Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 11:40 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,986,531 times

Advertisements

"The Legislative District 26 Republican Party in Arizona has passed a formal rebuke of Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) for abdicating GOP principles in helping Senate Majority Leader Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV) secure votes to approve several of President Barack Obama’s controversial nominees. “Senator John McCain unilaterally negotiated with the Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid to secure Republican votes necessary to pass a number of controversial Presidential nominees,” the resolution, which passed the official GOP body in the state by a 24-13 vote with four abstentions on Tuesday evening, reads."

Official Arizona GOP Body Passes Formal Rebuke of John McCain

Now when are they going to vote him out of office?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 11:43 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,171,261 times
Time for this senile old fool to be removed.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:46 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
I agree that he needs removed from office and I do question his senility but I don't agree with rebuking someone for stepping outside of their parties positions. We would all be better off if more would do it.

Now I feel all icky for even in a round about way defending anything McCain does.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:47 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,534,555 times
The GOP continues to eat their own.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:49 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Legislative District 26 doesn't like McCain? LOL. LD26 was where the author of AZ's SB1070 was elected and then recalled for his racist wingnut behaviors. The guy who beat him in the recall, a moderate Republican, was then beaten by a Democrat in the next cycle after the district boundaries were redrawn and made it competitive . The Reps who are left are the rabid right social conservative Mormon dominated group. I doubt McCain is losing any sleep over it.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,699,341 times
Republicans eating their own again.

And directly in opposition to compromise to best foster the nation's interests, and in the interest of fostering antipathy between the parties, and in the interest of obstruction, more generally.

What else is new?

Old 09-12-2013, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I agree that he needs removed from office and I do question his senility but I don't agree with rebuking someone for stepping outside of their parties positions. We would all be better off if more would do it.

Now I feel all icky for even in a round about way defending anything McCain does.
If you are elected on a party's platform and accept their money to get elected, you better damn well abide by its ideals. If not, he could have run as an independent and let J.D Hayworth carry the torch for the GOP.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:25 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
If you are elected on a party's platform and accept their money to get elected, you better damn well abide by its ideals. If not, he could have run as an independent and let J.D Hayworth carry the torch for the GOP.
You may get nominated that way but its not how you win elections (ask Akin). For the general election, and to hold your seat, you have to represent ALL of the people and not just the extremist faction of your party. People in Arizona, like everywhere, want to see our politicians work together, compromise and do what they are supposed to be doing for us rather than bickering and obstructing and playing politics while the country goes to hell in a handcart.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The GOP continues to eat their own.

The Democrats circle the wagons around their tax cheats, rapists, and adulterers. It becomes a "badge of honor" to stay in office under a cloud. The GOP cleans its own house.

Old 09-12-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You may get nominated that way but its not how you win elections (ask Akin). For the general election, and to hold your seat, you have to represent ALL of the people and not just the extremist faction of your party. People in Arizona, like everywhere, want to see our politicians work together, compromise and do what they are supposed to be doing for us rather than bickering and obstructing and playing politics while the country goes to hell in a handcart.

That is why I want to abolish the direct election of US senators. They should be APPOINTED by the State legislatures since their role is to represent the state government, not the people.

Repeal the 17th Amendment!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies