U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 08:05 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,451,921 times

Advertisements

Exactly what we have been saying, Putin to NYT,

Quote:
The potential strike by the United States against Syria, despite strong opposition from many countries and major political and religious leaders, including the pope, will result in more innocent victims and escalation, potentially spreading the conflict far beyond Syria’s borders. A strike would increase violence and unleash a new wave of terrorism. It could undermine multilateral efforts to resolve the Iranian nuclear problem and the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and further destabilize the Middle East and North Africa. It could throw the entire system of international law and order out of balance.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/op...anted=all&_r=0
Rate this post positively

Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,099,812 times
Increase violence? LOL Obama has it up to levels we haven't seen for a while. Meanwhile I watched the Pal's on that MSNBC show this morning replaying 911 dancing in the streets. Problem with Obama's actions is he has done NOTHING. If your going to launch a strike then do it. He and Kerry brayed about all the poor widdle children and innocents killed and how we have to do something then sits back and does nothing because he wants to be able to blame somebody else for doing nothing or something. He's a joke.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:44 PM

33,949 posts, read 21,053,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Cheering for Assad?? Now who did that.............

"In a March 2011 interview, Hillary Clinton implied that Assad was a “reformer.” In 2007, Nancy Pelosi, over strong objections from the State Department, visited Syria, and said, “The road to Damascus is a road to peace.” Senator John Kerry predicted that “Syria will change as it embraces a legitimate relationship with the United States.”The record of American policymakers’ failures to talk the Assad regime out of its iniquity is long indeed."

Do you folks even pay attention to what is going on???

Assad's Useful Idiots | National Review Online
When IS the last time America picked a good foreign leader? Tell me ~ what good did we do in Afghanistan? In Iraq?

Were you asleep at the switch?

Old 09-11-2013, 08:50 PM

25,230 posts, read 16,138,436 times
Quote:
Increase violence? LOL Obama has it up to levels we haven't seen for a while. Meanwhile I watched the Pal's on that MSNBC show this morning replaying 911 dancing in the streets. Problem with Obama's actions is he has done NOTHING. If your going to launch a strike then do it. He and Kerry brayed about all the poor widdle children and innocents killed and how we have to do something then sits back and does nothing because he wants to be able to blame somebody else for doing nothing or something. He's a joke.
Les see, if he does something the righties whine, if he trys to not hurt their widdle feelings by going to Congress the righties whine anyway. Ok we got it, righties are excellent whiners. Personally I would agree I would not give a rats arse what Congress thought I would use the power I had and gone ahead and bombed the crap outa military sites in Syria for committing war crimes, now Assad gets away with it and we all know he will never have them again, maybe the Russians will give them to Iran for safe keeping along with the other weapons they are sending along with their new bomb factory/power facility, ROTFLMAO!

Old 09-12-2013, 03:29 AM

9,178 posts, read 4,163,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Les see, if he does something the righties whine, if he trys to not hurt their widdle feelings by going to Congress the righties whine anyway. Ok we got it, righties are excellent whiners. Personally I would agree I would not give a rats arse what Congress thought I would use the power I had and gone ahead and bombed the crap outa military sites in Syria for committing war crimes, now Assad gets away with it and we all know he will never have them again, maybe the Russians will give them to Iran for safe keeping along with the other weapons they are sending along with their new bomb factory/power facility, ROTFLMAO!
We have yet to find out who used the WMD - does that not bother you to engage a country without proof. We made that mistake with Iraq and we supposedly had hard intelligence. The gov't has produced nothing to show it was Assad.

You sound more like a Rep than a Dem - go in and bomb them - has your love for Obama twisted your mind so much that you longer think for yourself?

Old 09-12-2013, 04:47 AM

395 posts, read 437,320 times
What a pathetic loser Barry Sotero is.

Old 09-12-2013, 07:06 AM

5,943 posts, read 5,363,163 times
Smile still hurting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
What a pathetic loser Barry Sotero is.

You're absolutely and totally wrong. Twice elected to the highest office by wide margins. This is probably not the first time you've been wrong. But it may well be your most public and most embarrassing flub.

Enjoy!

Old 09-12-2013, 12:09 PM

19,894 posts, read 17,676,011 times
Quote:

Your right, put up or shut the hell up. Indecesive makes us look so gosh damn weak. And now Mr. Putin himself, concern for whom, has Obama, by the -----!

We look like a joke. This administration is no gift to anyone. Looking weak in the world, is not good for our own benefit.

Your going to do something, do something right, not half ass. And you better have a plan. I don't know how this is going to be played out, but Obama got himself in this mess, with this gosh damn Red Line remark he made last year. Not Congress, and not the World, Obama. Obama loves for others to take blame, something he is not good at is accepting accountability for his own messes. And the media still gives him plenty of free passes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.