Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It will be easy for criminals to get guns no matter what you pass, because guess what? Criminals have no regard for the law, by their very nature. All you do by passing more laws is make it more difficult for Peaceable citizens to get guns.

Think of it like this...... If I lived in D.C. How hard is it for me to get a gun the legal way? I believe there are 7 or more steps you have to take and at least a 4 month waiting period.

Now if I'm a criminal and don't do it legaly, how long would it take? Well, probably about as long as it takes for me to walk out and find a guy who'll sell me one off the street. Maybe an Hour?

Gun control doesn't work.
That is correct. Some years ago for a year I moved to up state NY with hand guns I had owned for at least 3 decades. Fearing NY BS LAW I had heard of, I called from a pay phone in another town to see about the issue.

The first thing i was told was I had to surrender my guns and it would take no less than 9 months to get them back if i was issued any permits.

I said thanks and hung up the phone. To HELL with that. I am not going to surrender anything to public servants ever.

In NH the cost is 10 dollars and you get the carry permit in a day... I like that system better and i don't need the permit anyway. It's just to carry loaded in a moving vehicle.

I have been known to rub elbows with some bad guys before. So far all of them are armed. Bikers usually know one or 2 bad boys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
The day the 2nd Amendment falls down, We the patriots of America will restore it to its pre infringement status.
I agree with that. Any one who Shall pass a law to break down the 2nd will likely be arrested by We the People and tried for Treason in the closest court of LAW. Later that day they are likely to be intimate with a rope.

This is not a threat, but a warning of what will happen to the likes of Harry Reid if he gets his votes. And WHY there is the 2nd.

Reid: 'We Don't Have the Votes' for Gun Control Bill

The good thing is the grabbers still remember what happened last time they got too big for their britches. The got their bags packed and were sent home. There will be NO votes before mid terms.

Old 09-18-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
Thanks, again I will repost my apology (which was deleted by the moderator) to the OP, for what I said. In 34 out of my 38 years of my driving I've been licensed in two of those states. Its kind of incomprehensible to me, that there are states that actually don't require fingerprinting to get a drivers license.
Then let this be a lesson Oh wise one that you haven't yet lived that long. There is no reason to be treated like a felon to just drive a car.

I have driven stick shift since i was 12...... I will be 62 in a few more weeks, and never once was printed for to just drive a car.

You haven't even seen a silver dime.......

Old 09-18-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
He purchased the shotgun 2 days before the shooting spree, AND PASSED THE REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECK!
Please tell us again how expanded background checks and/or an "assault weapon" ban would have prevented this tragedy?
beats me too....... to be denied you have to have a CRIMINAL Record....... There is no other data and no other data bank I am aware of. You can be fruitcake moon bat crazy and if you are not also convicted of a felony crime will pass the back ground check.

Last time checked there was no law against hearing voices in your head, and if there is, wouldn't that prevent Obama from hold that Office?

if there is going to be a data bank for the mentally ill which is supposed to be a doctor patient private deal in the first place, how will the FEDS get that? How will the FEDS make that public info?

MOST Democrats are insane as it is now? What will Democrats do plead the 5th because they are insane?

I just can't see how this is going to work much less how the Democrats who can't get anything done are going to get anything done to fix the problems they created? The Democrats can ask for water from a rock, but the rock is not going to give up a drop.

The Democrats created these monsters with their leave no child behind policy.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:03 PM

7,138 posts, read 11,029,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
He purchased the shotgun 2 days before the shooting spree, AND PASSED THE REQUIRED BACKGROUND CHECK!
Please tell us again how expanded background checks and/or an "assault weapon" ban would have prevented this tragedy?
An assault weapons ban would keep mass killing weapons out of the hands of mass killers. Which would save lives. A waiting period and a real back ground check would certainly have prevented this tragedy.

Old 09-18-2013, 12:07 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
An assault weapons ban would keep mass killing weapons out of the hands of mass killers. Which would save lives. A waiting period and a real back ground check would certainly have prevented this tragedy.
How many people are killed by "assault weapons" each year compared to other guns?
What exactly is an "assault weapon"?
How many criminals buy their guns legally without a background check currently?

Old 09-18-2013, 12:11 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Will you answerthe questions below honestly ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
How many people are killed by "assault weapons" each year compared to other guns?

Old 09-18-2013, 12:36 PM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Will you answerthe questions below honestly ?
Curious in what the anwer will be...

Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
This "assault weapon" was in the hands of a police officer until he was killed by this criminal, how would you have prevented a dedicated criminal from getting a weapon which is in the hands of a police officer?

Old 09-18-2013, 01:05 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
How many killed by assualt rifles? Zero. To be more precise - I beleive the answer is either one or two in the US in the last 80 years or so.

If he means semi-automatic rifles, they are used in murders much much less than handguns (probably because, ironically, the size of the weapon is a deterent in concealing for criminal usage). I am not sure what the statistic is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies