Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 03:44 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
No.
Of course not.

You and your ilk are scared to death of the responsibility which comes from true freedom and liberty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 06:56 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,725,848 times
Same thing they did to Gibson guitar. They showed up with automatic weapons and swat team gear and scared those poor factory workers to death.
Fender had the same wood problem, but its owner gave a campaign donation to Obama. Gibson gave money to Republican causes.
Wonder if the owner(s) of those mines give political donations?

Old 09-07-2013, 07:56 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,945,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
You know the EPA existed before Obama took office right? I mean saying that it is Obama's EPA is sort of childish. Also, perhaps you'd prefer to have your weekend of fishing look like this...

220,000 pounds of poisoned dead fish scooped up in pollution-plagued China - CBS News

Essentially, you made a post whining that the EPA showed up over-prepared for what they were doing. I don't get why it's noteworthy. I don't know much of anything about how they operated, but I'm guessing that they've probably run into trouble in the past somewhere. Either way, who really cares.
Problem is, this administration has empowered the EPA with executive order at the objection of the states and without congressional approval. While the EPA has always been a group of activist thugs using government as its justification for action, Obama has actively pursued increasing their power in this issue.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:00 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,440,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
It doesn't take much to find people who have brutal and antagonistic views toward abiding by federal law, and have made thinly veiled insinuations about their willingness to use violence against authorities that seek to establish their violations and/or take action to remedy such situations. And that's just here on C-D. The assumption that there are people, on the ground, in Alaska, including those keeping their mouths shut (fingers still) about their antipathy and penchant to use violence to try to avoid compliance, is quite rational - very very sound prudence.
Nobody was avoiding compliance, nor was anyone charged with a crime. As I already pointed out, these kinds of compliance inspections are routinely carried out by the State. However, they never before involved a squad of federal goons in body-armor to ensure compliance with the Clean Water Act. The obvious intent was to incite violence.

Quote:
Just from what you're saying, I see an implication that state officials are corrupt.
Of course you do, considering Obama is your messiah and can do no wrong.

Quote:
I bet you didn't intend to imply that, but you did, because there is no other rational explanation for the difference in regard the miners pay toward state officials versus federal officials.
When the EPA has to deliberately lie in order to justify their heavy-handed tactics it can only mean that there is no rational explanation.

Quote:
Keep in mind that the EPA had found violations at Fortymile River for twelve quarters in a row from 04/09-05/12 (the latest periods for which violations are published, so far). Neighboring areas have a similar record of consistent violations, quarter after quarter after quarter. This is not an area where people have a long history of abiding by the law.
It is not surprising that you cannot provide sources to your ridiculous claims. Nor is there any reference of violation from the EPA Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance. If there were violations, why was no one cited or arrested? I naturally expect such blatant lies from Obamabots who apparently get off on federal Gestapo tactics.

Quote:
And, by the way, assumptions that federal officials will find violations that aren't there, or that the federal officials should be willing to take bribes to look the other way, are "completely irrational and over the top".
You are the only one making those assumptions, not I. What part of "nobody was cited or arrested for violations" were you not able to comprehend?

Quote:
Please post a video of the EPA official stating this, rather than just referring to it in a second- or third-hand report.
The EPA could make that statement in person to your face, and you still would not believe it was said. Such are the delusions of the anti-American Obama messiah worshipers.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Same thing they did to Gibson guitar. They showed up with automatic weapons and swat team gear and scared those poor factory workers to death.
Fender had the same wood problem, but its owner gave a campaign donation to Obama. Gibson gave money to Republican causes.
Wonder if the owner(s) of those mines give political donations?
Very true, and that is a good point about the political affiliations of these miners. We all know Obama likes to target his political enemies with NSA and IRS harassment tactics. Alaska did not vote for Obama (which is why Obama denied Alaska FEMA aid when a Category I typhoon hit south central Alaska last September), but I am not certain of the political affiliation of these miners. I would be willing to wager than none voted for Obama.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:08 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
The EPA answers to the President. In case you had not noticed Obama is currently the President. Had this occurred while Bush was President, they would be Bush's EPA. Get a clue.

What part of the EPA deliberately lied in order to provoke a conflict are you not able to comprehend?

Next time there will be a lot of dead EPA, FBI, and National Guard members, since that is what you obviously prefer. Typical Obamabot apologist.
That is an absolutely naive answer. To believe that every governmental decision is reviewed and OK'ed by the President personally is laughable.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
That is an absolutely naive answer. To believe that every governmental decision is reviewed and OK'ed by the President personally is laughable.
It is the President that issued these Gestapo tactic orders via Executive Order. The EPA, NSA, FBI, IRS, etc., etc., are merely complying with the fascist tyrant in power.

These gold placer mines have been in operation since the 1980s, some even earlier. These compliance inspections are routine. Why was it suddenly necessary to send a squad of federal goons in body-armor merely to check for compliance? Why did the EPA deliberately lie claiming this extremely remote area was rampant with drug and human trafficking?

Old 09-07-2013, 08:21 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,903,542 times
Illegal gold mining causes a huge amount of environmental damage around the world.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Illegal gold mining causes a huge amount of environmental damage around the world.
Yet another Obamabot that cannot seem to comprehend that no one was cited or arrested for violating the Clean Water Act.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:43 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,965,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remoddahouse View Post
You know the EPA existed before Obama took office right? I mean saying that it is Obama's EPA is sort of childish. Also, perhaps you'd prefer to have your weekend of fishing look like this...

220,000 pounds of poisoned dead fish scooped up in pollution-plagued China - CBS News

Essentially, you made a post whining that the EPA showed up over-prepared for what they were doing. I don't get why it's noteworthy. I don't know much of anything about how they operated, but I'm guessing that they've probably run into trouble in the past somewhere. Either way, who really cares.
There is nothing so stupid that you won't come running over and defend it at the top of your lungs.

No, it was a post complaining that the EPA is treating the people like they are an enemy, one they have to take up arms against.

And you defend it.

It seems there is NOTHING the government does that you don't fall down in awe and worship, no matter how incorrigibly stupid.

As for the EPA existing? Oh, yes. And it's heavy handed and sublimely absurd behavior has been the target of conservatives for decades. And yes, it is Obama's EPA, since becoming president he has appointed administrators who have turned it into a partisan political weapon. Previous administrators have been inept and often incompetent. He specifically chose one who was dishonest, deceptive, and willing to turn it into a political arm of the party.

So, yes, this is HIS fault, because it is the outcome HE WANTS.

BTW, this is the "chicago thug politics" model of government Obama cut his teeth on, and became embedded in. This is what "fundamentally transform" meant. We warned you, but all you could see was someone willing to steal to give you things and hurt people you disagree with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies