Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
How is it wrong??
We've already spent billions on this fiasco. France is the only nation willing to back US. For weeks this has been going on and our only answer was to bomb them. Where was Obama and Kerry's LEADERSHIP and diplomacy with his oh so great foreign policy??
I'm sorry, but how are you right? If Obama had gone ahead & done a strike without congressional approval, your head would have exploded. He does the right thing by requesting congressional approval & your head still explodes. Pick a side & stay on it, this flip flopping that has been going on with the conservatives since Obama took office is truly ridiculous. And on top of that, all the other conservatives on here are simply salivating over Putin & Russia, not exactly a stable ally of ours, are they? I'd as soon as hide my head in shame then side with Putin or Russia. Something is seriously wrong for you to do that. I think this hatred of the president has blown a gasket in some. Next thing I'll see the conservatives will be siding with the Taliban. Makes me embarrassed to be an American when I see responses such as yours & others on here.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:14 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Obama hit all the points and did a good job of presenting all the reasons why he thinks we should get involved. But what he failed to do is convince the public that anything we might do to Assad is going to make much difference. Americans get that now.
And you just gave the best reasons why we shouldn't get involved...

Old 09-10-2013, 08:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
No matter what I don't think there is any doubt who the international community is looking to and its not Obama: its Putin and his announcement .If Putin pulls this off he is the leader the world will see as solving the problem for them. Obama looks like a president who couldn't make up his mind until after Putin's announcement.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:18 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
If you recall momar "turned over" his chemicals weapons too. We still went and killed him led by the grand puba lying the entire way through it. Now we're supposed to forget about it all and egypt too and it's all about Syria? How people still buy the horse manure these clowns are shoveling is beyond me.

Libya worked out pretty well. Terrorist sponsoring Qadaffi removed w/o a single American casualty. No wonder you hate it.

Assad supports terrorists, too.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 PM

5,756 posts, read 3,997,659 times
That back of the classroom Putin sure did school our Noble Peace Prize winner now didn't he? He owns Obama like the Corleone family owned politicians... Putin has beat him like a red headed step child...Why Putin upstaged him like a Soyuz rocket. I am embarrassed for our waffling befuddled leader.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:28 PM

592 posts, read 502,335 times
your answer to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball
Originally Posted by nineball
What mess did he create? Have we lost any soldier because of his mess?

What mess did George Bush create? Did we lose any soldier because of his mess?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
We're already spending billions of $$ on a war where a single bullet hasn't been fired because of Obama's big mouth!

At $1.5 million per cruise missile, how much is that going to cost us once that start flying?

And then how much $$ will we send for aid after??
How many cruise missiles have been fired and for how many days/months/years/decade? What is the total cost?

How many cruise missiles were fired in the Iraq war and for how many days/months/years/decade? What is the total cost?

Old 09-10-2013, 08:29 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
After listening to Obama tonight, he must think he is a modern day P.T. Barnum, who thinks there is a sucker born every minute. He said little or nothing of any substance. This speech was nothing but an attempt to save his image and it isn’t working. Our country is now at the weakest point in its history under Obama and all of it is of his making. We are the laughing stock of the world.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:32 PM

592 posts, read 502,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I'm sorry, but how are you right? If Obama had gone ahead & done a strike without congressional approval, your head would have exploded. He does the right thing by requesting congressional approval & your head still explodes. Pick a side & stay on it, this flip flopping that has been going on with the conservatives since Obama took office is truly ridiculous. And on top of that, all the other conservatives on here are simply salivating over Putin & Russia, not exactly a stable ally of ours, are they? I'd as soon as hide my head in shame then side with Putin or Russia. Something is seriously wrong for you to do that. I think this hatred of the president has blown a gasket in some. Next thing I'll see the conservatives will be siding with the Taliban. Makes me embarrassed to be an American when I see responses such as yours & others on here.
This Rightwingers have taken whining to another level. Blocking and continuous whining is not leadership.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
First of all, I'm not a conservative.
Putin stood up and got this matter resolved without any chest thumping. Hasn't cost them a dime. Obama and Kerry have been acting like a bunch of baboons trying to get this resolved and was willing to ignore the Amercian people regardless! 1,500 people died because of the attack. What about the other 100,000?? How many people(collateral) would have died by our bombs and how many more billions off $$ more than it already has because of these baboons?

Old 09-10-2013, 08:33 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
For what? Is he going to go out and blame everybody else for the mess he created?

Ummm..........daa............hmm...............umm ............da............Syria s being mean and it's all Bush's fault. That will about sum it up I'm sure.
Boy, the class, effectiveness, and continued excellence of this President really has your underwear in a bundle. I hope you get better.

EXCELLENT speech by the President. His handling of the Syria issue is admirable...and don't you forget it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies