Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 01:30 PM

2,040 posts, read 2,457,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Here's an excellent answer- because extremist reactions from Islamic extremists in third-world nations should not dictate our behaviors and laws that protect our free speech in our own nation.
That's exactly why I said this is a tough one.

Quote:
Honestly people, if Christians reacted as violently as Islamists do every time somebody questioned or mocked their religion would you even be asking such questions? Or would you be saying, 'Damn those fundies are crazy. Well we're not gonna let them control how we live OUR lives.'

Like it or not.....the reality is that it DOES endanger Americans overseas as well as our troops and embassies.

Is this one nut case's rights worth the death of anyone?

If it was something that actually mattered, I'd probably stick up for his rights too. But burning Korans is so childish and meaningless.

Posted with TapaTalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 01:31 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,766,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Yawn. I wasn't aware Obama was part of Florida Law Enforcement.

Oh, and this: "arrested for driving with kerosene in a barbecue grill". He was denied a permit to use the park for setting fires, and was caught driving with a flammable liquid in a grill in the back of his car.

No denial of free speech, just an idiot being arrested for doing illegal activity.
Done in one.

Old 09-12-2013, 01:40 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Would you do the same if it were bibbles?

I certainly would, without a seconds thought. Every single one of you missed my point. Returning them to the local mosque for the proper disposal, according to their religion, is the respectful thing to do.

The local Muslims are now more than aware the police are in possession of close to 3000 damaged Korans; why look for trouble down the road by sending the things to the local land-fill etc..?

If their proper disposal method was to burn them; all this fuss over the burning of them by anyone else would then be moot, would it not?

Pictures proving that to the rest of the world would go light years to stymie any further attempts by the radical ones to make burning of Korans a Jihad-worthy offense when they themselve burn the things.

Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Reports: Terry Jones arrested with 2,998 kerosene-soaked Korans - latimes.com This is that coward TRAITOR Obama's doing, first the NSA spying and now this blatant attack on free speech.

The Arab world is already calling out Obama as a coward and now he's trying to pander to them with this.

When Obama talked about his red line in the sand he really meant that loose thread in his panties.
Yes, those damn commies won't even let god fearing Americans drive around with bombs in their vehicles anymore. What is this world coming to?

Old 09-12-2013, 02:51 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I certainly would, without a seconds thought. Every single one of you missed my point. Returning them to the local mosque for the proper disposal, according to their religion, is the respectful thing to do.

The local Muslims are now more than aware the police are in possession of close to 3000 damaged Korans; why look for trouble down the road by sending the things to the local land-fill etc..?

If their proper disposal method was to burn them; all this fuss over the burning of them by anyone else would then be moot, would it not?

Pictures proving that to the rest of the world would go light years to stymie any further attempts by the radical ones to make burning of Korans a Jihad-worthy offense when they themselve burn the things.
The camera to shoot this and use against them is what I was commenting on.

Do the same with flags for all I care.
Neither is important to me.
But the taking photos to use in the future is the ridiculous part.
The gloating is such a mature response.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:27 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Reports: Terry Jones arrested with 2,998 kerosene-soaked Korans - latimes.com This is that coward TRAITOR Obama's doing, first the NSA spying and now this blatant attack on free speech.

The Arab world is already calling out Obama as a coward and now he's trying to pander to them with this.

When Obama talked about his red line in the sand he really meant that loose thread in his panties.
What the hell does some nutjob in Florida and his crazy idea have to do with the President of the United States?

Or are you just going to randomly involve Obama in everything that flies through your head?

Old 09-12-2013, 03:36 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The issue here is the safety , I can pretty much say with certainty if I was driving a commercial truck down the road filled with 3000 <insert any book here> that were soaked with diesel without the right placards and whatever else was required by DOT I'm proabaly going to jail and get fined thousands of dollars. That cargo would be probably be classified as hazardous material and even requires a specific license to transport.
Makes sense to me.

But I guess finding another dim-witted reason to start another bash Obama thread trumps public safety.

Old 09-12-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You can play that silly game if you like. Me, i fight fire with fire...

This country is being over run by scum from the world, and I just don't like it.

Maybe i will go to their countries one day and see what i can do about it. You know order ham and cheese grilled so they can smell it.

There is no love lost between me and any muslims i can assure you of that.
Go ahead, Big Talker. LOL

Old 09-12-2013, 03:40 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
I wonder where he got that many Korans?

Old 09-12-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Now about your user name.......... it can only mean you are very much into 'The Muslim Brotherhood' can't it?

We all know Obama IS.
No, we don't.

But then, not all of us are freakin' delusional.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies