Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 09:43 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,201,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I don't know how much they paid to make the commercial, have security staff present while the commercial was made and in air time but I doubt she paid for it with her own income.
Security staff is always present, so that's a no brainer, and they didn't pay Michelle a penny to make the commercial.

You are whining about cost when you have no idea what the cost was.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,321,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Security staff is always present, so that's a no brainer, and they didn't pay Michelle a penny to make the commercial.

Well you know it wasn't "free".
Furloughs in the government and cut backs and they go and do things like this.
No sense of logic and thinking and cutting out crap that makes no difference.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,902,683 times
The kids in school are throwing her lunches in the trash. Nobody votes for First Ladies. They all should be seen and not heard. They are irrelevant. Or, and I would never object to this - they should go out and work a 9 - 5 job if they want to set a good example. It's not like they have to take care of the house...

Old 09-14-2013, 09:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Agreed. I've known since middle school that water is important to metabolism....and I didn't need the government to make special commercials to tell me. It's a well known fact. Read any diet book and they'll tell you to stay hydrated. Play a sport and they'll tell you to stay hydrated and keep your electrolytes up. This is common sense. Not something we need to be spending tax dollars on so the first lady can see her face on TV.

She needs to try doing something of substance for a change or just blend into the woodwork and quit spending our money in frivolous ways. One or the other.
And I bet you also knew growing up that good nutrition is important for good health, and yet childhood obesity has more than doubled in children and tripled in adolescents just in the past 30 years. But hey, as long as YOU knew it growing up, there's no problem, right?

Old 09-14-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The kids in school are throwing her lunches in the trash. Nobody votes for First Ladies. They all should be seen and not heard. They are irrelevant. Or, and I would never object to this - they should go out and work a 9 - 5 job if they want to set a good example.
My kid, as opposed to her cousins, eats vegetables, organic food, etc.. Her cousins eat garbage, I try to educate my family members, but it's no use.

If you want your kid to eat McDonald's every day and throw away veggies, go ahead, but to act offended because Michelle wants your kids to adopt healthy eating habits [MOD CUT/inappropriate]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-14-2013 at 12:05 PM..

Old 09-14-2013, 09:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,850,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And you didn't know that ?
You need "the government" to tell you to drink water ?
Total waste of taxpayer money to get some "face time".
You keep saying that everyone knows this, yet you continue to ignore the posts in this thread that show that most Americans aren't drinking enough water to stay healthy. Why do you keep ignoring that fact? Too inconvenient to address?

Old 09-14-2013, 09:55 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,466,787 times
Quote:

Security staff offsite is beefed up and so is security on site when others are present for something such as...I don't know, a film crew coming in or her going out to one??? My guess is she's in bed with the bottled water companies on this one. Great way to impress the people....MAJOR FAIL here.

Drinking water is not a cause the white house should be pushing. Leave that up to the bottled water and water filter companies. They do a great job of getting the message out as things are.

Old 09-14-2013, 09:58 AM

37,769 posts, read 40,902,683 times
Quote:
My kid, as opposed to her cousins, eats vegetables, organic food, etc.. Her cousins eat garbage, I try to educate my family members, but it's no use.

If you want your kid to eat McDonald's every day and throw away veggies, go ahead, but to act offended because Michelle wants your kids to adopt healthy eating habits[MOD CUT/inappropriate].
Your kids eat what they do because their parents buy their food not because some president's wife tells them what to eat and then forces it on them. The president's wife should merely set an example.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-14-2013 at 12:06 PM..

Old 09-14-2013, 09:59 AM

808 posts, read 661,298 times
Quote:

If you want your kid to eat McDonald's every day and throw away veggies, go ahead, but to act offended because Michelle wants your kids to adopt healthy eating habits [MOD CUT/inappropriate].

and she needs the court of medieval king around her in order to promote the most natural thing on earth? Speaking to those dumbos who drink soda from the screen of their 55 inch plasma TV won't be enough?
those, who are the audience won't get their fat ass from the coach anyway.

People are outraged not because she is promoting water ( which is great, actually), but that she is spending millions on that and it would be much more efficient ( and less costly) if she would address the issue using nowadays media.
we have 17 trillions in debt and counting for Pete's sake - show at least some understanding and respect for the taxpayers money, Madam.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 09-14-2013 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 09-14-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Your kids eat what they do because their parents buy their food not because some president's wife tells them what to eat and then forces it on them.
So Michelle is forcing kids to eat?? You just said kids are throwing school lunches in the trash?? Which one is it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.