Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 08:17 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
^^^^ 100%. I have never witnesses such hatred of one man - that people are willing to champion those who would do us harm over our own country.

I've never seen such blatent HATE in my life - ever. I never had the HATE for Bush that I see directed at Obama. EVEN after Iraq - and all those dead soldiers; I felt he was hugely misguided. But such HATE for one man? Hate that is so great that some would embrace a foreign dictator.

I'm thinking perhaps I need to spend a bit less time here; it's become entirely too anti-American for me.
Conservatives would support Russia blowing up the statue of liberty if there was any chance it would make Obama look bad.

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Putin puts people in jail who sing songs about him...

He locks up Oil Tycoons who have the money to run successful campaigns to defeat him in elections...

He changed the rules to remain in power..

He locks up gays...

but since he writes an OP piece defending his countries interest (can't blame him) you guys prop him up?

unbelievable.

This is so true. Especially the bolded area. The guy shouldn't even be "President" of Russia. They have a parliamentary government that should be headed by a PM, like Britain, but "Puti" changed the rules so he could still be in power after his stint as PM was over.

He is nothing but a dictator in disguise and I find it hilarious that people are willing to support him in the USA and think better of him than our president, no matter what your political differences. In 2017 you won't have to think about Obama anymore or deal with him, but I bet old Puti will still be "President" of Russia or he will find some other title to bestow upon himself.

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And this is the guy who is giving all of our resident conservatives, you know, all those freedom loving, Constitution loving, individual rights loving, small government loving PATRIOTS a thrill up their legs.
I think Putin's oped was actually written by Karl Rove.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:18 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Conservatives would support Russia blowing up the statue of liberty if there was any chance it would make Obama look bad.
Why are we still in Afghanistan? Why is it O.K. for us to kill innocent women and children there when we can't even get an answer as to why we are there?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:22 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Like the defense putting the defendant on the stand, Putin has opened himself up to some very sharp and articulate media feedback. Putin, like all bullies, eventually become so overconfident they suffer defeat.

Just hope the incoherent Obama doesn't direct the response.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:23 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,668,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Why are we still in Afghanistan? Why is it O.K. for us to kill innocent women and children there when we can't even get an answer as to why we are there?
I'd like to know the answer too.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:24 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I find it odd that so many hard core right wingers are cheering for Putin.
Hell no! We are mad as hell that Obama is making our country look like an ignorant bully, and incompetent. Putin greatly desires to tarnish the image of the US, he is tickled to death that Obama is doing it for him.

Quote:
{snip}
Like you right wingers say - Obama is arrogant, he will do what he wants to do regardless of what others think. What puts it in your mind that he isn't the same way with Russia or Putin in particular. Putin is whining a bit in the op-ed and pleading for the US not to use military force in the region.

I really don't get where you people see the "bowing" down or "getting his butt kicked" by Putin.
Then why did Obama cancel the vote by the congress? If Obama wanted to bolster his image, make it clear that the nation was behind him, why cancel the vote, unless he knew he would lose the vote, or was it because Putin told him to stop showing signs of aggression?

Obama canceled the vote because he is weak, too weak to get congressional authorization, or too weak to oppose Putin, it's one or the other.

Quote:
IObama's threat regarding unilateral military action is not popular with us citizens or others around the world, including Putin, but it did force Putin and others to help get a diplomatic plan in place, something they more than likely would not have done without that threat so in many ways Obama's threat to kick Syria's butt caused Putin to bow down to Obama.
Wrong, Putin did not fear Obama's "unbelievably small strikes" because any act of war Obama commits against Syria will divide the world against the US, isolating us and allowing Putin and many others to justify retaliatory attacks against the US, with no one coming to our aid.

If Obama were to make "unilateral military action" against Syria, without support from the US people or the Congress, and without support from any other nation, how do you think the world would perceive him and his 'unlawful acts of war' against Syria? you can be sure, that is exactly how his attacks will be characterized in the world, 'unlawful.'

Last edited by OICU812; 09-12-2013 at 08:34 AM..

Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Putin Writes New York Times Op-ed - Slams Obama

Putin is in full control and is making Obama and the United States look petty and foolish.
Putins blog was a propaganda piece directed at American readers, but based on the reader comments it blew up on his face. Americans are basically saying F-U. Only the partisan fringe, and the closet commies in US celebrate Putins words.

Old 09-12-2013, 08:26 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I'd like to know the answer too.
So then, you understand why some supported Putin when he said that bombing wasn't the only answer here?

Old 09-12-2013, 08:27 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's been answered. Most of us just don't like the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies