Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2013, 08:42 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,318,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Their is work, looks at all those job openings.

The positions that they are hurting for are mainly for professional positions like doctors and nurses and others that need degrees. Many people who are on assistance have neither degree or experience in the feilds that are needed by the government
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 09:06 PM

2,401 posts, read 3,641,737 times
Take 10% out of the whole $16 people get in food stamps? Wow. Good luck with that.. What nerve do you have to complain about sixteen dag-on dollars. Selfish, you are.

And I'm just going to say it. This is a silly discussion about taking money from people with no money. Why don't you suggest skimming more money off the top of the black budget or the salaries of overpaid Congressmen or billionaire CEOs. Take an extra ten percent from them and it's fair game. You aren't getting anything from people with nothing.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:35 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,934,056 times
Quote:
Their is work, looks at all those job openings.
You do not seem to understand how many people are out of work these days and I bet you believe all of them are Dems

Old 09-15-2013, 10:03 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You do not seem to understand how many people are out of work these days and I bet you believe all of them are Dems
All I hear is excuses on this board as to why people cannot work.

And that since I have worked hard my whole life I some how need to give my hard earned money to someone else who made poor life choices.

Maybe you should be questioning why their are not more jobs available. Maybe you should questions to policies of this administration that stunt job growth?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:13 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
The positions that they are hurting for are mainly for professional positions like doctors and nurses and others that need degrees. Many people who are on assistance have neither degree or experience in the feilds that are needed by the government
And who's fault is that? So the taxpayer should look after them?
That's why we have no skill jobs. McDonalds, BK, Wendy's, Janitor...etc

Old 09-15-2013, 10:17 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
There is PLENTY of jobs out there. Type your ZIP into Indeed.
Sure, many of them are skilled. So instead of sitting around, Why don't these people go get an education.
A LOT of people just don't want to work because the benefits are too good. And that especially applies to single Moms.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:51 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
And who's fault is that? So the taxpayer should look after them?
That's why we have no skill jobs. McDonalds, BK, Wendy's, Janitor...etc

McDonald's has demonstrated that there are not nearly enough jobs for everyone who wants to work. They announced they were going to hire what, 75,000 workers, and over 1 million people applied?

Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,449,790 times
Quote:
Like these jobs
https://beta.governmentjobs.com/

Or these jobs
https://www.usajobs.gov/

Or these jobs
https://us.oilandgasjobsearch.com/

Their is always work for someone that works hard, if you have a desirable skill a lot of times you don't even have to work very hard.

But I guess expecting people to work is to much. Plenty of opportunities for people, the whole you can lead a horse to water thing.

And if you don't have any skills, there aren't so many opportunities. What government jobs are there for the unskilled? Not everyone is qualified to work on an oil rig.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
And if you don't have any skills, there aren't so many opportunities. What government jobs are there for the unskilled? Not everyone is qualified to work on an oil rig.
Then people should learn the skills required. Many classes are available at low cost at community colleges.

Many government jobs do not require a college education, even the government has entry level.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:29 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
10% across the board on everything they take......welfare, food stamps, phones, housing, energy credits, child care money, etc.

"But they're poor!"

So what!
It's been proven time and again that the welfare class has more disposable income than those who aren't on welfare ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies