Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 07:53 AM

47 posts, read 64,831 times

Advertisements

I don't think people who identify as gay, understand how fluid sexuality really is. There are many instances for example of some women identifying as ardent "lesbians," during their youth, only to discover at a later stage that they want to be with a man in a long term relationship or marriage.

If sexuality wasn't fluid, such occurrences would never take place.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:04 AM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times
Sure. Sexuality is a spectrum. Some people could never countenance sleeping with a member of their same gender; others could never sleep with a member of the opposite sex.

Most people probably fall somewhere in between.

Does this mean homosexuals don't exist for some reason?

Old 09-07-2013, 08:07 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Is anyone arguing this point?

Old 09-07-2013, 08:19 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn_Leaves12345 View Post
I don't think people who identify as gay, understand how fluid sexuality really is. There are many instances for example of some women identifying as ardent "lesbians," during their youth, only to discover at a later stage that they want to be with a man in a long term relationship or marriage.

tell that to my my girlfriends brother. Kid was 13 years old and already out. Walked, talked, and acted like a girl from the day he was born and still does to this day. There are people as you've described and there are people like him. Sexuality is not white and black. there are many shades of grey.

My biggest dog in this fight has always been, even if people did choose their sexuality, why does it matter if someone enjoys same sex relationships? If it doesn't affect you, than why do you care?

Could it possibly be this

Street fighter religion - YouTube

Old 09-07-2013, 08:20 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Quote:

You do understand that "gay" is a political term of identity and is in no way has any meaning in the Human Sexuality spectrum?

Your confusion comes in conflating terms of sexual identity with sex and gender identity.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:51 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
There have been homosexual activities documented in 1,500 species.

Only one species has been observed to be homophobic.

Fear is a terrible thing. Especially since there's nothing to be afraid of. We do not choose our sexual orientations. We are created by God with sexual orientation as a part of our temperaments. To deny our temperament would be to go against the Will of God.
sexual orientation is most likely encoded in our DNA. It has nothing to do with "GOD."

Old 09-07-2013, 08:52 AM

I'm trying to figure out how a lesbian could marry a man and remain monogamous. If she is truly a lesbian, wouldn't she not be interested in having sex with a man?

BTW, I don't believe that many people who identify as homosexual, are actually homosexual.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:57 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
I'm trying to figure out how a lesbian could marry a man and remain monogamous. If she is truly a lesbian, wouldn't she not be interested in having sex with a man?

BTW, I don't believe that many people who identify as homosexual, are actually homosexual.
Maybe they are bi-sexual, and self identify as lesbian for some reason.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Maybe they are bi-sexual, and self identify as lesbian for some reason.
But why would someone say that they are a lesbian, if they are not. I am specifically referring to the NYC mayoral candidate Bill di Blasio's wife. She penned a statement in a magazine explicitly stating that she "is a lesbian." She wrote the story 26 or so years ago, but shortly after writing the article, met her husband and has stated that she fell in love with him, not "men." She has also stated that she has been 100% monogamous, while being married for 19 years.

This is confusing to me, because why would someone come out as a lesbian, especially during the early 90s when such a thing could cost a person their job, friends and family. I have to take her at her word, but I don't understand how a lesbian could remain married and monogamous to a man, if she is in fact a lesbian.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
But why would someone say that they are a lesbian, if they are not. I am specifically referring to the NYC mayoral candidate Bill di Blasio's wife. She penned a statement in a magazine explicitly stating that she "is a lesbian." She wrote the story 26 or so years ago, but shortly after writing the article, met her husband and has stated that she fell in love with him, not "men." She has also stated that she has been 100% monogamous, while being married for 19 years.

This is confusing to me, because why would someone come out as a lesbian, especially during the early 90s when such a thing could cost a person their job, friends and family. I have to take her at her word, but I don't understand how a lesbian could remain married and monogamous to a man, if she is in fact a lesbian.
It seems to me that she told "you" exactly how.
She fell in love with someone who happens to be male. They have built a family together and seem happy.
Why ask why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies