Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 03:19 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
There is a double standard. Feminists are just closet lesbians who hate men, caused by some unresolved Daddy issues probably.
I say the same thing about men who consistently criticize women, feeling the need to call all women lesbians, especially feminists. I assume these are the men who were shut down by women, have never gotten over it so now must resort to calling women names, much like a small child would do.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:20 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Not all men. Just the white ones.
Boo hooo.... WHAAA!!!! I'm a female and I have it so rough...!!! Whaa!!!

Old 09-08-2013, 03:23 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Feminst = woman who never got asked to a dance as a girl.
Guy who calls women Feminazis = Guy who can't get laid.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Guy who calls women Feminazis = Guy who can't get laid.
So true, so true.

Old 09-08-2013, 03:36 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Explain how ordinary men have had it better than ordinary women.

Please be specific.
The oppression of women by men through out history has been well documented in print, video, and online sources. That you, in 2013, require specific examples of this oppression sends a clear message that it would be a waste of my time to proceed with an intelligent response.

But, just in case: Let me google that for you

Old 09-08-2013, 03:54 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy;31324965[B
]The militant feminists would decry a reinstatement of a coed draft, demanding unfair treatment for being forced to go into combat.[/b]

I always raise an eyebrow to anyone demanding "equal rights" in 2013, when, by and large, the playing field has already been leveled.
Prove it - post a link. Put up or shut up....

Old 09-08-2013, 04:01 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Boo hooo.... WHAAA!!!! I'm a female and I have it so rough...!!! Whaa!!!
If you read carefully, you will notice that the posts are basically written in the past tense.

Thanks to feminists and the women's movement in the 70s the playing field has been pretty much leveled.

Notice, I did not say 100% leveled, but pretty much.

Career women still are not equal to men in the same field, and on top of that, they have to deal with stuff like 'you can't have a career and children'.

I was working for Princeton University back in the early 70s. I was married with one child and became pregnant with my second child. I was told I had to quit my job because it wasn't good for the students to see a pregnant woman!

This was back when PU was an all-male college.

I would bet that some of the teenybopper posters here didn't even know that some universities did not allow women to attend.

LOL

Old 09-08-2013, 04:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
So true, so true.
So true, so true - and yet the man who invented the feminazi term is married.

So I guess it's not so true after all.

It is rather just standard feminist shaming to question the manhood of anyone who doesn't agree with feminism. You see this exact same thing said in virtually every thread about feminism.

First you see the people saying feminists are just lesbians comments, and then you see the men who oppose feminism are just resentful because no woman wants them.

Happens almost every time.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So true, so true - and yet the man who invented the feminazi term is married.

So I guess it's not so true after all.

It is rather just standard feminist shaming to question the manhood of anyone who doesn't agree with feminism. You see this exact same thing said in virtually every thread about feminism.

First you see the people saying feminists are just lesbians comments, and then you see the men who oppose feminism are just resentful because no woman wants them.

Happens almost every time.
Hey, it's not my fault that these poor little man-childs haven't gotten laid in eons.

Old 09-08-2013, 04:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Human beings have evolved for thousands of years. Modern technology has only been around for a short time. In the past the life of a woman was worth more than the life of a man. It's simply biology. The limit on reproduction is women, not men. A community can survive the loss of many more men than it can women because one man can impregnate many women, but each woman can only get pregnant once at a time.

But yes, feminism consistently emphasizes the historical negative aspects of women's lives and the positive aspects of men's lives, and ignores the positive aspect of women's lives and the negative aspect of men's lives. They then develop an ideology of women as eternal victims who deserve special treatment today to make up for it.

They act like every man in history has been a king or a CEO and ignore all the coal miners and conscripted soldiers. They act like every woman in history has been pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen and ignore the fact that women had the right to expect to be supported and protected at all times.
Oh, no it wasn't. When resources were scarce, who got to eat? Who got to go to school? Who got medical care? Women were just vessels for having more males.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't historically only males get drafted to go fight in wars?
Near the end of World War II, due to a shortage of nurses enlisting, President Roosevelt proposed drafting nurses, who at the time were close to 100% female (still >90% today). A bill passed the House of Reps, but stalled in the Senate. Soon after, Germany surrendered and the nurse shortage eased. Some nurses serving in Europe were reassigned to the Pacific, and the bill was dropped.

Women were never really "protected". If their services were needed, the men found a way. When I was a student nurse myself in the late 1960s/early 70s, there were still laws outlawing women working at night. Guess which occupation was exempt? Why nurses, of course, b/c there weren't enough male nurses to staff hospitals at night. It's all convenience, this "protecting"women thing.
http://www.womensmemorial.org/H&C/History/wwii.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
If you read carefully, you will notice that the posts are basically written in the past tense.

Thanks to feminists and the women's movement in the 70s the playing field has been pretty much leveled.

Notice, I did not say 100% leveled, but pretty much.

Career women still are not equal to men in the same field, and on top of that, they have to deal with stuff like 'you can't have a career and children'.

I was working for Princeton University back in the early 70s. I was married with one child and became pregnant with my second child. I was told I had to quit my job because it wasn't good for the students to see a pregnant woman!

This was back when PU was an all-male college.

I would bet that some of the teenybopper posters here didn't even know that some universities did not allow women to attend.

LOL
Caltech did not admit women until 1970.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies