U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 01:10 PM

86,052 posts, read 80,739,341 times

Advertisements

Obama said he's taking Russia's proposal with a grain of salt.
Kerry said turn them all over in a week or else we'll bomb.
Later his aides said Kerry's statement was "rhetorical" and not "literal".
Obama said we have the greatest army the world has ever known and even limited strikes would have major impacts.
Kerry did admit though that Russia told him of the proposal before they made it public.
Most of the international community is behind Russia's proposal.

And this is from the NYT. I don't see how the koolaid drinkers honestly think this is all Obama and Kerry's doing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/wo...anted=all&_r=0
Rate this post positively

Old 09-10-2013, 01:13 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,086,651 times
They are probably building the cardboard cities to blow up in their "targeted" strikes here coming soon. It's just a comedy show watching these folks trip over each others lies. They are all just maneuvering for somebody to blame. Looks like it's Putin's fault now. Who knows who it will be tomorrow...........

Old 09-10-2013, 01:16 PM

29,409 posts, read 21,086,651 times
I will reply to Obama with substance when he does the same to the people of the US. I see you not replying to anything about his speech just to worry about what I'm doing. Now why is that? Perhaps because the empty suit is indefensible anymore and most know it but the few so blinded.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 PM

16,172 posts, read 7,999,438 times
It's another roller-coaster day - Putin has dropped the other shoe

The French called an Emergency meeting of the UN Security Council meeting with a proposal --
Which was just cancelled. Putin is demanding that the USA take all Military options off the table with regards to Syria. Russia has not withdrawn their proposal from the UN and will not attend a meeting. They totally reject any Chapter 7 resolution

Reuters is reporting that Obama has asked the Senate for a delay in any vote for War Authorization for the "not war" until things are settled through the UN.

The question now is ........ will Obama cancel his speech tonight? Will he discuss that to get this "deal" with Russia/Syria the USA must agree to not use any Military force against Syria at all? no matter what?

Putin gave Obama a life-line, let the rope play out and then reeled him in.
Check-Mate ..... just as CK said last night.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:23 PM

6,800 posts, read 5,050,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
For what? Is he going to go out and blame everybody else for the mess he created?

Ummm..........daa............hmm...............umm ............da............Syria s being mean and it's all Bush's fault. That will about sum it up I'm sure.
How about.. First off, errrr ahhh where the hell am I! No wait, first off I would like to thank myself for aaahh the errr wonderful decision errr I made to aaaa reduce theeee threat to errrr my fellow Americans.. Ahh, hey has anybody been to the vineyard latley? Errr what aaaa do errrr the courses look like? Ah, anyway... errrr Nancy didn't take her meds this morning ahhh where was I? Ahhh yes....as I was saying how wonderful I am and what dolts the American people errr the world is... The German people used chemical weapons ahhh errr on the Myans and well, well this is errr unacceptable considering the Myans have been gone for 100's no eeeer millions no... Ah, Harry says I go potty like a big boy now...

Thank you and good morning errr no lunch? ahh I have to tinkle..,

Old 09-10-2013, 03:37 PM

6,513 posts, read 7,090,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
For what? Is he going to go out and blame everybody else for the mess he created?

Ummm..........daa............hmm...............umm ............da............Syria s being mean and it's all Bush's fault. That will about sum it up I'm sure.
I thought you were going to argue that only a dictator schedules a speech during prime-time. Silly me.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:43 PM

5,696 posts, read 5,971,956 times
I can not listen to him any more he makes me sick he is such a hack
and besides all he is going to do is try and make this about him like he always does he is scared of Putin
and Putin has looked into Obama's eyes and saw not much
lol
Romney warned about Putin but Obama laughed about it
I wish we had him to day instead of this Buffon!!
Obama's boot lickers will believe every word
what a goon

Old 09-10-2013, 05:26 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,073,452 times
Quote:
Someone, anyone, come of with the solutions, besides the hated Putin.
Quote:
0bama will try to twist the words, actions and events that have made him a laughing stock of the world, and will hope his speech today will give the 0bama-freindly news media the cover they need to carry his water, and rewrite history.
lol. And he thinks no one knows or notices and that no one will remember.

Imagine the scale of this narcissistic personality disorder to walk around like that.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 80,739,341 times
I guess he has to change his speech now.
I read it was about getting American support for invading Syria.
But we're not doing that now are we ?

Old 09-10-2013, 05:40 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,751,414 times
Obama speech or USA vs Mexico.

I think i'll go with the football match.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.