Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 01:40 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times

Advertisements

I find most celebrities annoying.
Don't care about any of their lives or pay any attention to them. They're just regular people.

Old 09-08-2013, 01:42 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,942,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Say no more... Why haven't we elected this man to be president yet? He loves (in more ways than one) minorities, the Handicapped, and animals... Sounds like my type of guy.
Cuz he's dead?

Old 09-08-2013, 01:43 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
You don't think it's just a bit hypocritical to move somewhere so you can pay less in taxes while at the same time campaigning to increase taxes for everyone else? Of course you don't, liberals never acknowledge their hypocrisy.
Take a class on reading comprehension my friend. You have failed again.. Them voting to raise "FEDERAL TAXES" on the rich logically would mean that they're voting to raise taxes on themselves. Next, you've merely asserted that this was true, but that does not in fact make this phenomenon a fact. Next, most of these people have homes in multiple states including California. Also, just because they're actors doesn't mean that they should be obligated to live in California especially when most of them aren't even from California. Last but not least, can we now get back to the OP's question or do you want to come up with another off topic subject to whine about?

You claim they they are dodging state taxes right. The difference in CA state taxes compared to another state tax rate would be only about 1 or 2 percent. Your whole logic is flawed because why would someone dodge a few thousand dollars a year in state taxes while asking for a few million dollars a year tax hike in Federal taxes if in fact their goal is to avoid paying higher taxes... Just like most Republican logic.. It makes absolutely so sense at all.. Acknowledge that!

Last edited by DoniDanko; 09-08-2013 at 02:02 PM..

Old 09-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Cuz he's dead?
Thought we were talking about Ted Nugent??? He isn't dead.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:12 PM

215 posts, read 297,394 times
You must be referring to Washington, D.C., also known as Hollywood for ugly people.

I can't see why a person would spend all that time on an education from Harvard, Princeton, or Yale, simply to become an ugly underpaid actor. They obviously didn't think they could compete on the market in Hollywood, where credentials and education really don't matter.

The worst offending Hollywood liberals are the ones who are second, third, and even fourth generation Hollywood. Their family names are the ONLY reason they were allowed to step foot in front of a camera. And they still have to take their clothes off.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:21 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Leave ol Chuck out of this fight. I loved him in the Ten Commandments, Soylent Green, Omega Man, and Planet of the Apes. He can't hurt anyone anymore...ol bag of bones.

He had interracial Hook ups before they were cool.
He was a very strong supporter of MLK during the equal rights period. In fact, he marched WITH MLK.

But lefties NEVER let facts get in the way.....they would rather support someone like Robert "KKK" Byrd.

Charlton Heston Speaks Out On Civil Rights - YouTube

It is now fifty years since the Dream speech of Martin Luther King Jr. from the steps of the Lincoln memorial. One story you probably haven't heard about it is that of Charlton Heston and MLK.
It may shock the sensibilities of persons raised on particular American narratives to hear that Charlton Heston, the crazy NRA guy, put down his rifle and took his cold dead hands to the capital in August of '63 to hear at firsthand the sacred words we remember this week.

If history were to give us nothing but a copy of Dr. King's famous speech and a picture collage of the participants of that day, we would see an America of profound beauty. With the wide diversity of attendants and the loud call for this nation to live up to its fundamental declarations of equality and brotherhood, it would be easy to foresee the coming triumph of the American idea over the ignorant prejudices anthropomorphized in dogs and fire hoses of Bull Connor and his ilk.
If you were to give a copy of any current reflections of the events of that day to person pictured sitting in the shadow of the Washington Monument on August 28th 1963, they would be shocked to see what a future America looked like. It would be easy to believe that this republic would have a black president half a century forward, but that this bright historic event would be clouded by deeply divided and hostile America would be a more foreign concept to an attendant of King's speech than the button free, micro pocket-computers everyone in America 2013 would be speaking into.

Read more: Articles: Concealing Charlton Heston, Denying MLK
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Old 09-08-2013, 02:30 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,069,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
While I believe everyone has a right to express their opinions, I feel that celebrities tend to express their views irresponsibly. They come across as pretentious and never seem to be informed on issues, but yet they arrogantly believe that they know what's best for the average person. They are also hypocrites, allows filthy rich and do the very things that they claim to be against in movies.

Furthermore, all their views are the same. How often do you hear or see a Conservative celebrity expressing their views openly in Hollywood? Very rarely. But yet you always see celebrities talking about wanting to ban guns or about how great Obama is. This is no coincidence, I've been told by a friend who works in Hollywood that there are a lot of Conservatives and other non super liberal people in Hollywood, but they keep it to themselves for their own careers sake. In Hollywood it's not about talent so much as it is about who you know. It's about whose parties you get invited to, whose circle and name you know, and the only way to get to know those people is to agree with their radical liberalism or stay quiet about it. I have also been told that many celebrities don't really care about liberal causes, they just pretend to because it earns them "celeb cred"with the Hollywood liberal elitist.

Truth is that it's easier for a person in Hollywood to be an openly gay, Godless druggie, **** than it is to be a righteous and moral Christian who remains in the same relationship. A person like Tim Tebow would be attacked in Hollywood while a scum bag like Charlie Sheen is praised.
The problem isn't celebrities talking about their belief system. The problem is the general public paying attention or giving credence to what celebrities believe. I don't care what my plumber thinks about politics. I don't care what a movie star thinks about politics. They both receive a salary for doing a job. End of story.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
The problem isn't celebrities talking about their belief system. The problem is the general public paying attention or giving credence to what celebrities believe. I don't care what my plumber thinks about politics. I don't care what a movie star thinks about politics. They both receive a salary for doing a job. End of story.
I do not think that the public is as stupid as that. Also, there's no proof or evidence that fans blindly follow the political beliefs of celebrities. Even if they did, so what. They have that right and that choice. I don't see where the problem lies.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:44 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Didn't even understand the question obviously, where did I state such a claim? I think there are good (and bad) people on both sides, but liberals have become the loudest and most pushy group of people over the last several years, and these stupidity celebrities are part of the problem.
Then don't listen to them. The end.

Old 09-08-2013, 02:52 PM

52,254 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I find most hollyweird types to be pretty lame, for the most part.......

Some of the stupid stuff they say about "green" issues as they then jetset off in their stretch limo's........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies