Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 05:05 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rso092 View Post
I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
No one cares if you accept our laws, they are there whether you like it or not and if you break the law you accept the consequences.

Not worried about you because of course you're responsible but you do understand that there are some people that think they are morally responsible but are basically crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 05:30 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No one cares if you accept our laws, they are there whether you like it or not and if you break the law you accept the consequences.

Not worried about you because of course you're responsible but you do understand that there are some people that think they are morally responsible but are basically crazy.
So if a law is unjust, and wrong, obey it anyways..wow great logic, Rosa Parks should have gone to the back of the bus.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
So if a law is unjust, and wrong, obey it anyways..wow great logic, Rosa Parks should have gone to the back of the bus.
You cannot compare Rosa Park's protest to this, her actions were for an actual, clear and verifiable violations of the constitution. This thread was started based on a proposal of one legislator, not a yet a law and on what some think might happen, far cry....

Old 09-15-2013, 06:44 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
You cannot compare Rosa Park's protest to this, her actions were for an actual, clear and verifiable violations of the constitution. This thread was started based on a proposal of one legislator, not a yet a law and on what some think might happen, far cry....
Not Fry Cry, our actions are for an actual clear and verifiable violations of our Constitutional rights, and have not having those rights infringed upon that right..

Old 09-15-2013, 06:45 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
If this passes, you can bet it will be challenged.... up to the SCOTUS if necessary.

Regulation of this type will be ruled excessive and a violation of the 2nd.

Last edited by tickyul; 09-15-2013 at 06:53 PM..

Old 09-15-2013, 06:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Default CA legislator bans all Semi Automatic Rifles

Oh, bother. Mention guns and it brings out the so-called liberal wackos on one side and the gun-nuts on the other. The first don't trust their fellow human beings and the second gives them every reason for their attitudes.

For the record, no one legislator can ban anything unless he rolls in on his underarms.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:52 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Translation: The civil rights I like are important, the civil rights I do not like are fake and should be dismissed. Plus this was passed by both the senate and the assembly. The only thing stoping this bill from becoming law is a veto by Jerry Brown or the court system after JB signs the bill.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:07 PM

531 posts, read 501,538 times
So, I guess it's probably too late to point out that the bill doesn't ban all semiautomatic rifles. If you actually read it, you would see that what it does is replace the features-based definition of assault rifle (e.g. "has a pistol grip" "has a folding/telescoping stock", etc.) with a simpler but broader definition. The bill would classify any centerfire semiauto that doesn't have a fixed magazine with a capacity of less than ten as an assault weapon. But that means that centerfire semis that DO have fixed magazines with a capacity of less than ten are not affected. Doesn't seem to deal with rimfire semis at all.

It's still a restriction, but not the one that most people are characterizing it as.

Ironically, gun rights advocates have been pointing out for years that defining an assault weapon using the types of features that are often merely cosmetic is ultimately pretty silly and unfounded.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:17 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
This doesn't conflict with the constitution. No one has outlawed all arms in california.

Excessive regulation is an overstep.....if passed, it WILL get overturned.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Not Fry Cry, our actions are for an actual clear and verifiable violations of our Constitutional rights, and have not having those rights infringed upon that right..
You are protesting what might happen, quite different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies