Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 10:31 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL you are so funny. The wealthiest politicians in DC.
The Top 10 Richest Politicians In Congress
Take note of the party. Do you honestly believe that these elitists regardless of party care about blue collar america? catch a clue they are all the same.
The cancer in America is the party hardliners who refuse to hold their own party to the same standards they impose upon the opposition.
You are a wise and smart man, too bad others can't get your drift. But what you say is true. What some people say make me LMAO it is such utter complete garbage and nonesense, just like what Obama throws at us. Good teacher i guess right! The teacher teaches his students to be good little students and obey?

I don't see Obama hanging out with your average blow joe, i see him mingling from day one with the elitists . The cancer that we face in this Country is out of pure ignorance and hardliners of a certain party, who refuse to hold their own party to the same gosh damn standards of the other.

Hypocrites do come to mind, we all know come on now, Democrats Do as we PREACH! Not as we do, playing footisies with an intern under a desk, cheating on a dying wife, yeah they are the party of morals.

WTF is in the water, both partys are in dire trouble, but i would say that way things are going the D party, has been had, for gosh sakes Putin even has his way with them. Deal with the Devil, hope does not come back and bite Obama.

Any one who puts one person on a pedestal, and refuses to hold this person to accountability and to accept responsibility for things he screws up, needs mental help. Think you or i would get that kind of treatment, think again. And the gosh damn media bias freaking patsys, helped make Obama who and what he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 11:01 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL you are so funny. The wealthiest politicians in DC.
The Top 10 Richest Politicians In Congress
Take note of the party. Do you honestly believe that these elitists regardless of party care about blue collar america? catch a clue they are all the same.
The cancer in America is the party hardliners who refuse to hold their own party to the same standards they impose upon the opposition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
You are a wise and smart man, too bad others can't get your drift. But what you say is true. What some people say make me LMAO it is such utter complete garbage and nonesense, just like what Obama throws at us. Good teacher i guess right! The teacher teaches his students to be good little students and obey?

I don't see Obama hanging out with your average blow joe, i see him mingling from day one with the elitists . The cancer that we face in this Country is out of pure ignorance and hardliners of a certain party, who refuse to hold their own party to the same gosh damn standards of the other.

Hypocrites do come to mind, we all know come on now, Democrats Do as we PREACH! Not as we do, playing footisies with an intern under a desk, cheating on a dying wife, yeah they are the party of morals.

WTF is in the water, both partys are in dire trouble, but i would say that way things are going the D party, has been had, for gosh sakes Putin even has his way with them. Deal with the Devil, hope does not come back and bite Obama.

Any one who puts one person on a pedestal, and refuses to hold this person to accountability and to accept responsibility for things he screws up, needs mental help. Think you or i would get that kind of treatment, think again. And the gosh damn media bias freaking patsys, helped make Obama who and what he is.
Bingo.
Reps to both of you.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:37 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,651,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That is just anther form of welfare but greatly expanded. Of course Op isn't going to pay a addition dime to pay for it as usual. Let me guess; Op wants the rich to pay for it.
People who make $100,000 a year pay a 30%+ tax rate.
Billionaires pay a 17% or less tax rate.

For example Mitt Romney pays a 14% tax rate.
Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

The OP has nothing against the rich. He just wants the rich to pay the same tax rate as everyone else.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:45 PM

6,230 posts, read 6,919,476 times
In the future this will have to done unless there is a vast population reduction or people just starve in the streets.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk 4

Old 09-15-2013, 12:48 AM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That is just anther form of welfare but greatly expanded. Of course Op isn't going to pay a addition dime to pay for it as usual. Let me guess; Op wants the rich to pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard102938 View Post
With Outsourcing and Mechanization its becoming less practical for people to make a middle class living. If we got rid of Food Stamps, Tanif and Section 8 then fired all the govament workers that administer those programs it would cover some of that cost. With $1,500 a month the poor nonworkers can have a basic living similar to what they had under the other program but without the bureaucratic nonsense and still have an incentive to work without "fear" of losing benefits, The middle class workers would still be able to maintain their lifestyles in changing times with less pay and hours.

The rest and biggest part of the cost of this would have to come from somewhere else even after cutting many programs that would become redundant with a $1,500 monthly income. We could tax large corporation's and the income of the extremely wealthy to cover it, and those people would probably not experience much net loss and might make even more money in the long run since they are in the best position to make money off all those people pumping $1,500 more a month into the economy.

Yep.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:11 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,577,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
People who make $100,000 a year pay a 30%+ tax rate.
Billionaires pay a 17% or less tax rate.

For example Mitt Romney pays a 14% tax rate.
Romney paid 14% effective tax rate in 2011 - Sep. 21, 2012

The OP has nothing against the rich. He just wants the rich to pay the same tax rate as everyone else.
I will agree that it should be consistent.
But, Mitt's 14% will have a higher $$ value than the $100,00-30%+. But I agree.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:26 AM

29,407 posts, read 21,994,436 times
Hey why not give everybody 150K........or 500K. Let us decide where to dole that money back to? I mean if we want a strong military give it there...........we want to give to poor folks give it there etc. Let folks decide their own tax rate. Oh but wait a second..........where will that money come from when they decide to not tax themselves............oh no there won't be any money......oops. What a stupid idea and it shows how the government has to steal to fund itself though.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:45 AM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times
In some part of Florida Medicare pays 18,000 per year for each recipient. You top that off with $1100 average SS payments per month and the average couple in Florida is taking $5200 per month from the government. I guess the government printing presses are busy keeping up with Florida. Of course we don't want to touch Medicare do we? Just keep the gravy train rolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies