is going to go it on his own, then he is waiting for congress to get back in session, then he will go in even if congress says no. Now, he has given Syria all the time they need. Of course he tells us it will be a week long war, but how do any of us or the world know this? He has told some pretty wild stories in the past and nothing is his fault. He has really blown this one, big time: please, next time we elect a President, let's hope he/she has some foreign affairs knowledge or gets people around him/ her who does. I am wondering how many time he had even been out of the country other than living in Kenya as a child, before he became President.

Old 09-06-2013, 06:24 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,735,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctk0p7 View Post
Interesting how much division there is on the issue over Syria. Was suprised to see O'Reilly back Obama.

Big Surprise the Neocons are joined at the hip.

All Hail the Bush Doctrine!

Old 09-06-2013, 07:37 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:

O'Reillys rationale on this amazes me. He IS backing a strike, and for, it seems to me, purely emotional reasons. He has been talking over the top of every guest who disagrees with him too.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
What's interesting is the majority of Bill's guests have been squarely against his position, both liberal and conservative alike.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
What's interesting is the majority of Bill's guests have been squarely against his position, both liberal and conservative alike.
Like Bill or not, this shows a certain amount of character in my book: he believes in something and will not back down. Do I particularly like O'Reilly? No and do I agree with him on this? Not necessarily, but I do give credit to him for taking an unpopular stand that his guests disagree with and not backing down. Let's face it, there are some on here that dislike him or dislike conservatives so much, your minds are closed and nothing they can do will change how you feel. They can agree with the President, they are wrong, they can disagree and they are Obama haters!!

Old 09-06-2013, 07:49 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Like Bill or not, this shows a certain amount of character in my book: he believes in something and will not back down. Do I particularly like O'Reilly? No and do I agree with him on this? Not necessarily, but I do give credit to him for taking an unpopular stand that his guests disagree with and not backing down. Let's face it, there are some on here that dislike him or dislike conservatives so much, your minds are closed and nothing they can do will change how you feel. They can agree with the President, they are wrong, they can disagree and they are Obama haters!!
Can't argue with you on this. What's interesting is the usual Obama cheering squad like Colmes and Powers as well as others are on the Nay team. The one thing that needs to be addressed is those that are in agreement with Obama just because he might be embarrassed if he does nothing. Some of these people have admitted as much basically saying "we've got your back so we'll say yes".

This is important people so it's time to drop the who's making the call and look at what's being done in your name. Is it right or is it wrong irrespective of who's making the decision?

Old 09-06-2013, 07:52 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Easy to beat war drums when you're not going to do the fighting.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:

I support it too. I don't think O'Reilly would not support something just because the president is a Democrat. If you agree you agree. I wish more people would be that way. This country is full of people who can't form their own opinion but have to follow the masses, a certain party, friends or family.
How about thinking for yourself. What do you think?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies