Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 11:01 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,716,771 times

Advertisements

You guys do know this guy was a Veteran who had access to 150 billion in VA benefits. He had an honorable discharge. Sounds like he was a future Republican. Where was the failure??

Old 09-17-2013, 11:02 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
They are entertainers and not politicians...
The OP isn't a politician either, yet that statement was directed towards him, but that's different right. It's perfectly fine for a conservative to politicize it, but for anyone else, it's an outrage!!!!

Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Maybe we need to start looking at ALL federal employees as potential terrorists. Janet Napolitano said the same thing about returning US veterans. I also like how Obama is now proposing to increase background checks into all federal employees. Lets hope he starts with himself....
And now its just a shotgun and a security guards sidearm that were used, no AR 15.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:17 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,208,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Maybe we need to start looking at ALL federal employees as potential terrorists. Janet Napolitano said the same thing about returning US veterans. I also like how Obama is now proposing to increase background checks into all federal employees. Lets hope he starts with himself....
And now its just a shotgun and a security guards sidearm that were used, no AR 15.
the shooter was a veteran

Old 09-17-2013, 11:22 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
And I really wish more of you gun fondlers would openly carry. Nothing would change public opinion faster than the spectacle of you goofballs walking around Walmart and the public square with your pistols in plain view. I wish every one of you would start doing it. I'll bet you would get about 80-90% of females and 60-70% of males absolutely freaking out at the spectacle of you guys openly carrying in public places. After awhile, you'd have little choice but to return to your underground bunkers, awaiting the men in blue helmets or Eric Holder's gun consumiing zombies (paid for through Fast & Furious $$$$) to come for your firearms, most likely with most of the general public cheering them on.
That is the remedy for this mass hysteria about guns, desensitization. Once a you see a few men, mothers, walking around with a firearm on their waist, you'd get used to it, and not give it a thought. It would also have to giveway to a sense of security.
Have you noticed that all these type shootings take place in gun free zones? Eliminate those, and these mass shootings will be a thing of the past.

Now put the focus on mental health, and pharmaceutical drug use, where it belongs.

Old 09-17-2013, 11:25 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Now put the focus on mental health, and pharmaceutical drug use, where it belongs.
Unfortunately that doesn't garner votes from the pacifist liberal crowd or hollywood, gun control does....

Old 09-17-2013, 11:28 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Is that what they are saying? Because a family that knew him well said that he always carried a gun in his waistband. So I assumed both weapons were his own.

Old 09-18-2013, 04:16 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
The mass media wanted so bad for it to be an AR-15. They wanted it so bad that they reported it as so repeatedly before it was proven it wasn't. This whole tragic event doesn't fit the gun grabber agenda, so they don't know what to do with it. The guy was black, a veteran, a Bhuddist, had extensive background checks, bought a shotgun legaly, took the other weapons from security people at the attack site. They desperately want to spin it into an anti gun story but can't grab onto anything without getting poo on themselves.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
You understand he was a contractor, not a fed.
But your poutrage is duly noted.

Old 09-18-2013, 05:41 AM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
the shooter was a veteran
I am seriously hoping that you are not agreeing with the notion that all veterans are potential terrorist threats. This man had some obvious mental health issues. That was the probable causation for his actions, not the fact that he was a veteran of the Naval Reserves. There are millions of veterans out there right now. The vast majority of which are productive, contributing members of society. Like any other segment of the population, sure there are some bad apples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies