Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2013, 08:17 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Why do the pro gun control folks feel that threatened by law abiding citizens who own guns? They act as if owning a gun automatically turns people into a mass murderer of something.
Actually, I think they are threatened by the non law abiding citizens who own guns. I have no problem with guns in your home and on your property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 08:26 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Actually, I think they are threatened by the non law abiding citizens who own guns. I have no problem with guns in your home and on your property.
I have no problem with you exercising your right of freedom of speech in your home or on your property, but not on the Internet. See how that works?

Where do you think someone is most likely going to need to protect themselves, in there bed or at the gas station?

Btw, someone with a concealed carry permit is 7 times less likely to commit a crime than the average person.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:28 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Then why are moms boycotting starbucks? If this is just about being scared of criminals then what sense does it make to limit the size of magazines that criminals are allowed to carry in a firearm that criminals are not allowed carry? Who is that law and other laws aimed at then? Why were the top gun control advocates quoted as saying that they want all guns banned? If you are only feel threatened "by the non law abiding citizens who own guns", then why do you have a problem with law abiding citizens who own guns being to protect themselves away from home?

Old 09-13-2013, 08:39 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Then why are moms boycotting starbucks? If this is just about being scared of criminals then what sense does it make to limit the size of magazines that criminals are allowed to carry in a firearm that criminals are not allowed carry? Who is that law and other laws aimed at then? Why were the top gun control advocates quoted as saying that they want all guns banned? If you are only feel threatened "by the non law abiding citizens who own guns", then why do you have a problem with law abiding citizens who own guns being to protect themselves away from home?

When you are in a public place it's not only you anymore like it would be in your own home. There are other people to consider who could get hurt in the crossfire. And seriously, you have a gun, they have a gun....you have no idea what the outcome will be.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Originally Posted by BentBow
Rove v. Wade, just states that it is Constitutional, because the Constitution, does not give the federal Government the authority to control it.
If the Constitution says they cannot control it, it is then left to the states/people, as the Constitution also dictates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But when States do try and control them, as in Colorado, some gun rights activists say it is their Federal Right under the US Constitution. One or the other, Bent.

Whoa? Strawmaning are you.... Where is the reasoning there???

One is perfectly outlined with in the US Constitution. It even has an amendment that says hands off, or we the people use them on you.

The other is not even touched in the US Constitution. Can you provide me an Amendment clearly outlining abortion.

I didn't think so.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
[/b]

When you are in a public place it's not only you anymore like it would be in your own home. There are other people to consider who could get hurt in the crossfire. And seriously, you have a gun, they have a gun....you have no idea what the outcome will be.
So we should just let the bad guy shoot us while we beg for our lives because of the chance that something bad might happen if I had a gun to protect myself. That makes complete sense.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,209,760 times
Quote:
Why do the pro gun control folks feel that threatened by law abiding citizens who own guns? They act as if owning a gun automatically turns people into a mass murderer of something.
Good question, too bad Ronald Reagan isn't around to answer that question, he passed and supported some of the toughest gun control measures.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
[/b]

So what would the outcome be if they only have a gun and decide to mass murder everyone vs me having a gun too and he's then only focused on me while others have a chance to get away?

Since when does dry wall stop bullets? The things you all say make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Explain to me how you're okay with someone defending themselves at home, but not in public?

Are you okay with police officers carrying a gun in public? If so, why aren't you trying to ban that too, so that the only people with guns are criminals.

Like I said, you do not care whether or not if anything you say makes any sense. All you care about is how you "feel." Defending yourself with a gun at home does not make neighbors, people in cars that are driving by, people jogging down the street, etc any safer. You just "feel" safer because you can not see the evil gun.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Good question, too bad Ronald Reagan isn't around to answer that question, he passed and supported some of the toughest gun control measures.
What does that have to do with anything? I did not ask Ronald Reagan, nor do I agree with him. I did not vote for him. I'm glad that you thought it was a good question though, but too bad that you couldn't follow it up with a good answer....

Old 09-13-2013, 08:57 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
The Hughes Amendment of the Firearm Owners Protection Act we added after the bill was voted on, the Gun Control parasites can only use such sneaky tactics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies