Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 04:49 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Why is the waitress keeping the signed credit card receipt and parading it around on the Internet? If I were the credit card holder, I'd pitch a fit.
What makes you think she kept it, as opposed to snapping a pic of it on her cell?

Old 09-09-2013, 04:58 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,688,188 times
Youre gonna get 3 responses from this thread 1.fake! 2. Maybe she deserved it 3. Just get over it

Old 09-09-2013, 05:15 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
This is beyond sad!!

Teenage waitress receives racist insult in tip section of receipt | theGrio

by Carrie Healey | September 9, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Toni Christina Jenkins, a server at a Tennessee Red Lobster, received a racist slur in the tip section of a receipt from costumers.

The 19-year-old nursing student posted a photo of the receipt to her Facebook page, but it has since been removed. The receipt shows that the ”none” was written on the tip line, and that “******” was written on the total line.

What the guy did makes him an *******, but she has no right to post a photo of the receipt with his signature on it. They guy who posted Peyton Manning's generous tip found that out the hard way.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:17 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Why is the waitress keeping the signed credit card receipt and parading it around on the Internet? If I were the credit card holder, I'd pitch a fit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
What makes you think she kept it, as opposed to snapping a pic of it on her cell?
duh-uhhhhh....you mean to tell me a cell-phone can take a picture??? I never thought of that

Old 09-09-2013, 05:51 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
What the guy did makes him an *******, but she has no right to post a photo of the receipt with his signature on it. They guy who posted Peyton Manning's generous tip found that out the hard way.
Really? This fool set himself up for this to begin with. What could have been so horrible about this waitress" service that this infantile had to leave such a racist remark on his bill?

Old 09-09-2013, 05:59 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
Okay matlock. This is based on a capital N and a blurred rest of the letter?

if you write NONE you would write a dollar amount. If they left it blank. . .and then gave this person the ability to write something else. I don't see that happening.

I would say its a real receipt until I hear otherwise. . .but there is nothing legally wrong about writing racial epithets on a receipt.

and we don't even know the color of the person who wrote this.
Hey Sherlock, the website that broke this story had the unedited image, the difference in writing style was very obvious. Yes, another person at the table could have wrote the other part, but how likely is that? Who knows why the tip line was left blank. Maybe they filled in the customer copy by mistake and took it. **** happens. I'd be more likely to believe that than to believe that some closet Klansman leaving an offensive note with his name attached to it.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1341484/th...EIPT-570.jpg?1

Old 09-09-2013, 06:57 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
As usual the bigots defend their own. No comment on the word ******, but they call the waitress ghetto, rude, a liar and wrong for posting the receipt (with no name or credit card number). Can't say that I'm surprised, but disgusted nonetheless.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:13 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,136 times
I don't get the point of this post? There's 300 million people in this country. Is anyone claiming racism doesn't exist in any single person? I'm sure yesterday a white person did something even worse than this to a black person. And I know for a fact a black person did much much worse this weekend to someone just for being white (black man punching 62 yr old white man in nyc, leaving him brain damaged).

Old 09-09-2013, 07:38 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,711,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I don't get the point of this post? There's 300 million people in this country. Is anyone claiming racism doesn't exist in any single person? I'm sure yesterday a white person did something even worse than this to a black person. And I know for a fact a black person did much much worse this weekend to someone just for being white (black man punching 62 yr old white man in nyc, leaving him brain damaged).
Sssshhhh, you're not suppose to mention that. The race pimps love to get up in arms when a minority is offended, but turn a blind eye when one of them violently beats a white person to death.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:59 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Really? This fool set himself up for this to begin with. What could have been so horrible about this waitress" service that this infantile had to leave such a racist remark on his bill?
She can't put his receipt with his signature on it, that's why it was taken down so quickly. I don't know what certain people don't understand about privacy concerns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies