Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 03:23 PM

1,980 posts, read 3,772,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Not gonna happen.
The laws are on the books. They'll stay on the books.
For only a few more months. The Democrats know they need to repeal or will expect inevitable defeat. This is an issue that divides Democrats! A few pro-gun Democrats running in primary elections will get a nice cash boost from civil rights groups like the NRA.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:30 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Come 2014, the dems will lose Colorado, hicklooper and his elitist fools will be out in the cold..its ok, it will only make victory that much sweeter..
Either that or the Blue Dogs (DINOs) will win it. Face it some states aren't far Left or Right leaning.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:34 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You do know that anyone can find a poll that tells the story they want to hear.
For example, I found this one:

"DENVER — More than half of Coloradans, including 60 percent of unaffiliated voters, support stricter gun laws across the board, according to a new poll first reported by FOX31 Denver."

Exclusive: Poll shows 55 percent of Coloradans favor stricter gun laws | KDVR.com

Note that this says "across the board" not for criminals only - across. the. board.

Now before you go off and say that yesterday proves this wrong, note that the results are consistent:

"In the five suburban “swing” counties around Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield Douglas and Jefferson, 59 percent of respondents support gun control measures; but in Larimer, Weld, Pueblo and El Paso counties, only 34 percent of those surveyed support the measures."

Now, the reality is that those counties, the ones where only 34 percent approved, are not going to carry the state this year, next year or any other year.
Not gonna happen.
The laws are on the books. They'll stay on the books.
LOL it gets really annoying talking to people who cant comprehend anything. I bet you did not even bother to read the polls that I posted.

"DENVER — More than half of Coloradans, including 60 percent of unaffiliated voters, support stricter gun laws across the board, according to a new poll first reported by FOX31 Denver."

Guess what, if you stop being lazy, you'll see that many of the polls that I posted coincide with the fact that 60% - 34% or so supported more gun control. THEN they all go on to say that they DID NOT support the bill that passed. Why is this so hard for your side to get? It's like there's an intelligence gap. Supporting more gun control does NOT mean that you support all parts of a gun control bill. The majority did not support THE BILL EVEN THOUGH THEY SUPPORTED MORE GUN CONTROL. ALL OF THE POLLS SAY THE EXACT SAME THING! I HAVE YET TO SEE A CONFLICTING POLL...

Old 09-11-2013, 03:37 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,835,695 times
to DoniDanko: you said this recall would send waves across the nation to politicans who are for gun control.

question. did you say the same thing about union collective bargaining when 4 republicans were recalled in wisconsin?

Old 09-11-2013, 03:40 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaBoom View Post
The Colorado voters spoke when they elected those politicians in to office.
So you're totally cool with everything that George W Bush did when he was in office, right? No complaints? After all, the U.S. voters spoke when they elected that politician into office.

Or are you just a massive, steaming pile of hypocrisy?

Old 09-11-2013, 03:41 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,866,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
That's my point exactly. These recalls don't show that the State of Colorado is unhappy with our new gun laws. It shows that these 2 particular districts aren't happy. Again, a majority of Coloradans support our new gun laws.
I don't live in Colorado, but I wouldn't make such an assumption about the majority of Colorado voters, who may end up voting other politicians out of office in future elections because of their anti-gun stand.

I am glad to hear about the results of the recall elections; I said this before and I'll say it again, you can have as many restrictive gun laws on the books as you want, it won't stop criminals from getting guns, or high capacity magazines, the only people who will be affected are law-abiding gun owners, who may not be able to defend themselves when such a need arises.

Old 09-11-2013, 03:51 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
to DoniDanko: you said this recall would send waves across the nation to politicans who are for gun control.

question. did you say the same thing about union collective bargaining when 4 republicans were recalled in wisconsin?
I don't feel anything about it because I didn't hear anything about it. It must have not been that big of a deal. You think I'm Republican because I do not fear guns. I agree and disagree with both sides. I lean Democrat, but I owns firearms. I was born and raises in NY, but now live in the south... I can't stand either party.. One party is trying to control and dictate whether or not people can protect themselves with firearms and they are telling grown adults and parents what they can and cannot eat & feed their kids. The other side hates 75% of America and they wants to tell people how they can live based on their religion. Both sides are ban happy.. Guns, soft drinks, gay marriage, abortion, etc. I'm for less government, and I feel as if I can take care of my self. I do not want someone telling me I have to call a number and wait for a complete stranger to come and save my life when it's in danger, and I do not like that the other side feels the need to regulate people's sex lives... I want the government,and people from both sides to stop trying to control others who do not share their views..

Last edited by DoniDanko; 09-11-2013 at 04:03 PM..

Old 09-11-2013, 03:54 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I don't feel anything about it because I didn't hear anything about it. It must have not been that big of a deal. You think I'm Republican because I do not fear guns. I agree and disagree with both sides. I lean Democrat, but I owns firearms. I was born and raises in NY, but now live in the south... I can't stand either party.. One party is trying to control and dictate whether or not people can protect themselves with firearms and they are telling grown adults and parents what they can and cannot eat & feed their kids. The other side hates 75% of America and they wants to tell people how they can live based on their religion. Both sides are ban happy.. Guns, soft drinks, gay marriage, abortion, etc. I'm for less government, and I feel as if I can take care of my self. I do not want someone telling me I half to call a number and wait for a complete stranger to come and save my life when it's in danger, and I do not like that the other side feels the need to regulate people's sex lives... I want the government,and people from both sides to stop trying to control others who do not share their views..

I agree completely.

My personal motto

Do what ever you want, just don't ask me to pay for it.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
Please cite the Supreme Court case that mentions paying for background checks to exercise a Constitutional right and magazine limitations.

We'll wait......
LMFAO, you are serious ? we had an assault weapons ban for 10 years in this nation that had a magazine size limitation included and background checks are still done in every state.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:06 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
For only a few more months. The Democrats know they need to repeal or will expect inevitable defeat. This is an issue that divides Democrats! A few pro-gun Democrats running in primary elections will get a nice cash boost from civil rights groups like the NRA.
This is what is very hard for people who don't live in the mountain west to understand.
Even the most liberal Democrat out here is generally pro-gun as in: sure, everyone should have one for personal protection, hunting, etc. and most probably do.

It is only the fanatics who don't seem to understand that it is possible to be pro-gun and still believe in reasonable regulations.

As for "inevitable defeat" - I don't see it. Based solely on the fact that of the counties that wanted recalls, only two actually got their wish, I just don't think that the gun laws are as important to people here as many want to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies