Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:58 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,405,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Well, well, well. I guess he's figured out George is way more trouble than he's worth - especially if he hasn't been paid!
Defense attorneys don't work for free, at least not indefinitely. First thing I thought when I saw O'Mara at the scene of the domestic dispute was "I bet Zimmerman had to pay O'Mara up front to show up." Maybe I was wrong. But at least O'Mara has set the record straight that he won't represent him if he is charged in that case because Zimmerman can't or won't pay him.

I'm guessing that he is doing the NBC civil case for Zimmerman on a contingency basis, which means that O'Mara will get a percentage of any AWARD Zimmerman may get in that case, and I'm also guessing O'Mara has him locked into a contract and is getting a far higher percentage than is typical for contingency cases!

BTW, I think all these crazy things Zimmerman is doing AFTER the trial is hurting any defamation case he has against NBC. He's destroying his own reputation with these actions.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:09 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The bodyguards, and food for George.

What really begs a question is how in the world did George already get a new girlfriend? Who in the world would date this loser?
Zimmerman is famous. Women like that. It's in their DNA. Any man who has money, power, or fame is going to have women regardless of how much of a jerk he is. Same as how a woman can be dumb as a post but will still have men interested if she has a good figure.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:48 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,238,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, will no longer be representing Zimmerman. When asked if he had any advice for Zimmerman, O'Mara said, "Pay me!"

Mark O' Mara, lawyer for George Zimmerman, won't represent him in domestic altercation or his divorce, report says - Crimesider - CBS News
Oh well I wonder what happened to all his supporters like the gun lobbyists and the NRA? Someone posted $9000 bail yesterday for him. Did his supporters already throw him overboard?

And now tells the judge he has no money for attorney fees and asks for a public defender for his most recent run in with the law.

Old 11-20-2013, 05:02 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,365,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
George Zimmerman is a registered democrat who voted for Obama

no one I know ever supported GZ,
they supported his right to live and not die at the hands of a murderous scumbag high on "purple drank" and armed w/ a sidewalk...

Old 11-20-2013, 09:16 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
At least two known 'gun groups" contributed to Zimmerman's defense fund.

Quote:
At least two gun groups are standing up for Zimmerman, offering to contribute money and support.
Quote:
“We wanted to help someone who we feel has been wronged and found guilty in the court of public opinion,” explained Chris Kossmann of Legal Boom, a gun rights group based in Florida.
Quote:
Johnson adds that Kossman’s group and Texas-based National Association for Legal Gun Defense have both reached out to donate to Zimmerman.
Quote:
the National Association for Legal Gun Defense, seeks to donate $10,000 toward Zimmerman’s legal expenses.
Gun Groups Seek To Fund George Zimmerman’s Defense | Mediaite

Old 11-20-2013, 09:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Do you believe in personal responsibility and paying your bills?
He is unemployed, according to a police report, and has about $150 to his name with debts of $2.5 million, according to his request for a public defender.

Why hasn't he become employed?

Old 11-20-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Oh well I wonder what happened to all his supporters like the gun lobbyists and the NRA? Someone posted $9000 bail yesterday for him. Did his supporters already throw him overboard?

And now tells the judge he has no money for attorney fees and asks for a public defender for his most recent run in with the law.
Support an unstable man with a gun and it will cost the tax payers!

Quote:
Zimmerman's public defenders said Tuesday they were appointed to the case because Zimmerman said he couldn't afford an attorney.
George Zimmerman posts $9,000 bail in domestic violence case - CNN.com

Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,717,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The bodyguards, and food for George.

What really begs a question is how in the world did George already get a new girlfriend? Who in the world would date this loser?
Someone seeking their own 15 minutes of fame?

Old 11-20-2013, 09:25 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,250,946 times
Does ol' George have a job now? Or is he still living off all those donations made to him by idiots?

I noticed in those pictures taken during his latest (according to some) "injustice" that the truck identified as his is pretty darn nice - much nicer than anything I could afford, even when I was working.

Old 11-20-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
He is unemployed, according to a police report, and has about $150 to his name with debts of $2.5 million, according to his request for a public defender.

Why hasn't he become employed?
I don't think Zimmerman has much of a job history before, or after, the Trayvon killing.

This is all I could find about his past work history:

Quote:
George Zimmerman was fired from his job as an under-the-table security guard for “being too aggressive,” a former co-worker told the Daily News.
George Zimmerman lost job as party security guard for being too aggressive, ex-co-worker says * - NY Daily News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies