Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 03:31 PM

702 posts, read 726,810 times

Advertisements

In all seriousness, I am as liberal as they come but I am also pro-firearm rights. I don't see why a blind person shouldn't be permitted to own a firearm. It doesn't make much sense if you think about it especially if they are completely blind but it is their right, is it not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 03:33 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
In all seriousness, I am as liberal as they come but I am also pro-firearm rights. I don't see why a blind person shouldn't be permitted to own a firearm. It doesn't make much sense if you think about it especially if they are completely blind but it is their right, is it not?
The gun-rights-haters are insisting that a blind person is autmatically NOT smart enough to refrain from shooting something he can't see.

They always assume abject stupidity on the part of the people they want to control.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:34 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
That's an interesting tactic. Try staying on topic.

Again, is there any reason you keep insisting on substituting your own judgement for his? Especially when he has a lot more experience with limited vision than you do?
So you can't answer the question in other words. Thanks for wasting my time.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:35 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
One is a right and the other is a privilege. Hint: driving isn't a right.

Maybe we should bring back IQ tests for voting. Don't want dumb people electing presidents.
I really couldn't care less. You people are so blind in your gun fervor that you can't even think logically.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:56 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I really couldn't care less. You people are so blind in your gun fervor that you can't even think logically.
You people are so blind in your wanting to control the lives of everyone around you that you cannot even think logically.

If I was to become legally blind tomorrow due to a medical condition should all of the gun I own be confiscated by the government? How about this headline "man with tragic disability gets his door busted in by SWAT because of ww1 rifle collection" all because you are so scared of something that you don't even understand.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:56 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
I am totally blind and have many friends whom are merely legally blind and I do not think that those with corrected vision(eyeglasses) that is STILL legally blind should not own nor fire firearms.

I was in the Army and was an expert shot (never missed with either an M-16 or a sidearm) and qualified every time with a shotgun) and I KNOW that it is unsafe for me to fire a weapon.

I am extremely outspoken in my opinions regarding the rights of the disabled (am also in a wheelchair) but there are limits to what I can physically do.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:59 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
I am totally blind and have many friends whom are merely legally blind and I do not think that those with corrected vision(eyeglasses) that is STILL legally blind should not own nor fire firearms.

I was in the Army and was an expert shot (never missed with either an M-16 or a sidearm) and qualified every time with a shotgun) and I KNOW that it is unsafe for me to fire a weapon.

I am extremely outspoken in my opinions regarding the rights of the disabled (am also in a wheelchair) but there are limits to what I can physically do.
I am glad you realize your limits, but it is not up to you to place your limits onto others.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:03 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,124,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I am glad you realize your limits, but it is not up to you to place your limits onto others.
That is why I stated that I do not "think" that those with corrected vision are still legally blind should not own nor fire firearms. It is my OPINION as a blind person with blind friends that it could end in tragedy.

Old 09-09-2013, 04:08 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
That is why I stated that I do not "think" that those with corrected vision are still legally blind should not own nor fire firearms. It is my OPINION as a blind person with blind friends that it could end in tragedy.
Melanie, if you had a pistol or an M-16 in your hands now, who would you shoot?

Or would you tell yourself, "Uh-oh, I cannot do this safely, so I'm just going to pull the mag, rack the bolt, put on the safety, and put the gun away."

If you would react that way, what makes you think the next blind person wouldn't?

Old 09-09-2013, 04:25 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Maybe this is a parody of unregulated gun ownership? I mean look at some of the morons they give permits to, they may as well arm the blind as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies