Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support "Isolationism" ?
Yes America is not the police force of the world, we should improve America not the rest of the world. 53 62.35%
No America has the moral obligation to the world. 7 8.24%
Other. 15 17.65%
We should only go to war if attack, hit hard, and leave not nation building. 29 34.12%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 04:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What happens when we have treaties with 2 nations and they fight each other? Trade with all nations, entangling alliances with none.
You really should read more history, did you miss the war between the Brits and Argentina? They were both our ally.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:05 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
What happens when we have treaties with 2 nations and they fight each other? Trade with all nations, entangling alliances with none.
that depends on the treaties we have with those nations. i seriously doubt that two NATO nations are going to fight each other without one dropping out of the treaty.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:01 PM

6,512 posts, read 7,549,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
I am not talking about the reason why they don't have a military. That is besides the point. The point is they don't have a military and their GDP is one of the strongest in the world; so economic isolationism is independent of military isolationism.
Strongest, perhaps; largest, definitely.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:33 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
I am not talking about the reason why they don't have a military. That is besides the point. The point is they don't have a military and their GDP is one of the strongest in the world; so economic isolationism is independent of military isolationism.
Yeah pay for one when you have the greatest military force in human history for free..

Old 09-11-2013, 09:38 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,742,291 times
Plus not only will be saving billions in taxes, but think of all the nations of the world who in our absents will want to rearm, reequip and grow their military, think of the trillions this nation can make building the weapons they vehicles they will need.

Its a Win, Win Win for us.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:18 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No one fights for their Nation against their will, they all joined of their own free will.
Those who fought in Korea and Vietnam had little choice. Talk to some Veterans. They'll inform you of something we had called the draft.

Quote:
Nope, but it does own those serving in the Armed Services, if you had ever served you would know that simple fact.
The simple fact is you don't know what you are talking about. Those serving do loose some rights.

Quote:
You am not trying to control anyone, I was replying to someone wanting to control others by making them fight wars, do try and keep up or stay out of the conversation.
Yet here you are trying to order me to stay out of a conversation because you are ignorant of the facts.
The constitution says we go to war to protect our borders, not to protect others borders. It would be a smart move on your part if you read the Constitution. Not saying you'll do the smart thing, just that it's a smart move.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 09-12-2013 at 05:29 AM..

Old 09-12-2013, 05:19 AM

Quote:
You really should read more history, did you miss the war between the Brits and Argentina? They were both our ally.
You should really read what our founders said and try to use common sense. Go ahead and come up with the reason why we should ignore one treaty and enforce another and that wont cause problems.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 09-12-2013 at 05:30 AM..

Old 09-12-2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Yeah, sure he isn't,
yes he is. because you say so has no meaning since Ron Pauls actions prove otherwise. facts mean so little to you.

Quote:
funny what some people believe.
Funny how some people have no problem ignoring facts and spreading lies because of a twisted agenda. Look for the truth instead of trying to be right.

Quote:
Does not matter, Pauls do nothing years are old history and his son will never be President, so the discussion of crackpots is simply for fun
The crack pot who told us our foreign policy would make us less safe and to expect a 9/11 type attack and he was right.
the crackpot who told us that interfering in the free market in Housing would cause a collapse and he was right.
So the only candidate from the two major parties who was correct on both counts AND the reason why, is a crackpot? He's not the crackpot here.

So hows the never ending wars in the Middle East going? Over 175 children in Pakistan and Yemen have been killed by Obamas drones. He got some more last month in an elementary school AGAIN. I bet you're so proud of loading the gun for that murderous coward.

Hows the economy going? Are we under 8 percent unemployment and the economy is going great like that filthy liar, who you supported, said?

What's it like supporting a complete failure? More important what kind of person continues to blindly look away and deny the obvious?
Killing the economy and killing little children. You must be so proud.

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 09-12-2013 at 05:36 AM..

Old 09-12-2013, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
that depends on the treaties we have with those nations. i seriously doubt that two NATO nations are going to fight each other without one dropping out of the treaty.
Is it because all the nations in NATO are just and moral and you can trust them?
Why would one nation, going to war with another, bother to break a treaty with America? I was speaking about Americas treaties with others. It's about which treaty we break and who to take sides with and the repercussions that follow.

Old 09-12-2013, 05:43 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
I hate to use that term it has such a negative connotation.

Do you support Isolationism?

If you don't please make the case on why America should waste blood and treasure policing the world.
I had to choose other and here is why. I am not a total isolationist by any means, but we have to choose very carefully where and when we get involved in other countries fights. We know we have the best political system in the world, this doesn't mean it is right for everyone. I am sure we all hate seeing others die needlessly, but is it our place to jump in and especially when these countries are not our true friends? We need to decide, before we get involved, if there is a direct threat to us, in anyway and it we do let ourselves get involved we don't do it with a band aide, we do it with force!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies