U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,174,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Me too. The current hatred of our President and our Country by those on the far right is absolute unAmerican in my opinion.

4500 dead in Iraq - THAT they are fine with. Just peachy keen. To think that we might rid the world of some chemical weapons without bombing anyone - and their heads explode. Their current love affair with Putin is one of the silliest things I have ever seen. I'm thinking most have NO IDEA what he really stands for. BUT - he looks good with his shirt off so . . new conservative hero.

They are truly an embarrassment to our country. They aren't called the party of Stupid for no reason.
Oh really? Listen to your queen..............

I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton - YouTube
Rate this post positively

Old 09-11-2013, 07:40 PM

20,299 posts, read 21,353,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No one ever claimed it was all planned, do not lie, but it was due to the President pointing our weapons at Assad that Putin came up with a quick plan to save their ally from getting bombed, especially since Russia could not have done anything to prevent it. Yes, go ahead kiss up to the KGB Agent and disrespect the President of the US, it is more proof that the right have lost their collective minds.
Interesting interpretation of events.
Lets see. Obama makes not 1 but 3 separate threats. When Chemical weapons are used, by whom not proven, but assumed to be Assad. Obama turns to congress for permission to use our military.
The world opposes military intervention. The UN opposes Military intervention. The vast majority of the American people opposed military intervention. The Majority of our elected reps either opposed or were undecided leaning towards opposed to military intervention. Some how we are to take Obama, McCain and Kerry at their word that a military intervention is the only answer.
Enter Putin. KGB scumbag and spy master. He works a solution that doesn't include bombing anyone. Now we can look at this a couple ways. Diplomacy is like a chess game. Obama opted to support the rebels as he did in Libya. Many people died. Obama opted to support Syrian rebels. People who absolutely don't like us. If the rebels win what then? They have already committed countless atrocities. What did Obama achieve at that point?
The point that should be obvious is that we were told by The Obama Administration, that a military option was the only solution. Putin proved him wrong. Like it or not Our president over played his hand.
WE still never saw any real evidence that it was Assad who used the weapons.
The real defeat in this story is that the American people lost even more trust in our leadership. We the people lost.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:54 PM

25,230 posts, read 16,203,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because Russia's proposal got our finger off the trigger and I happen to agree with that I'm now kissing up to the KGB ?

We were about to invade and bomb a country that did absolutely nothing to us and most of the world was against us doing it.

I don't have that much blind loyalty that I overlook sovereign aggression even when it comes from us.
The finger is not off the trigger until Assad follows through with the deal. Sad thing to admit to there Tex.
We were not about to invade, were were about to punish or did everyone forget the crime that was committed.
I do not blindly follow anyone, I simple do not like watching people attack someone for doing the right thing. Aggression towards criminals is a good thing, maybe you have a different tactic.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:55 PM

33,949 posts, read 21,178,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh really? Listen to your queen..............

I Am Sick And Tired - Hillary Clinton - YouTube
Debating and actively cheering for our enemies (Assad) and quasi-enemy (Putin) are two different things.

Didja hear Hillary praising AQ? THAT would be an appropriate comparison.

BTW - Hillary is only my Queen if Mittens (or perhaps Putin now) is YOUR King.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:07 PM

7,685 posts, read 5,754,269 times
Obama and Kerry = non-diplomacy, want blood and WW3 as well as any way to divert attention away from our domestic woes.

Putin = protecting Syria and offering the diplomacy route.

Obama and Kerry = inept! Putin = though offered a much (hopefully in the end) better solution was more effective in showing the world what circus clowns "O" and "K" are.

Obama's speech that I read was a load of snake oil salesmanship attempt - at least I saved $ on lysol last night.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Debating and actively cheering for our enemies (Assad) and quasi-enemy (Putin) are two different things.

Hillary/Obama et al have been funding AQ ops or what the media like to call "rebels" in Libya and now in Syria. Take off the blinders.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:47 PM

Quote:

Cheering for Assad?? Now who did that.............

"In a March 2011 interview, Hillary Clinton implied that Assad was a “reformer.” In 2007, Nancy Pelosi, over strong objections from the State Department, visited Syria, and said, “The road to Damascus is a road to peace.” Senator John Kerry predicted that “Syria will change as it embraces a legitimate relationship with the United States.”The record of American policymakers’ failures to talk the Assad regime out of its iniquity is long indeed."

Do you folks even pay attention to what is going on???

Assad's Useful Idiots | National Review Online

Old 09-11-2013, 08:53 PM

15,743 posts, read 9,296,200 times
At least it's good to know that Obama isn't going to follow through with his insane plan to start yet anther war and fight along side AQ. What a great way the remember 9-11 Obama, Kerry and McCain. Just think, 12 years ago they killed thousands of people and today it's okay to fight along side them because we (and Israel) don't like Assad.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
At least it's good to know that Obama isn't going to follow through with his insane plan to start yet anther war and fight along side AQ. What a great way the remember 9-11 Obama, Kerry and McCain. Just think, 12 years ago they killed thousands of people and today it's okay to fight along side them because we (and Israel) don't like Assad.
I think this issue has more to do with the Saudi's and OPEC than Israel. Much more. Dollar is in play.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:01 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,465,591 times
Quote:

Who's been cheering them??
As for Putin, no one has been cheering him. We just recognize where credit is due. You guys are spinning it out of control and butt hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.