Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 05:48 PM

11,775 posts, read 5,789,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
More right-wing talking points nonsense....,

Her points and the post presented made sense and worth reading - but you can't change stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 07:24 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Anyone who is a Muslim does not fall under ObamaCare in any manner. They do not have to purchase insurance. They do not have to pay a single cent in fines if they do not purchase insurance.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,480,960 times
?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Old 10-06-2013, 08:35 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Her points and the post presented made sense and worth reading - but you can't change stupid.
In your opinion...

Old 10-06-2013, 08:43 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Anyone who is a Muslim does not fall under ObamaCare in any manner. They do not have to purchase insurance. They do not have to pay a single cent in fines if they do not purchase insurance.
Ludicrous post...
Quote:
Assertion: Muslims are exempt from the health care law.
-- Chain email, May 29, 2013
Fact check: A widely circulated chain email claims that the word "dhimmitude" is on Page 107 of the health care law, and it means Muslims will be exempt. Actually, the health care law does not include the word "dhimmitude" (a recently coined word that seems to refer to non-Muslims under Muslim rule) and does not exempt Muslims. There is a "religious conscience exemption,'' but it applies to groups that disavow all forms of insurance, including Social Security. Muslim groups have supported the Affordable Care Act.
-- Politifact rated the chain email's claim Pants on Fire.

Read more: Government shutdown 2013: Politifact says assertions about Obamacare often exaggerated, wrong

Old 10-07-2013, 03:48 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,703,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Same as with the proponents, so what?
Remarkably, not the same with the proponents. My own personal self-interest and self-motivation would drive me to oppose ACA. There is nothing that I will benefit from within it. My support for it is based solely on the fact that it is the best interests of others, though in society more vulnerable than I. It is my moral fortitude that fosters my support for ACA, not my personal self-interest or self-motivation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
And you will refuse all medical care for which you cannot pay??
It's an interesting scenario, since wouldn't that be grounds for determining that the critically wounded patient cannot make their own rational decisions?? It's one thing to decline treatment on religious grounds or because you feel that it is time to pass on, but to decline critically-needed life-saving treatment offered because you cannot pay for it, (dot) (dot) (dot)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneTraveler View Post
Alright, who's the panzi who sent me a rep saying that ...
I find it hilarious when posters are so desperate to say something immature in response to something I post sending me rep in order to have their petulant say.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
First off Bankruptcy does not make you homeless, let's clear that up right now. You say I don't know the facts? Please point to how a bankruptcy causes you to loose your place to live.

Secondly, I don't know anyone who'd choose to pay medical bills over rent, you'd have to be a total idiot to make that choice.
I don't disagree that a serious medical issue could result in large bills but that does NOT cause homelessness, that's pure spin to push an agenda.
You do realize there are still some people who actually believe when they incur debt, they should pay the bills. We already know RWNJs in Congress and their foolish followers, aren't part of that group.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:35 AM

5,365 posts, read 6,335,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
Remarkably, not the same with the proponents. My own personal self-interest and self-motivation would drive me to oppose ACA. There is nothing that I will benefit from within it. My support for it is based solely on the fact that it is the best interests of others, though in society more vulnerable than I. It is my moral fortitude that fosters my support for ACA, not my personal self-interest or self-motivation.

It's an interesting scenario, since wouldn't that be grounds for determining that the critically wounded patient cannot make their own rational decisions?? It's one thing to decline treatment on religious grounds or because you feel that it is time to pass on, but to decline critically-needed life-saving treatment offered because you cannot pay for it, (dot) (dot) (dot)

I find it hilarious when posters are so desperate to say something immature in response to something I post sending me rep in order to have their petulant say.
If he wanted to say something he could have PM'd me. But nope. They clearly just wanted to be a bee. Sting me and then fly away before I could see it.

Old 10-07-2013, 10:34 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Yes. I'm signing up at healthcare.gov as we speak.

Old 10-07-2013, 05:24 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,442,568 times
Once the Federal exchange is working I'll look for insurance. I'm a 1099 contractor and I bcbs as an individual. The obit reason I need to wait for the Federal exchange is that Texas choose not to set one up.

And my mom will finally be able to afford insurance for the first time in her life.

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Tapatalk 2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies