Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2013, 01:03 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,443,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Then people should learn the skills required. Many classes are available at low cost at community colleges.

Many government jobs do not require a college education, even the government has entry level.

I live on a poverty level income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2013, 01:05 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
The process of redistributing wealth is already under way, as half of all Americans do not pay income taxes. It is astounding to think that half the population is being subsidized in the richest and most prosperous country in the world. How can this situation not lead to greater conflict? The sense of entitlement, with the encouragement of the president, is growing every day. Instead of demanding a job, needy people are now demanding more monthly assistance.

And, how can 50% of the population be content in their role of supporting so many others? Obama knows the facts, and yet, he continues encourages class warfare, as if they had a divine right to other people’s hard earned money.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
93% of African Americans and 69% hispanics voted for Obama. Ironically, these are the groups that have suffered the most during the Obama administration. Yet they continue to support Obama and class warfare.

Obama claims to play the role of Robin Hood, steal from the rich and give to the poor. Instead, he should steal from no one and improve economic opportunities for the poor.

Old 09-16-2013, 03:01 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
What a lot of conservatives fail to acknowledge is something Jesus said a long time ago. That being, "the poor will always be among you". You can never eradicate poverty, but you can manage it, especially in a capitalist society. So you want to get rid of the social safety net? You do realize that there are people who were former middle class that fall onto that net, too, right? I can't believe so many on the ignorant far right assume everyone on welfare is a black welfare queen. This is why people on the far right should do what they need to do. That is, go sit quietly in the back of the bus and let the adults handle the show

Old 09-16-2013, 04:36 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,700,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The process of redistributing wealth is already under way
Indeed it is: Economic injustice has doubled in a generation, and is in the process of doubling again, as the rich get yet-even-more rich and the poor get poorer. Since 1975 there has been a drastic divergence between wages and productivity leading to profit, with wages relatively flat (really: declining in real terms for the last decade) and productivity leading to profit skyrocketing.

Attached Thumbnails
Tax the recipient class!-laborproductivity.jpg  

Old 09-16-2013, 04:46 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Hardass, LOL.

Take 10% of my money back from them? A mandatory tithe, I can get behind that.
Another reverse Robin Hood proposal from a compassionate conservative. Namely, tax those least able to pay taxes so the wealthy get a break.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:14 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
All I hear is excuses on this board as to why people cannot work.

And that since I have worked hard my whole life I some how need to give my hard earned money to someone else who made poor life choices.

Maybe you should be questioning why their are not more jobs available. Maybe you should questions to policies of this administration that stunt job growth?
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I have not made one excuse why anyone is not working; please do not makefalse claims as if I had.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]So what, I have worked hard all my life also, been at it since I was 13years old. You seem to be one of those that believe everyone drawing assistanceis someone that has made poor choices in life, once again you are simply repeatingthe BS you have been fed. Why not do a little more research before makingfoolish statements.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]Maybe you should do the same. One of the mainreasons the recovery has been so slow is because the Business community isunsure of the economic climate due to the fact that the Government cannot seemto come up with a rational long term Budget. Since the HOUSE owns the pursestrings it falls on them to come up with a Budget that is workable and isbalanced enough with spending that the SENATE will consider it and work one outwith the HOUSE and sent on to the PRESIDENT. Both the SENATE and the HOUSE,CONGRESS, are to blame for this not have happened in over four years, playingPolitical games and pandering to their extremist supporters and of-course doingthe work of the Lobbies leaves little time to actually do their JOBs. Are theretoo many regulations, in some areas yes, in others I would say there are inplace for good reason, I never forget listening to Palin scream Drill BabyDrill and a week later the BP disaster occurred, common sense regulations needto be in place. Footnote: I actually work for a company that has new tools thatwould have prevented what happened with BP, necessity is the mother ofinvention, eh.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:26 AM

20,707 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
10% across the board on everything they take......welfare, food stamps, phones, housing, energy credits, child care money, etc.

"But they're poor!"

So what!
Tax silly threads.... but I am all for user fees.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:27 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,822,015 times
We should tax them for the jobs they cant get, the medical bills they cant pay, and the food they cant put on the table.

This is not 1965 anymore, its time the Boomers realized that. But hey, old dogs and all...

Old 09-16-2013, 10:41 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
What a lot of conservatives fail to acknowledge is something Jesus said a long time ago. That being, "the poor will always be among you". You can never eradicate poverty, but you can manage it, especially in a capitalist society. So you want to get rid of the social safety net? You do realize that there are people who were former middle class that fall onto that net, too, right? I can't believe so many on the ignorant far right assume everyone on welfare is a black welfare queen. This is why people on the far right should do what they need to do. That is, go sit quietly in the back of the bus and let the adults handle the show
I have no problem helping people when they fall on hard times, I have a problem continuously helping people who do not help themselves.

Everyone deserves a hand, just not continually. The system has gotten so fat that people can get through life without having to work, they live off of unemployment, welfare, fraudulant disability, etc. and those of use who choose to work for a living are stuck footing the bill.

The system worked when people were ashamed to be on the dole, now it is encouraged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies