Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 06:40 PM

9,879 posts, read 14,131,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
I doubt that even close to a million Muslims will show up with two million bikers roaring engines jk
A couple of hundred showed up for the Muslim protest ("Million American March Against Fear"). Only about two thousand showed up for the Biker Ride ("2 Million Bikers to DC").

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
If they start prayers, will the police force them to stop under threat of arrest like they did with Christian groups?
Please, please provide evidence where the police stopped Christians from only praying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 06:57 PM

4,437 posts, read 4,868,007 times
Today in D.C. it was a big flop for both groups, first off the organizer for the Muslim march was a lilly white white guy who was ignored by most Muslim groups, it has been mentioned that he may not even be legit, I heard a rumor he organises alot of events and collects donations and uses them for personal use.
While there were many bikers in D.C. today there were no great numbers of bikers.
Early afternoon I drove into D.C. went pass the Mall up to the White House and didn't see any activity, drove back pass the Mall and went up to Capital Hill.
Below is a link to some pictures I took today.

911 - PHOTObyTED's Photos | SmugMug

Old 09-11-2013, 07:01 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And now for the rest of the story...

The "2 Million Bikers to DC" organization was denied a no-stop permit from the city, which means it will not be allowed to ride through red lights or stop traffic. Meaning, they can still ride, but cannot expect Washington to be shut down to accommodate them. Oh, the humanity!

The Muslim group, on the other hand, applied months in advance for a permit to hold a rally. They are not asking the city to stop traffic and shut down city streets for them. The city granted their permit. How outrageous!

9/11 Bikers Denied Permit To Ride Non-Stop Through DC for Rally
The point was to avoid a lock down city and just let the 800,000 bikes pass. Now they can still ride thru, but it will take longer.

I doubt they care it will take longer. I just wonder how the Muslims feel being surrounded by 2 million HOGS

gotta love it.......

Old 09-11-2013, 07:04 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
The point was to avoid a lock down city and just let the 800,000 bikes pass. Now they can still ride thru, but it will take longer.

I doubt they care it will take longer. I just wonder how the Muslims feel being surrounded by 2 million HOGS

gotta love it.......
It didn't end up taking all that long. There were nowhere near two million bikes OR Muslims in Washington today. Both rallies fell well short of plan.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:13 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,969,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Thanks, and that was a good start. Wished I had known ahead of time. I may have gone down last Monday.

Bikers are not new to DC. Rolling Thunder has events there every year. I have been to many.

Next time I will be sure to bake potatoes with bacon between the jugs.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:06 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Terrorist is a catch all phrase. It is used to catch all that oppose the government of the USA.
Well some are simply Traitors, but either way is fine by me.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
September 11th, 2013 will be remembered as the day when millions of Americans made a statement.
This is our country and we are taking it back no matter how far we have to go to do it.
It is a new day of independence. Much like July 4th 1776 when we declared that we were no longer slaves of Britain, today there is a new declaration being made.
We will no longer be ruled by servants who act as our masters.

This is a warning shot and there will not be another.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:50 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And now for the rest of the story...

The "2 Million Bikers to DC" organization was denied a no-stop permit from the city, which means it will not be allowed to ride through red lights or stop traffic. Meaning, they can still ride, but cannot expect Washington to be shut down to accommodate them. Oh, the humanity!

The Muslim group, on the other hand, applied months in advance for a permit to hold a rally. They are not asking the city to stop traffic and shut down city streets for them. The city granted their permit. How outrageous!

9/11 Bikers Denied Permit To Ride Non-Stop Through DC for Rally
Of course that part was conveniently left out....

Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

gotta love it.......
The point was that there was no where near 2million nor 800,000. Everything I have seen puts the number at 3 to 5 thousand.

Old 09-12-2013, 09:54 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
September 11th, 2013 will be remembered as the day when millions of Americans made a statement.
This is our country and we are taking it back no matter how far we have to go to do it.
It is a new day of independence. Much like July 4th 1776 when we declared that we were no longer slaves of Britain, today there is a new declaration being made.
We will no longer be ruled by servants who act as our masters.

This is a warning shot and there will not be another.
So by millions you mean a few thousand guys on bikes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies