Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 01:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
Aside from FDR, which president had as a severe economic crisis start over a year before coming into office?
Every President since the beginning of the nation has delt with economic cycles which have been taking place for thousands of years.

Do you think Obama is special, or do you not understand basic economics? We should be reaching the high point of the economic cycle, ready to enter a recession again.

Tell me what other President has prolonged a recession like Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 01:17 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Every President since the beginning of the nation has delt with economic cycles which have been taking place for thousands of years.

Do you think Obama is special, or do you not understand basic economics? We should be reaching the high point of the economic cycle, ready to enter a recession again.

Tell me what other President has prolonged a recession like Obama
So long answer.... none. You do realize this wasn't just any economic crisis and that trillions of dollars of private assets were lost?

As for the Great Recession, the recovery was up and down until World War 2.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
So long answer.... none. You do realize this wasn't just any economic crisis and that trillions of dollars were of private assets were lost?
The economy stopped collapsing before Obama spent a DIME..

Is this the latest left wing excuse for failure? That money was lost, (which actually happens during every recession, dah, thats why its a recession), and thus because money was lost, money cant be made and the economy cant improve? Then why the fk are we spending TRILLIONS more than we have?

FAIL!!!
Quote:
As for the Great Recession, the recovery was up and down until World War 2.
Yep, and Obama is doing the EXACT same dam thing, draining the economy of money so it can be pumped back in, thereby reducing any economic growth because the private sector has even less money than you JUST moaned about in the previous paragraph. Thats pretty dumb. Tell me, why exactly are you expecting something different as a result of the same policies?

Old 09-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
The economy stopped collapsing before Obama spent a DIME..
Okay..... so it reached it's lowest before Obama spent a dime? What's your point?

Quote:
Is this the latest left wing excuse for failure? That money was lost, (which actually happens during every recession, dah, thats why its a recession), and thus because money was lost, money cant be made?
Of course it happens during every recession. Who is arguing otherwise? Besides you clearly trying to dance around the issue at hand...

How much money was loss compared to the last recession? Let's start there.

Quote:
FAIL!!!

I'm sorry, but assuming all recessions are the same is just plain DUMB. You can't even admit this was an especially severe recession and resulting downturn since it makes Obama's challenges that much greater.

Quote:
Yep, and Obama is doing the EXACT same dam thing, draining the economy of money so it can be pumped back in.. Why exactly are you expecting something different as a result?
Whose money?

I maybe only 27, but I'm glad I started investing when the market was at its lowest. Buy low and sell high I hear....

The real question you need to be asking..... is why the money isn't trickling down in the form of jobs because they sure as hell got profits to invest......

Old 09-12-2013, 01:29 PM

Lets see if I can summarize this new left wing argument as to why the economy isnt improving..

Now the argument has turned into, the people lost trillions of dollars in private assets, so if we take even trillions more out of the economy and give it to the government, while devaluing the dollar by printing more, that somehow, people will spend more, even though they have less than they had before.

yes folks, its as stupid as it sounds...

Old 09-12-2013, 01:32 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,458,699 times
Quote:
Lets see if I can summarize this new left wing argument as to why the economy isnt improving..

Now the argument has turned into, the people lost trillions of dollars in private assets, so if we take even trillions more out of the economy and give it to the government, while devaluing the dollar by printing more, that somehow, people will spend more, even though they have less than they had before.

That's the twisted logic in a nutshell! :thumbup:

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 09-12-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Okay..... so it reached it's lowest before Obama spent a dime? What's your point?
That the trillions were lost BEFORE Obama did anything, so claiming that it was lost, and thats why Obama needs to take more money from them, causing them to spend more, is one of the dumbest economic theories I've heard in my entire life.

Where did you learn this crap from?
Quote:
Of course it happens during every recession. Who is arguing otherwise? Besides you clearly trying to dance around the issue at hand...
So what you're saying is that when I said Obama is facing the same dam problem that every President before him faced, that your arguing with me, even though i was correct?
Quote:
How much money was loss compared to the last recession? Let's start there.
Money doesnt disappear.. Do you think people put it in their fireplace and burned it?
Quote:
I'm sorry, but assuming all recessions are the same is just plain DUMB. You can't even admit this was an especially severe recession and resulting downturn since it makes Obama's challenges that much greater.
I didnt come close to suggesting that all recessions are the same, but economic theories dont change, neither do cycles. I have yet to hear this economic theory that if you take more money out of the economy, which is what took place, somehow causes people to spend more, thus you expect the economy to improve.

Where did you learn this **** from?
Quote:
Whose money?.
What? Obama spends the taxpayers money, how the hell can you be on a political forum and not know basic 101 of where the government gets money from
Quote:
I maybe only 27, but I'm glad I started investing when the market was at its lowest. Buy low and sell high I hear....

The real question you need to be asking..... is why the money isn't trickling down in the form of jobs because they sure as hell got profits to invest......
Why the hell would companies spend money if there isnt a demand for their products? Thats a new economic theory I've never heard of before either..

Old 09-12-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:

I'm part of the pragmatic party, the world isn't black and white.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:38 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
They've been predicting the same things for years now and NONE of it happened except stagnation.
That may be true in your head, but nowhere else.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:39 PM

Quote:
I'm part of the pragmatic party, the world isn't black and white.
And government spending cant come close to stimulating if the private sector isnt going along for the ride because you took it from them. Anyone who knows a dam thing about economics knows that you cant spend the same $1 twice and if you give money to the government to spend, instead of you spending it, that the same $1 is spent and it doesnt increase the economic effects.

I'm waiting for you to show me these economic theories that government spending $1 is a > stimulation than you spending $1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies