Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 05:21 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times

Advertisements

he is a nutjob who threatened to kill the president.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 05:22 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
He has lost his argument when he threatened the President with harm now it looks like he will lose his freedom for sometime behind bars.
As should be.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:08 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
So people shouldn't be allowed to purchase ammunition or scopes now?
We should all be worried when imbecilic nutballs like this specimen can hoard ammunition. In any kind of sane, civilized society, someone who threatens to murder someone else would have all his weapons seized and if he were ever found in possession of any again, he would be put away for a long time.

BTW, this my same position on drunk driving scumbags. Their cars should be seized and if they ever are found again possession of a motor vehicle, throw them in prison for a long time.

Old 09-15-2013, 06:14 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,709,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
We should all be worried when imbecilic nutballs like this specimen can hoard ammunition. In any kind of sane, civilized society, someone who threatens to murder someone else would have all his weapons seized and if he were ever found in possession of any again, he would be put away for a long time.

BTW, this my same position on drunk driving scumbags. Their cars should be seized and if they ever are found again possession of a motor vehicle, throw them in prison for a long time.
Take my post in context please. I was responding to bUU's implication that purchasing ammo and scopes is not okay. As for the idiot who threatened the president, freedom of speech does not include making direct threats on the life of another.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:49 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,155,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Take my post in context please. I was responding to bUU's implication that purchasing ammo and scopes is not okay. As for the idiot who threatened the president, freedom of speech does not include making direct threats on the life of another.
I don't care who it is hoarding ammo, it's not "fine." I live amongst people where most own guns. It is not normal for those gun owners to stockpile ammo. The people who hoard ammo are, almost by definition, imbalanced nutcases. The kind you see posting everyday on this forum about guns. As I said, there are plenty of others with fixations on single things. The difference is they're fixated on NASCAR, My Little Pony, Star Trek or Corvettes. The demographic who is fixated on guns is unique. They are usually paranoid individuals who live in perpetual fear. If you doubt me, ask them. Ask them who they fear. What you will find is that they fear nearly everyone. That's one of the reasons they hoard guns and ammo. They're afraid of everyone. Everyone is coming to get them and their guns. Why in the world any sane individual would not worry about anyone hoarding ammo is beyond me.

BTW, while I'm rapping here, we have a segment of the population that has no problem with cops frisking a certain demographic for no reason, but if we were to propose cops keeping special tabs on these paranoid headcases hoarding ammo, they would be, pardon the pun, up in arms.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A Pennsylvania patriot was arrested for exercising his 1st & 2nd Amendment rights. Damned Obama!

A Scranton man has been arrested for sending this threat to the White House: "President Obama is the Anti-Christ. As a result of breaking the constitution you will stand down or be shot dead. This will be sent to militias throughout the country and the media. Nick Savino." A search of his residence found two licensed weapons, one of which was a loaded AR-15, 11,000 rounds of ammunition, a long-range scope and training manuals on long-range shooting.

Officials: Clarks Summit man accused of threatening Obama kept loaded AR-15 - News - The Times-Tribune
Glad they caught the nutjob, hopefully he will get some mental health care while locked up.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
A Pennsylvania patriot was arrested for exercising his 1st & 2nd Amendment rights. Damned Obama!

A Scranton man has been arrested for sending this threat to the White House: "President Obama is the Anti-Christ. As a result of breaking the constitution you will stand down or be shot dead. This will be sent to militias throughout the country and the media. Nick Savino." A search of his residence found two licensed weapons, one of which was a loaded AR-15, 11,000 rounds of ammunition, a long-range scope and training manuals on long-range shooting.

Officials: Clarks Summit man accused of threatening Obama kept loaded AR-15 - News - The Times-Tribune

Sounds like your typical right wing screwball.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:10 PM

167 posts, read 164,091 times
Maybe he shouldn't have threatened the president. That's very frowned upon.

And come on, 'Anti-Christ'? Who even still calls Obama that?

Old 09-16-2013, 12:30 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Sounds like your average conservative, rabid but not too bright. Probably a city-data poster.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:35 AM

3,040 posts, read 2,578,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Sounds like your typical right wing screwball.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Sounds like your average conservative, rabid but not too bright. Probably a city-data poster.
Comments like this says a lot about you guys.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies