Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 09:23 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Michelle lost me when I heard her say "For the first time in my adult life, I'm proud of America."

The fact that she's a racist and a liar doesn't help either.

The better question would be, how can anyone who isn't a racist and doesn't despise America identify in any way with Michelle Obama?
How can anyone who doesn't despise America - identify with Vladimir Putin? Seeing a LOT of Putin love around here.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:25 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Nope, I wanted to hear some really good concrete reasons, not just some vague notions.
Did you ever meet someone you just didn't like maybe for the smallest reason? That there was something about them you found annoying?? That's how Michelle affects me and probably most people. I used to work with a woman that when she opened her mouth she sounded like a stuck pig - constantly squealing, and it got on my last nerve. Now maybe that didn't bother other people, but it did me. I just didn't like her because she was so damn annoying.

I don't think she has done anything noteworthy and will be remembered for doing anything (good).

As for meeting people you just didn't like, does that mean that you disliked them to the point of hating them?

Old 09-15-2013, 09:26 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
How can anyone who doesn't despise America - identify with Vladimir Putin? Seeing a LOT of Putin love around here.
Nice try at deflection but the only place in this thread I've seen any mention of Putin is in your post? Are you in love with him?

Old 09-15-2013, 09:28 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Nice try at deflection but the only place in this thread I've seen any mention of Putin is in your post? Are you in love with him?
No. But then again, I'm not a conservative. You might want to peruse some of the other threads.

I was merely responding to the poster who indicated one could not identify with Michelle O. AND NOT despise the US. Which then begs the question that I asked.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:34 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
She's better educated, more successful, better looking, and more charming than they are - and she's black. What's not to hate?

Old 09-15-2013, 09:47 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Nope, I wanted to hear some really good concrete reasons, not just some vague notions.
No you don't. You just want to distract and finger point. As a group you have no proof they do. Otherwise why use collectivism in your post as if conservatives hate her and its rampant. Rhetorical, you don't have a legitimate answer.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:58 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
It's obvious from reading this forum that there is an overwhelming hatred for the current First Lady among Republicans and conservatives. I'm curious as to why.

Conservatives, why do you hate Michelle Obama so much, compared to past First Ladies?
I am conservative, and I actually like Michelle Obama. She gets a raw deal from conservatives because she made that slip of the tongue about it being the first time she really felt proud of her country. You know that irritated people, but I didn't think it was a big deal.

The other thing is her obesity campaign. What's wrong with a First Lady taking up a cause? I think it's commendable, but I do worry about the federal government giving schools grants to follow certain diet restrictions, because it's a one-size-fits-all approach. A high school athlete practicing for two or three hours a day needs more calories than a sedentary student.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:58 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Did you ever meet someone you just didn't like maybe for the smallest reason? That there was something about them you found annoying?? That's how Michelle affects me and probably most people. I used to work with a woman that when she opened her mouth she sounded like a stuck pig - constantly squealing, and it got on my last nerve. Now maybe that didn't bother other people, but it did me. I just didn't like her because she was so damn annoying.

I don't think she has done anything noteworthy and will be remembered for doing anything (good).

As for meeting people you just didn't like, does that mean that you disliked them to the point of hating them?
Yeah, I work with a couple of people that I don't like too much for illogical reasons. I however don't make a point of insulting them & complaining ad nauseam about them 24/7. I accept that I have stupid reasons for not warming up to them, consider it a part of life & continue about my day.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:07 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
1) Please quote the post in which I stated that ALL white people are racist.

2) Patiently waiting for you (and others like you) to "scold" those who have called the FLOTUS derogatory names. Silence is consent.

3) I really could not care less that YOU are tired of having the truth pushed into your face.

here is another well thought out answer
did you play well with others at school?? are you still IN school??
you are funny I hope you thrill us with more of your logic I find it hysterical!
scold?? really??
oh, please scold us some more
it goes good with my Sunday pancakes~~
kisses~~~

Old 09-15-2013, 10:11 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
I would say a lot of the name calling directed at Michelle Obama would exemplify a lot more than "dislike". The name calling like "Moochelle", "Chewbacca", etc.
Dislike is not hate. People think she's a joke because she does things like make commercials for water. Does she not realize there is an entire water industry marketing the stuff and products for water? Talk about picking a lame cause to champion but it's par for the course. Lame only because companies like Ice Mountain, Desani, Pure and Britta have already spent millions if not billions in advertising to get us to drink more water. Makes you wonder what she thinks she can accomplish that they couldn't. Then again her husband is the dictator in chief. Maybe she thinks it's against he law to not listen to her or something, lol.

I don't get why she does what she does and says what she says and I really don't care anymore. I don't hate her. I'm not sure I've ever hated anyone. I just don't like her. She's the one who chooses which face she shows the public and from where I sit, she hasn't chosen well. Flying off to Beyoncé concerts at taxpayer expense, getting in bed with the water industry to make commercials for them. It took her husband being president for her to finally be proud of her country??? For the FIRST time in her life she's proud of her country???? Nothing we've done or accomplished before now was worth being proud of???? She can take a hike. I no longer care what she does.

We have just over three more years to put up with her. I'm sure it will be more of the same.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 09-15-2013 at 10:31 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies