Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 10:04 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think the conservative angst on this thread is the result of watching the Bush Administration embarrass this country internationally for 8 years, and they are rightfully jealous that Democrats know the nuances of diplomacy while they remain shockingly inept.

That's a good one.

You are so blinded by politics that you cannot see the complete and utter failings of this president. Open your eyes.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:08 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,672,679 times
Quote:
I think the conservative angst on this thread is the result of watching the Bush Administration embarrass this country internationally for 8 years, and they are rightfully jealous that Democrats know the nuances of diplomacy while they remain shockingly inept.
...and the partisan hacks come out of the woodwork.

Stop cheering for the politician just because they have a (D) at the end of their name, and stop booing the one with an (R) at the end. Start judging people on substance, just take off the partisan glasses.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:11 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post

Stop cheering for the politician just because they have a (D) at the end of their name, and stop booing the one with an (R) at the end. Start judging people on substance, just take off the partisan glasses.
Any sane person would boo just about everyone with (d) and an (r) after their name since they are just different sides of the same coin.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:13 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,592,894 times
Quote:

You are doing the same thing.

The whole thread is nothing but a partisan shouting match.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:14 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,551,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Kerry said that the reason that Russia and Syria are trying to resolve this is because of President Obama's threat of military force. He's right. A military strike by Obama is entirely undesirable because they know it would be wholly effective. An Obama military strike is far superior to that worthless Neanderthal-type strike of the Bush administration. It would be based on reliable intelligence, intelligence carrying the same accuracy that felled Bin Laden. It would be far more effective in its precision. Russia and Syria were right not to test this smart President.

John Kerry is an excellent symbol for the competence that is the Obama administration, a level of competence that ridiculous Pubs can only dream about. Pubs complain because of envy.

I'm very proud to have John Kerry as our Sec. of State.
Silly boy!

Old 09-11-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Any sane person would boo just about everyone with (d) and an (r) after their name since they are just different sides of the same coin.
That is becoming more and more clear. There is really only one political party, the Washington Establishment Party, and the letters in brackets after their names only indicate which side of the isle they sit on, and tell them when it's their turn to chair the various committees or bang the Speaker's gavel.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You are doing the same thing.

The whole thread is nothing but a partisan shouting match.
Where have i been partisan, considering i have much disdain for both political parties? Oh wait, I see, if I criticize Obama for anything, it must be because 1) he's black, or 2) I'm a mean old partisan Republican.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:21 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
That's a good one.

You are so blinded by politics that you cannot see the complete and utter failings of this president. Open your eyes.
My eyes are wide open, I see perfectly, just as I saw perfectly for 8 years of the Bush Administration.

The contrast in leadership between Bush and Obama is stark and rather remarkable. After those 8 dark years, hope has returned now that there is competence in the Oval Office.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:23 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:

That's exactly what I'm doing as I compare this administration with the last one. You conservatives desperately need a reality check, and none of you will get that from FOX News or Rush Limbaugh.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
My eyes are wide open, I see perfectly, just as I saw perfectly for 8 years of the Bush Administration.

The contrast in leadership between Bush and Obama is stark and rather remarkable. After those 8 dark years, hope has returned now that there is competence in the Oval Office.
That was just as silly of a comment as it was when you made it in another thread.

We are witnessing colossal incompetence at this very moment.

I just posted a link to where, even as late as this week, Obama has not been working with our own US Congress to lobby to support him, even though he has had a year to do so since his "red line" comment, much less lobby our allies in the world. This is ineptitude on a world scale.

Obama is embarrassing the country, and eroding his own credibility. The world now looks to Putin as the world leader on this issue, Obama blew it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.