Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 08:08 AM

26,510 posts, read 15,088,692 times

Advertisements

The Wall Street journal is reporting that the White House didn't know that the Pentagon was currently giving weapons to Israel during this recent crisis. This may be a real thing, not one of those fake I didn't know excuses. The White House is supposedly angry. Seems like this government needs better management.

Can't link to a pay website.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 08:10 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Who is running the country if the WH doesn't know what the hell is going on in any of their agencies ?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:17 AM

43,680 posts, read 44,425,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Who is running the country if the WH doesn't know what the hell is going on in any of their agencies ?
Exactly what I think!

Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,233 times
Lucky Obama knows where the Pentagon is located.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:23 AM

26,510 posts, read 15,088,692 times
White House in the dark over arms supplies to Israel: report

Yahoo picked up the WSJ report.

Israel got ammunition in late July during the crisis from the US without White House or State Dept. knowledge or approval.

Makes the US look awkward as we were trying to restrain Israel's campaign in Gaza, while at the same time supplying their campaign. Apparently talks between the Pentagon and Israel to secure ammunition happened off of the golf course so Obama was not informed - ha!

Old 08-14-2014, 08:24 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
I knew AIPAC was powerful and Political Puppets have no brains but that is just frightening.

Get this monkey known as Israel off our back for good!

I don't want to be associated with war crimes beyond what I can control in my own country.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:30 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
How would any human know what is going on in every single one of those agencies?

Does anyone know what any other human does every moment of every day? Got a teenager? A spouse?

Do people really want or expect presidents to be omniscient?

Really?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the weapons were channeled through some other venue, mislabeled or otherwise hidden in some way.
I've no doubt that a lot of that sort of thing happens all over federal agencies and likely has for as long as there have been federal agencies. Some line item or another disguised as something else...

I guess the real question one should ask is: was the Pentagon not supposed to be giving Israel weapons, and if so, since when?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:34 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
How would any human know what is going on in every single one of those agencies?

Does anyone know what any other human does every moment of every day? Got a teenager? A spouse?

Do people really want or expect presidents to be omniscient?

Really?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the weapons were channeled through some other venue, mislabeled or otherwise hidden in some way.
I've no doubt that a lot of that sort of thing happens all over federal agencies and likely has for as long as there have been federal agencies. Some line item or another disguised as something else...

I guess the real question one should ask is: was the Pentagon not supposed to be giving Israel weapons, and if so, since when?
Maybe if they read the news they would see that their own agency told the press about it

July 30:

Pentagon Has Sold Weapons To Israel Since Gaza Conflict Began | Talk Radio News ServiceTalk Radio News Service

Pentagon Press Secretary Adm. John Kirby announced Wednesday afternoon in a statement released to reporters that the Israeli Minister of Defense requested a sales delivery of ammunition in a letter dated July 20th.

Kirby defended the sales of the munitions to Israel, stating “the United States is committed to the security of Israel, and it is vital to U.S. national interests to assist Israel to develop and maintain a strong and ready self-defense capability. This defense sale is consistent with those objectives.”

Kirby also said the stockpile was strictly a “sourcing decision and White House approval was not required.”

Old 08-14-2014, 08:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
I knew AIPAC was powerful and Political Puppets have no brains but that is just frightening.

Get this monkey known as Israel off our back for good!

I don't want to be associated with war crimes beyond what I can control in my own country.
The president, all presidents really, are figureheads in so many ways.

The real power does not come from the Oval Office.

I imagine that there are systems and networks in place that are so entrenched as to be barely impacted when the Oval changes hands.

Too much money and power involved for it to be otherwise.

Old 08-14-2014, 08:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
It's either a lie or incompetence. If it was simply as stated the article would be followed up with a list of those the president fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies