Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 08:31 AM

215 posts, read 297,394 times

Advertisements

President Obama is our savior. Unfortunately, those people who vote against him just can't see the bright aura shining around him. He has a beautiful wife in Michelle. I have never seen a more stylish, classy, physically fit, and glamorous woman than Michelle Obama. And I loved her bangs! I love any way she styles her hair, and I make sure to follow those updates with her new hairstyles on Twitter.

President Obama deserved to be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for doing absolutely nothing because he is Obama. His grades at Harvard Law don't matter because he was elected by his peers to be the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. That accomplishment alone means he could coast for the rest of his career while doing absolutely nothing. He was destined after that to become the first black President of the United States. No one except lawyers from Harvard and Yale are qualified to run this country. That is a well known fact.

President Obama is the one who killed Osama Bin Laden, not the brave Navy Seals team. Of course, while Obama accepts full credit for that success, he is justified in not accepting any responsibility for Syria. That of course is former President Bush's fault, and now Congress will be at fault, as well, but not Obama.

Former and deceased President Reagan is really the one to blame for our present economy, not Obama. Reaganomics and trickle down economics were set in place in the 1980s, so of course, Obama is completely powerless to lead any improvements in the economy. And Congress is obstructionist! Congress hates Obama so much! They refuse to pass any of his jobs bills. Obama is simply not responsible for the economy.

The FAVORITE thing I just greatly admire and respect about President Obama is how eloquently he looks into the camera and speaks to the American people while reading from a teleprompter. Sure, he might mutter "Um" and "Uh" throughout his responses at least every other word, but that's okay. He stays on message, and he is a communicator the American people can trust and believe.

I love Obama!

Old 09-07-2013, 08:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,936,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuitarGuy View Post
He seems like a good family man
Guess when your spending others money who couldn't be a good family man! Trips every 5 weeks, golfing 5 days a week, entertaining celebs 5 days a week....... what a life for a family man!

Old 09-07-2013, 08:39 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Talking Obama: POTUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
which has been the more effective leading method? blaming bush, or blaming bush?

Which has been the more effective trolling method: deflecting from Bush's horrible foul-ups or placing the blame on his successor?

Whatever helps you get through the night. Admitting you're on the wrong side of history probably isn't easy to do. Layers of denial might be your only way forward.

Live long and prosper.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:01 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
He seems thoughtful and reasoned. He has driven the Republicans to the brink of disaster for the length of his Presidency.
Correction: He has driven the COUNTRY to the brink of disaster.

There. I fixed it for you.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:05 AM

The country was truly on the brink of disaster in January, 2009.

We're in better shape today.

Thank you, Mr President.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:05 AM

215 posts, read 297,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So I am to understand that social values trump the general well being of working, middle and even poverty class Americans? When the welfare checks start bouncing because the country is upside down on it's debt, all the gay marriage in the world won't fix the problems every American will suddenly face.
I forgot to add my other compliment for President Obama.

His support for gay marriage is a boost to our nation's economy.

Gay marriage will lead to a booming and thriving "same sex wedding planning" industry. Seriously, just think of the "Say Yes to the Dress: Gay Marriage" spin-off show on TLC or "Four Gay Weddings" and a BRAVO tv show about "Top Gay Wedding Planner."

And all of those closeted gays who are now married and living a straight life can come out of the closet and get divorced and finally marry the guy or gal of their choosing. That's good for divorce attorneys.

Imagine the boom to the housing market in urban areas that need the gentrification when two gay married men with their double incomes (compared to a married man and woman, where the woman still only makes 70% of what a man makes in the same job), start purchasing and remodeling and redecorating those old Victorian homes. Gays love old Victorian homes.

Obama's support of gay marriage is THE civil rights issue of our generation. I love Obama!

Old 09-07-2013, 09:08 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_Q View Post

Gay marriage will lead to a booming and thriving "same sex wedding planning" industry. Seriously, just think of the "Say Yes to the Dress: Gay Marriage" spin-off show on TLC or "Four Gay Weddings" and a BRAVO tv show about "Top Gay Wedding Planner."

And all of those closeted gays who are now married and living a straight life can come out of the closet and get divorced and finally marry the guy or gal of their choosing. That's good for divorce attorneys.

Imagine the boom to the housing market in urban areas that need the gentrification when two gay married men with their double incomes (compared to a married man and woman, where the woman still only makes 70% of what a man makes in the same job), start purchasing and remodeling and redecorating those old Victorian homes. Gays love old Victorian homes.

Obama's support of gay marriage is THE civil rights issue of our generation. I love Obama!
I can't stop laughing. Oh thank you so much for this....

Old 09-07-2013, 09:10 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curly_Q View Post

You have a career in comedy waiting for you -- both of your posts were comedy GOLD!

Old 09-07-2013, 09:12 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,858,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
The country was truly on the brink of disaster in January, 2009.

We're in better shape today.

Thank you, Mr President.

" I'll take 'Ignorance is Bliss' for $1000, Alex."

Old 09-07-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
" I'll take 'Ignorance is Bliss' for $1000, Alex."
Of course you will.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies