Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not a "leftie". I'm a realist who understands that the 1% controls everything. High-ranking politicians, large business CEOs, and labor union heads rape and rob everything and everyone in sight when the $ starts rolling. You had a good run but sorry that the 1% didn't embrace you like you thought they would...as if you belonged.

Small business owner too, eh?

No surprise there.

You guys can't compete and have an adverse reaction to adapating like I've never seen before.

Went to the Santa Monica Pier yesterday. Gorgeous as usual. Didn't catch cooties from all the folks smoking weed or the homosexuals making out. Didn't go deaf from hearing all the Spanish either.

I'll say hi to the remaining middle-age, white, conservative, GOPers in the state for ya. They're usually hiding in their basement wondering why it isn't 1970 anymore.

Adios mi amigo.
Ridiculous post full of nonsense that isn't based on the truth but instead a spin on the truth meant to divert and is off topic. How is that OWS working out for you by the way?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Only if you count all public employees as "takers" (including EMTs, police, teachers, etc.). That "death spiral" map, which does so, is highly misleading.
How do you figure that those employees above are takers rather than contributors? Or that they are taking more than they are contributing?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Facts have evidence behind them. From the California state budget report...

Seems like you don't care what reality has to say, you just want to believe what you want to believe. It wasn't this huge influx of people who got on public assistance out of the woodwork.

It's not just how much you pay that affects deficits, it's how much you make.

Pretty much how wingnuts operate. I would say that they are wondering why it is no longer the 1950's anymore, or at least the idealized version from Leave it to Beaver or Father Knows Best. Which is always funny because it was a time of high taxes and large social expendatures (NASA, interstate highway system, expansion of social security/medicare).

The thing about the American dream built up in those shows is that it's fiction, it always has been. Even at the time it was criticised for being unrealistic. However, people get rooted in these fictions and are angry when reality doesn't match their expectations...or worse, some not white person gets to live it while they don't.
Remain in denial if you like but California is in the red in 2013 and has been for years now. Wingnuts? Another one that can't discuss anything with civility. What the hell does the 1950's have to do with anything except we were probably in the black back then. I lived during the 50's so just what fiction are you talking about? Jobs were plentiful. Moms could stay at home and care for their kids if they so chose and home ownership was among its highest. Ah, your mention of the white race is a tell all. Now I see where your adversion comes from. Couldn't hide it, could you?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not a "leftie". I'm a realist who understands that the 1% controls everything. High-ranking politicians, large business CEOs, and labor union heads rape and rob everything and everyone in sight when the $ starts rolling. You had a good run but sorry that the 1% didn't embrace you like you thought they would...as if you belonged.

Small business owner too, eh?

No surprise there.

You guys can't compete and have an adverse reaction to adapating like I've never seen before.

Went to the Santa Monica Pier yesterday. Gorgeous as usual. Didn't catch cooties from all the folks smoking weed or the homosexuals making out. Didn't go deaf from hearing all the Spanish either.

I'll say hi to the remaining middle-age, white, conservative, GOPers in the state for ya. They're usually hiding in their basement wondering why it isn't 1970 anymore.

Adios mi amigo.
This is why people like you are despised. You are wrong on all counts but let your foolishness guide you. Meanwhile, welcome to ignore; you're a waste of bandwidth.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:33 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,071,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is one reason why I'm voting with my feet

Yeah, we do get a lot of people from other states...

Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM

6,795 posts, read 7,285,342 times
And you wonder why I support people needing to pass a qualification test to vote....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies