Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 09:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It had less to do with the fact that they passed the laws, and more to do with the fact that the officials in question ignored the concerns of their constituents and did what they wanted to do. Morse admitted to ignoring all the emails and phone calls that expressed concerns over the gun legislation, and encouraged his colleagues to do the same. So, the people in his district rallied together and removed him from office. Both sides should rejoice in this victory, because I wouldn't think there'd be anyone who'd want someone in office who ignores the voters.

This gives me hope that there are quite a few Americans left that actually care about whats going on in their government and what the people they elected are actually doing.

All these sour grapes coming from the left are quite unbecoming. Just accept the loss and move on. You all know that if the recall had went the opposite way, you'd be singing a different tune. A bunch of sore losers you all are. Get over it, you lose, again.
Dumb move on their part, but once again I doubt it will change a thing in the long run.
Jeeez your ignorance of my stand on gun ownership is off the chart. I do not agree with their law, but I do not live there, do You? I am pro 2nd A, but as some keep saying it is the States right to control guns so long as they do not violate the 2nd A, they haven't IMO. I lost nothing and will not be losing anything, so much for your ignorance, consider yourself better informed now,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2013, 09:46 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Oh good grief, I doubt those recalling them were those that voted for them in the first place that is unless you think everyone in the districts voted for those two. Logic
Oh well... even with the cheating liberals they could not win. Too bad so sad.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:46 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,461,212 times
Quote:
This recall election was a true testament to the power of Representative Government and Democracy.
So much for "The US is a republic, not a democracy!".

Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
So much for "The US is a republic, not a democracy!".
Where has it ever been said that the U.S. wasn't a Democracy??? We are both a Republic and a Democracy.

We are first and foremost a Constitutional Republic. Within that Republic, we are a Democracy. You see, a true Democracy is a state of majority rule. When that Democracy is bound by a Constitution, it means the majority rules, but within the bounds of the Constitution, hence, we are a Constitutional Republic, and a Democracy.

Jeez, does everything have to be spelled out for you? You couldn't have figured this on your own? Or did you just want to have a witty remark to post in reply to me?

Old 09-11-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Oh good grief, I doubt those recalling them were those that voted for them in the first place that is unless you think everyone in the districts voted for those two. Logic
Exactly, so I guess we're back to my previous argument....

Quote:
Obviously the "majority" didn't care enough to go out and support the candidate
that voted for it then now did they? You were saying?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
Oh well... even with the cheating liberals they could not win. Too bad so sad.
Thing is nothing was done about the law and that was the real issue. But hey, feel good about accomplishing nothing other than to make a point still right where they started.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Exactly, so I guess we're back to my previous argument....
Yes, while you ignore the reality that recalls are a side note to most voters but that Elections are a different story, do not assume because one wins a recall that they will gain the seats fpr their own candidate, that is foolishness on drugs. The State Law will not be getting turned over any time soon, heck if I lived in Colorado, I once did, Colorado Springs, I would MOVE!

Old 09-12-2013, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Yes, while you ignore the reality that recalls are a side note to most voters but that Elections are a different story, do not assume because one wins a recall that they will gain the seats fpr their own candidate, that is foolishness on drugs. The State Law will not be getting turned over any time soon, heck !
The way you speak makes me wonder if you even understand what happened here. You do realize that Republicans now occupy both of those seats as a result of the recall don't you?

Old 09-12-2013, 11:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
The way you speak makes me wonder if you even understand what happened here. You do realize that Republicans now occupy both of those seats as a result of the recall don't you?
He's lost as usual.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:43 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,934 times
Quote:
Yes, while you ignore the reality that recalls are a side note to most voters but that Elections are a different story, do not assume because one wins a recall that they will gain the seats fpr their own candidate, that is foolishness on drugs. The State Law will not be getting turned over any time soon, heck if I lived in Colorado, I once did, Colorado Springs, I would MOVE!
Political Sins, More Than Guns, Drove Colorado Recall - Bloomberg

This is even posted on anti gunner Bloomberg's own website. You should read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies